812 VS Rumors | Page 117 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Grigio Silvertsone would be a great choice, no shields, no carbon, and then just drop the car off at my house after the reveal.

2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Amen.

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Again, with Rosso Corsa.

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I like that drawing. However, I always see the Manzoni flaps and gills makeover. There's only so much you can do with the same car and at the time Manzoni did not dare venture too far from the PF styling. Not comparing values just being honest about the styling in that it was not a radical re-styling IMHO.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Hopefully a fancy dark metallic blue :)

6. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    I think it could be one of blue, gray and green

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I suppose the first question is whether they develop a new colour or choose one from the current catalogue. This is likely to be the last completely n/a lightweight so maybe they do something to celebrate? The last one - Giallo Montecarlo - is a greenish yellow. I don’t think they will go grey, so could be a play on red. F12 TDF looked surprisingly good in Rosso Dino (I know the atelier people all thought that) so maybe something along those lines?

8. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    If it has GPF: green. :)

Lukeylikey and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ferrari is very conservative with their intro colors and I don't think that will change much with the 812 VS.
    Going back a long way the Challenge Stradale was the first car to break with tradition when they introduced the usual Rosso Corsa but added Blu TdF for the second display car. They also introduced later the Rosso Scuderia paint which became the number 1 desired color for resale at that time.
    The Italia was also introduced in two colors; red and also a bright yellow.
    LdM was the person who signed off on all the show car colors after much consultation. He wanted a new red for the 599 and went through 260 plus 'reds' before settling on Rosso Berlinetta. The 599 GTO was Rosso Corsa with a Grigio Silverstone Opaco roof. That was about as bold as they got with the exception being the F12 in Alluminio Opaco.
    The Lusso V12 was white, along with the white Pista Spider where a blue livery was added. Generally the intro colors are very conservative with the Pista getting both Rosso Corsa and Argento Nurburgring.
    The F12 tdF was Rosso Corsa and also the tri-strato yellow.
    For the new 812 they sat on the fence and didn't go far enough with the Rosso 70 Anni paint where the difference was too subtle compared to say a Rosso Maranello...

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Verde Kers Lucido might be a little to far 'out there'...

Though an encore performance of Grigio Coburn with a Pure Metal Silver livery would be amazing for the second car's colors!

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Without seeing the shape its hard to say, but, if this is being presented as a car with an especially strong traditionalist appeal (front engine V12) then I would think one car should be Rosso Corsa. The other car, if it is two cars shown at launch, and if it is also a coupe then its really hard to argue away from Giallo Modena or TriStrato. But if it is the speculated upon open version of this possible car how about a light blue grey color. Maybe something like Azzurro California but what if it were just a touch more pale/ light grey...

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Grigio Alloy II :)

LARRYH and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Whatever the launch color(s), please build enough that I get to spec/buy one! :D

LARRYH, ewright, Napoli and 1 other person like this.
  14. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Fair enough. But what makes you think the process will be more rigid than the one of Pista? I mean common, all the brand wants to do is generate higher revenues meaning sell as much as they can. They’ve proven this horrible strategy (imo) on multiple occasions thus far...

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Do you have a link for this? Other versions of this story have been posted if I remember correctly. I know that the launch color for the F12 was Rosso Berlinetta (don't know the launch color for 599) but I also read that the 260 plus LdM color story was for Rosso Maranello.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    might have been in The Official Ferrari Magazine. They did a story about launch colors. Even the way they photographed cars was another topic using a California as I recall. I will see what I have saved.

Solid State likes this.
  17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    the 2006 launch COLOR was actually Rosso Monza for the 2006 Geneva 599 GTB. My error on that other red quoted. :(

Bundy likes this.
  18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thanks for the clarification. All great colors. I tried to duckduckgo the 260 color LdM thing and don't get a hit. Do you know if it was Rosso Berlinetta or Rosso Maranello?

19. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Because there wont be 3000+ cars to sell like the Pista. On the Pista dealers had a lot of input into who gets a car and also lots of allocations. So you saw offers along the lines of “if you buy a Lusso you can have a Pista” etc.
    It was very different with the TDF: my local dealer got X slots and a list of X names from the factory. All of them were collectors and most were LaF owners. Once these clients had had the opportunity to accept the car there was nothing left.

I think Ferrari would still like to have a special version of a “series model” that is limited by numbers. The gap between the regular models and the Icona/hypercar is significant and currently there is no way for future “top” customers to be shown that their standing with the brand is improving. Anyone can buy a SF90, Pista, 812 GTS...The 812VS serves that purpose in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #2920 day355, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    It would be nice if Manzoni stopped doing too much, I always thought he didn't have a big picture of what a Ferrari should be.
    if Ferro 9000 is ok, we can do a little exchange to make you read between the lines what is the VS

21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #2921 of2worlds, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Neither color; as I recall it was the launch color for the 599 GTB Fiorano - Rosso Monza. There was an auction of his personal 599 in this new paint color. The 260+ colors may have been mentioned in the auction description? This new darker red was in itself a change from the usually prominent intro color Rosso Corsa. The 599 HGTE got a further boost when a new tailor made color Rosso Fuoco was chosen for that intro car.
    LdM was very hands on with the 599 program (remember they were taking the Enzo motor and putting it in a front engine car) there. When the design review was done he was especially critical of the body design around the rear window. However Jason explained the aero importance of those fins beside the rear window. Jason said he knew he would be challenged on that design feature but the aero benefits convinced LdM of the usefulness for those fins to be utilized.
    Bring back LdM, now that the office is empty again!

22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Well, it isn't really. LdM was the President. The current President is John Elkann. It's the CEO's position that is vacant.

23. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Don’t get me wrong! I would love that it’s numbered and hard to get hold of and not a complete fu*k up in terms of exclusivity like the Pista. I also totally see your point but in my opinion we left the F12 TDF Era behind us long time ago and the only stuff which is hard to get will be the Icona Series. I think it will be approx. the same difficulty to get hold of the 812 GTO like the Pista Spider, which already was much easier to get hold of than the 458SA...

Traveller likes this.
  24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    LdM deserves a promotion after what 23 years of service? Playing with trains doesn't make you lose all that Ferrari passion...

25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    As much as I would like to see LDM back at the helm. The reality is that he was ‘retired’ because he fundamentally did not agree with the business plan to pimp out Ferrari on the stock market to pay FIAT’s bills. If he ever came back I’m guessing he would want the business plan that he created that made Ferrari the juggernaut that it became which enabled it to be taken advantage of by the Elkans.