812 VS Rumors | Page 88 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Vertical slots (air outlets) in lower rear fenders (still covered).

Marcel Massini

of2worlds, Senna1994 and C50 like this.
  2. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    As mentioned previously, GPF is the least of our concerns. It’s the EU noise regulations that will mark the end of supercars as we know them. GPF will be unnoticeable when the silencers are limiting exhaust volume to that of an everyday sedan, which, by the way, must be tested in the car’s loudest setting under full load.

I think we’ll get lucky and the VS will squeeze in before these go into affect or Ferrari will get a clue remove the EU silencers for non-EU cars. But after the final run 812 VS, I’m not too optimistic...

3. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It will come WITH GPF only. Otherwise you cannot register the car (law).

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  4. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    A few pages back on this thread there were some rumors that the VS might be USA or North America only (which would allow skipping the GPF). Any truth to those rumors?

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    what would the orange wires be?
    Electrical?/battery power?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I’m wondering if you know whether the VS will remain na or whether it will come with some form of assistance /e- turbo...
    Typically the VS tends to showcase the technology used on the replacement model and there have been lots of speculation of the future becoming hybrid which would suggest the VS could have some form of electric/turbo/hybrid assistance.

skinguy23 likes this.
  7. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    We are now living in the time of the very best supercars. These years will be known for years to come as the golden age, it's the absolute pinnacle of what the combustion engine can do and the fun to be had in a car. Once we go hybrid or full electrification the fun times will be over, that is why the manufacturers are milking everything they can out of the last cars. Once everything is electric the only difference will be the badge and the styling

8. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    String to hold the door panel on

9. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    If the black 812 is actually a test version for the VS then at least it shows it's probably not a hybrid as there are no "electric" warning signs on the doors as we've seen on other hybrid mules.

of2worlds and 456-boy like this.
  10. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    The last time they had a string in the door panel was the F40, and if the 812VS is anything like it, that's good enough for me :D

11. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    What is GPF?

12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  13. ferrarifanatic25

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Some interesting hidden details:

[​IMG]

This one already mentioned by Marcel Massini:

[​IMG]

of2worlds, sampelligrino and 9nb like this.
  15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    This is the funniest thing I ever read here!

This is only a mule: the 812 GTO is different.

Ciao

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    the first picture detail is a decoy, the second picture detail hides a special feature of this car.

ciao

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very tempting to just agree. However, when they strangled cars in the early 70s in the name of efficiency and emissions we lost for a long time really overwhelming cars. It was said sports cars were going extinct. Looking back, did they? We might be surprised with what they can conjure. In the mean time we should enjoy what we have.

Bundy, sampelligrino and 350MH83 like this.
  18. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    If this comes in its game over https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/mandatory-speed-limiters/#:~:text=New%20rules%20provisionally%20agreed%20by,sold%20in%20Europe%20from%202022.&text=After%20being%20approved%20by%20the,cars%20within%20just%20three%20years.

19. ferrarifanatic25

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    #2194 ferrarifanatic25, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    I get what you’re saying but I think this time is much different than back in the 70’s. Back then, there was a real purpose to the regulations and the end goal was different. Cats were introduced for a legitimate reason in that we had serious air quality problems in major metro areas. The goal of those regulations was not to end internal combustion engines, but rather to make them cleaner and more sustainable.

This is what the GPF is attempting to do as well and that is why I don’t have as much of an issue with it. It is seemly being introduced for a legitimate purpose. As far as how effective it will be and whether it will actually make an impact is up for debate, but the intention is seemingly legitimate. Obviously, I wish we didn’t have them, but that’s not up to me.

When we get to the noise regulations, this is where I have serious reason for concern. At first, it may seem that these noise regulations are entirely pointless. In effect, they are. There is no good argument as to how this will benefit the environment or society at large. There are plenty of things that people may deem “annoying” but that doesn’t mean they must be illegal. At the very least, that logic doesn’t typically apply to the free world. I could go on and on with different analogies, but no need for that here.

However, when you dig a bit deeper, it become very clear what the purpose of these new noise regulations are. This is deeply embedded in a political agenda to completely eradicate the internal combustion engine as a whole. The thought process is, if they can remove everything that people ever liked about ICE in the first place, there will be no reason to continue producing them at all. If you get rid of all the pros and all that remains are the cons, no one will want a ICE car and manufacturers will simply stop making them in favor of their electric counter parts.

Therein lies the major difference between the regulations of the 70’s versus the regulations of today. In the 70’s, the goal was the sustainability of ICE. Today, the goal is exactly the opposite.

Dubaicity, italiafan, PTG1 and 7 others like this.
  20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    There are numerous studies that associate noise levels with various health conditions. That said, they could just limit noise within residential areas, but we all know that a few idiots would bypass those restrictions.

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I was with you until the end and the reason for the regulations. I can tell you there many people who wanted to kill off cars back then also. My main point is, we are often limited by our inability to imagine just what is around the next corner. We should consider that it could be bad; but it could also be not so bad, or it might actually be surprisingly good.

j09333, Bundy and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  22. ferrarifanatic25

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Agreed. There are caveats to all arguments and I hear your point. No reason to get ahead of ourselves with a glass half empty attitude or we’ll get too caught up complaining and never spend any time enjoying.

I will insist; however, that the noise regulations were passed primarily for the secondary purpose I detailed above. You can send me all the links to studies about this or that and how it causes cancer or mental disorders or [insert bad thing here], but frankly, I could care less. They won’t admit it and they will always come up with some facade, just as they always do, but those laws weren’t passed because they’re afraid someone ears will get hurt by a loud car. There’s always an underlying motive.

444sp, KenU, maxemus and 3 others like this.
  23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I don't agree, VS versions never showcased the next car. They are either road going versions of the track only version (Challenge stradale, 599 GTO) or souped up versions with a lot more power and different behavior (Tdf, pista)

If I follow your logic the 458 speciale would have had a V8TT engine and the tdf a 6.5 V12

I think it's nearly impossible for the 812 VS to be electrically assisted or turbocharged, wich means re-engineer the whole car, and that will be the 812 replacement , not the VS

VS cars always retain the basic hardware of the regular version, I mean the bodyshell and the basic engine block.

JagShergill and ScrappyB like this.
  24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I'm misunderstanding here. For example, you saying the F12Tdf is the souped up high horsepower version or the 812 that followed it is? Or are you saying the F12TdF is the high horsepower version of the the F12B?

25. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Perfectly said !

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.