812 Superfast - Last non Turbo, last non Hybrid V12? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

812 Superfast - Last non Turbo, last non Hybrid V12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Oct 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

The next V12 Ferrari is a ...?

1. The 812 Superfast is the last no Turbo, no Hyprid V12 Ferrari

34.6%
  2. Ferrari will present onother V12 no Turbo, no Hybrid V12 Generation

21.4%
  3. Next V12 Generation will be a Turbo Engine non Hybrid

0.5%
  4. Next Generation will be a V12 Hybrid Engine, non Turbo

40.7%
  5. Next Generation will be a V12 Turbo and Hybrid Engine

2.7%
  1. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I don't want to Hijack this thread. I just wanted to respond to my fellow Italian. Sorry we got off track here.

Actually, the reason I took a hiatus from Fchat nearly a decade ago (I originally registered in 2004) was when I posted that I thought AM did a better job with the software managing the shifting in my Vanquish over the rougher shifts (especially the hammer from 1st to 2nd) in my (F1) 360 spider. Some pimple faced Honda driving high schooler suggested that I didn't deserve to own a Ferrari..........

But no I DD it 100 miles a day with no issues (both the Vanquish and 360 suffered from the gas cap CEL).

No more AM talk......

2. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione

3. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
  4. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Sounds amazing

5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Nice driveway and nice car. Well done.

6. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I now received confirmation from one of the largest F dealers that the order take for the 812SF ended some time ago which confirms what my source said

7. KZE

KZE Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Lukas Kunze
    I just want to throw in here that I am pretty sure that the 812 will be the last serial V12 by F in general. There won’t be any V12s even with hybrid or turbo.

I recently placed my order for a GTS and actually it is „production time limited“, meaning that they set a certain time of production and after that no more GTS.
    Mine will come End 2022 and I got one of the last ones.
    My call: The last serial N/A V12 by Ferrari will be a special version 812 (GTO or something similar) and after that there will be only V8 Hybrids (such as the SF90) and V6 Hybrids (look at the Maserati MC20).

8. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    You’ll never know . There is a possibility for a smaller 12V ( 4 lt) turbo and/or hybrid . I think it will be difficult not having a 12V from Ferrari but nobody knows everything can happen . I read they were studying a double injection , not direct and direct in order to find ways to follow anti pollution rules . These rules suck !

KZE likes this.
  9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #109 day355, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Wrong !
    2022 and end of 2023.

10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Purosangue and 812 SF replacement I guess.

day355 likes this.
  11. KZE

KZE Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Lukas Kunze
    I mean my dealer told me that my 812 GTS which will be produced at the end of 2022 is one of the last slots for the GTS

12. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Back to OP question......

Well, Yes. And No. But, not necessarily in that order.

13. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Here’s a few thoughts.

Drove the GTS at an event a few months ago, mine is on the way.

As I was accompanied I couldn’t do much, but I can tell you the car can drive like a lexus or suddenly turn into Godzilla, epic.

Sound was more than decent. It lacked the high pitch of the SF but had a more low end v12 rumble of an earlier era. I’m hesitant to have a CEL delete module on board if I change the exhaust, What happens if something goes wrong and no warning is tripped? Risk vs reward. Hopefully someone can manage to increase sound without sacrificing diagnostic capabilities.

Pretty sure the big block v12 is gone. A hybrid smaller block v12 is a strong guess.
    Don’t forget EU7 regulations which not only reduce emissions but will cap the db level dramatically, think Honda Accord.

Few cars I’ve owned came with the tag “I’m never selling this car”. With this one it checks 99% of the boxes and I look forward to leaving it to my kids with the instruction to take care of it and pass a beautiful piece of automotive history down.

Lukeylikey, RamsHmb and Gianfranco341 like this.
  14. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Have one in the garage and feel the exact same way. Total keeper. Had someone that is pretty connected w f tell me....don’t ever sell that car! First and only time he has given that advice. Take w a grain of salt but it got my attention

15. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Italy, Canada, the Cayman Islands
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    Ferrari will definitely do a V12 again. Just as sure as the good folks at PatekPhilippe will get up tomorrow morning and make a manually wound minute repeater. There will just be fewer of them, they will be labeled Icona and cost more money. Frankly I’m surprised that nobody at Ferrari has taken a page from Porsche’s playbook and made a manual. The Germans have shown us that there is a vibrant market for nostalgia infused manual driving~ and in fact, it brings a premium. If Ferrari want to make more money and perpetuate its history and story, all they have to do is add 200 manuals to the end of every v12 run and watch the frenzy ensue. I would definitely buy more cars from Ferrari if they made a manual too.