812 VS Rumors | Page 57 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    No GPF for Monza, it is "end-of-series" car, it does not need to comply with CY2020 EU regulations

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Or... twenty years from now this nitpicking about GPF will be completely discarded.
    People tend to not care so much today about testarossa with or without catalytic converter, nor about BB 512 with carburettors or fuel injection; same for 308 / 328, the only ones commanding a real premium being the rare "vetroresina" 308 while carburettors, injection, QV only have marginal impact.

Apart from that, the car I own or will own (whatever it is / will be) will see its value skyrocket in the future, because that's the only valid pattern in many threads (458 / Speciale / Pista / F12 / whatever) :D

mthompson2376 and LMH like this.
  3. malladora

malladora Rookie

Mar 9, 2012
    Geneva
    Ram air effect ?

4. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Thanks.
    I thought that was the case.

456-boy likes this.
  5. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Which F40's are most sought after and valuable ?

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I'd guess those in better condition - other factors being more anecdotal. This being said, I did not sell nor buy an F40 recently (or ever) ;)

7. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    You saying that but RHD testarossas are now advertised at a higher price than some F12’s despite having been produced in the order of 10,000 so twice as many as the number of f12 and more than twice the number of 812...

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    For regular LHD examples it's definitely not the case - even 512 TR are typically (and by some margin) less expensive than F12.

9. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    In the UK low mileage testarossas are now advertised very close to similar mileage F12 and 512 are advertised higher, 10/15% more expensive so the ratio of today’s price to the initial MSRP is much higher for both the testarossa and the 512 compared to the F12. That’s how I look at it.

10. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    And again those Were produced in much higher numbers

11. Cnoordz

Cnoordz Karting

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    C
    Are you guys/girls drivers or dealers, sometimes I wonder?

Thomas S., tomc and manya81 like this.
  12. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Non cat, non adjust, lexan windows...

JagShergill, of2worlds and ajr550 like this.
  13. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Finally 512M and 512BB are advertised at much higher than the F12 the Bb being advertised higher than a lot of 812SF
    So will the F12/812 being possibly the last of an era of cars be worth more in 20 years when the new generation is all electric / hybrid ? Quite possibly. Look at the 458 speciale being the last na v8 here in the uk most of them are advertised well above msrp and not too far from pistas so those things such as the kast of an era of good sounding already seem to matter for some people and i think will matter more in the future when Ferrari aren’t making them anymore. Back to the topic would i pick an 812 with or without gpf? Sorry but without because I’m one of those for which the sound of a pure na v12 is a crucial part of the experience and enjoyment of the car and that’s always been part of Ferrari’s history and reason for their desirability

14. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Driver and enthusiast 100% ‘m not a dealer

15. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Don't forget the Monza SP, it could be the last

of2worlds likes this.
  16. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Right that’s a very special limited series and extremely expensive car different league

17. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Yes i checked my car cover seeing the same. So it sounds like we are enjoying a modified ( improved) tdf!

19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    But not the TdF name, LE designation or value retention! The enjoy part is all that really matters. :)

Maloja, Bundy and ajr550 like this.
  20. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Yes! Enjoyment is 100% there for a fraction of the tdf price!

21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thanks Andrew ;)

I agree, the old world rules seem to not apply anymore... I still hope the 812 Vs will remain a N/A, unassisted V12. there are still good chances IMO

22. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Sorry but the comment on 512 is incorrect. 512BB Carburettor cars fetch materially higher prices than 512BBi.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

23. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Back to the VS power train, let’s remember Ferrari are in F1 and have now been racing the new generation F1 engines, V6 Hybrid, instant spin up electric turbo engines for almost 8 years, this technology is now mastered developing 1,000hp from 1.6L. More interestingly these cars run at 57% efficiency as opposed to some of the most efficient, standard road cars at only 36%. (Yep, like that or not you are only getting the benefit of 1/3 of the fuel you stick in).

Ferrari haven’t made any significant transfers of F1 technology for some time, so maybe the VS is that platform and time, in addition nearly all VS cars showcase the next generation cars technology...the Speciale has most of the new running gear for the 488, the F12 tdf to 812 similar, (well documented in this thread) and so on... it stands to good reason the VS will be the next generation technology in a aggressive aero, lightweight V12, 812.

The 812 platform and layout is almost perfect to transfer the hybrid technology. Ferrari experimented with this with a 599 Green Hybrid car.

That car on the video definitely has a turbo, definitely, but it sounds quite aggressive, similar to the current F1 cars (could even be the F1 engine in there), the turbos in a F1 car use some of the electric form the integrated KERS system to spin up the turbo, instantly and beyond 100,000 rpm, NO turbo lag, 0%, absolutely non, the electric power on the turbo is way quicker than the speed the engine can spin, and if your going to build a track version of the 812 you would hope most would take it to the track, where lots of the battery can be recharged through heavy brakes and integrated KERS turbo every 20s or so, same as the F1 machines. Makes perfect sense to transfer some of that F1 technology in smaller tuned down package.

This package could easily produce a powertrain of anything upto 1,200hp + from a V12 engine no bigger than 4.5 litres, could have qualifying modes, efficiency modes that would easily pass EU regs. The weight saving from shrinking the engine would offset some of the additional battery / and motors weight, along with lots of carbon etc. (GPF genuinely who cares, with this technology they probably don’t need GPF, slapping a GPF on a car is like taking aspirin to solve a man with a headache banging his head against the wall).

Honestly if we think what F1 looks like today, and what the next generation 812 will be, that probably has more answers to what the next VS will be.

Our NA V12’s, and I Image Unavailable, Please Login have an F12 and Lusso with GTS on order - I love the NA V12, but it may look very old ancient technology very soon against all marques not just the next Ferrari. Ferrari and Mercedes have invested heavily in the tech through F1, at some point it has to transfer, in an ever demanding green world.

I would personally love a car with that capability, having went to the Belgium GP last year the noise of those Machines is incredible...I have 100% no problems with the sound of those, would be awesome in a V12 package and not a V6 package....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

lamborarri and ajr550 like this.
  24. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    That’s very interesting and kind of my intuition which was that the 812 replacement would most likely be v12 hybrid with potentially Smaller displacement and likely be sitting in the range above the sf90
    If that’s the case looking at the price of the sf90 what do you think that car is likely going to cost?

25. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017