'82 Mondial on Copart..."stripped"...previously discussed on FChat | FerrariChat

'82 Mondial on Copart..."stripped"...previously discussed on FChat

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 4re Nut, Jul 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #2 4re Nut, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Still listed as "Call For Price". :rolleyes:

The ad still has the photos up too; below are a few.

To me it looks just as "stripped" as the Copart pics and note the odometer readings are the same.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    With all the engine bay items stripped that car should be a total write off. It is worth 15K running. It would take more than that to make it right.

Now, an interested party could use to put one of the aftermarket higher output set ups in it. And, after spending $45,000 one could have a nice Mondial worth $20,000.

-sc

3. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    with the plugs/wires, fuel lines, etc. missing, chances are when they washed it up latest pics, put water into the engine ...sad :(

4. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Wow! This car sure does get around!

When I considered buying it a few years back it was owned by a guy in the Bay Area in Redwood City. At that time it ran and drove, and in fact I did take it on a test drive! It drove poorly with no power, and overall it was pretty rough.

Then I saw it for sale by a wrecking yard in Los Angeles. At that time the wrecker was selling as a whole and also parting it out. Pictures showed it parked on their dirt yard with parts already missing including the tail lights, some of the interior and emblems. This is probably where the engine parts disappeared at and were sold.

Then, the car shows up at Beverly Hills Car Club in S. California all cleaned up and assembled back to look presentable.

Now, the car is at Copart in Florida! Poor car.......I was hoping that somebody would save this one and we'd see it on the road again. Unfortunately at this stage and in this condition it will almost surely be a parts car! :(