812 VS Rumors | Page 210 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It does appear beneath the camo is a large void. That shape is very dark beneath the cover. Feel free to sketch the rear if you get bored. :)

ingegnere likes this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    'PUFF' the magic dragon>
    Suppose two fans in the trunk suck air through a permeable panel in the diffuser's central tunnel. That air is then vented through two holes in the rear bodywork. A piezoelectric diaphragm releases that air 'in controlled bursts' which helps detach the wake from the rear of the car. All this in conjunction with a full underbody tray that turns into a massive diffuser behind the rear tires. To further move the air there are F1 style Fences at each wheel well where the bodywork is then recessed behind them. All this to draw turbulent air out of the wheel wells.
    That V12 motor being the special feature with premium ie. expensive parts for the pistons and rods plus a unique induction system. Also in the details; even the edges of the crankshaft throws honed at an angle to reduce drag. The motor will without doubt be the real masterpiece design in the car.

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    If n/a 865hp and 10k rpm with no electric assistance, it will be a masterpiece indeed. I think to get that out of a non-turbo V12 is really cooking on gas!

Caeruleus11 and jpalmito like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree
    So we can wonder what will be the characteristics of the next V12?

5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The first part of your aero wish list seems doable, is very “fan-car” in concept but will depend on the size of the fan(s) for effectiveness.

The “burts” thing I suppose if strategically located can impart energy to the flow to either reduce the size of the wake, and so drag, or divert the air upward for more downforce of to help the diffuser efficiency. I believe this was what Ferrari was trying with some Dutch company many years ago on the 599XX so the tech either matured or will remain a pipe dream.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Fans, ducts, vents active aero , carbon fiber bonnet features , carbon fiber wheels , CF targa panels( for the Aperta/targa) , 10,000 rpm, etc etc - the 812 VS is sounding more and more extreme and if these are close to they truth , then an even bigger leap from the 812 than The TDF was from the F12 imho.... didn’t expect that ....

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Great thoughts thank you all.

On the topic of the CF wheels, I have them on my Pista. They took a little while to get here so I have experience on the metal wheels and then the CF. The short answer is while they look fantastic, I didn’t really notice a difference in my first drive, then it occurred to me to see if I could find a difference. And when I really tried to focus on the difference, and I am not 100% sure about this, but I *think* I am detecting the tires remaining in better contact with the pavement over small little ruts and bumps in the road that we have where I live. It seems to me the ability to maintain the contact with the road is improved. I have yet to hit a big pothole with one, and I am certainly not looking to do so. In terms of safety, I just don’t believe Ferrari, or the other auto marques that sell CF wheels as an option, would sell them if they were dangerous. I am sure some surface damage can be refinished and if there is a question of structural then you would have to replace it. Based on my experience with Pista, I would not worry about ordering CF wheels for the 812 VS.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

stavura, j09333, JackCongo and 4 others like this.
  8. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Maybe it is just the zipper for the accu charger

9. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    This picture shows no lower rear exhaust, allowing full length diffuser, Back to my original theory, high level exit exhaust in the rear window, lovers needed to cool here, exhaust diverted to keep away from hybrid system....

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Too bad most of them are going to be washed more than driven..........

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Agreed - how else to keep the interest going and the magazines etc excited. Also to say it was a Japanese customer who leaked the pic is rather odd/demeaning as thats not a typical Japanese response to knowing its confidential and then doing the opposite.

Anyone check if there is any meta data embedded in the source pic

of2worlds likes this.
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Well everyone can't be the hero! :)

13. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Are those Japanese characters? If so, it might actually come a dealership demo in Japan.

ingegnere likes this.
  14. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    Well, here's what I observed when I first saw the picture:
    • The keyboard in the picture is a Mandarin-language Taiwanese-format keyboard
    • There is a reflection in the tablet's screen of some Japanese text
    • There is a distinct yellow / blue structure visible through the window; if it's a Ferrari dealership, someone with time on their hands could very well try to identify the dealership from satellite imagery (Google Earth / Street View and the like)

Shack, 456-boy and ingegnere like this.
  15. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  16. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Here is the « full » pic that leaked. We can see what seem to be Japanese characters on the keyboard and on the screen too.

Thecadster, Shack, isot and 1 other person like this.
  17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Amazing how the colours of the car pick up on the background colours :)

It’s like the user was using the background as a mood board while on the configurator.

leopoldo, Thecadster, F140C and 3 others like this.
  18. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Haha we were too innocent thinking the livery was inspired from 250 GTO 3445GT, but in fact as you said the guy used the background colors for the configurator

ingegnere, F140C and isot like this.
  19. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    The car will be for sure a piece of art but ... does it will sound better of at least it’s predecessor ( f12tdf ) ?? Or the sound will be simply close to the 812gts with gpf ? I like fast and beautiful cars but I love more the sound !

plastique999 and of2worlds like this.
  20. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Fantastic render Isot. It looks quite simple in executiong yet the SF90 rear adition adds a very nice agressive touch whilst the midle part stil gives it some flair.
    Well done sir!

21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    excellent: the front is close (to what I was shown two years ago), the rear no so much as the front.

of2worlds, 9nb and isot like this.
  22. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    this is a May 2020 spyshot of an 812 "Le Mans" (?) mule: why the rear glass is covered with a tape? Why the production 812 Le Mans hasn't the rear glass?

What's under there?

Aerodynamic ducts system? Any extra power device?

Just curious

Ciao

JagShergill, Doug23, JTSE30 and 4 others like this.
  23. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I wonder what exactly are those two big (vented?) boxes in each down rear corner. It seems to be one of the persistent features in the different mules.

456-boy likes this.
  24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It could be the 'air outlets' for the two fans in the trunk...

Shack likes this.
  25. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Possible, but why you should put two fans in the trunk? why all those thermal radiant tempertures spherical probes only on the rear right side? why not on the rear left side too? what's there on the right side? Only the GPF? Why the GPF should be only on the right side? And the GPF should be the same as the 812 GTS, so why do they need to test it so accurately?

Who knows!

ciao