812 Spider | Page 70 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Have you read his Post ?? The dealer is refusing to take it as a trade plus he feels he'd rather keep and ENJOY it

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Please review what I wrote today, I already addressed the 812/V12 as the "812 family", ending with the presumed but unannounced 812VS, after that is my specific reference point...

You don't see any reason yet as you are firm in your belief that a new V12 will be forthcoming that is of higher N.A. performance and that is where we disagree.

The only way forward for such an engine (with no assistance) is a new block and based on the current regulatory climate Ferrari is more likely to make a smaller V12 with hybrid assist that will be easier to homologate without emissions penalties than more of the same (bigger/stronger engines, and the current block is essentially at is maximum abilities, even the Monza barely managed to have a little more power than the 812).

This means for the V12 to continue a new block must be created and from their perspective the most sensible direction will be as I indicate which will completely disrupt the lineage of cars up to the 812 family, making the 812 family the end of the line for top-of-series cars from Ferrari that feature the V12, hence my thinking on 812 family future value.

This new engine will also form the basis of the next Icona/Hypercar and therefore will have to "represent" and be well north of 1000PS and the only way to get there is with V12+hybrid (will not be turbo) meanwhile the SF90 family will be top-of-the-series production and V6 family will be introduced, both with turbo and turbo+hybrid. The cast has been set, and because it takes years to develop a new engine, we very well may find the next V12 production to be a "GT" car with less power and a smaller block without assistance, remember, the SF90 is priced well north of the 812 and the only way to have a V12+hybrid is rear-mid-engine and that will be reserved for Icona/Hypercars and not regular production...just my reading of what is happening....

And, what country are you in?

KenU and ScrappyB like this.
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I don't disagree with you. My point was with the 812s and not the family so sorry I missed that part of your post. It has already been discussed here by some trustworthy folks that the new VS will have a smaller and higher revving NA V12. To make more power without forced induction you need to add displacement or spin it up faster - or both which would be my preference.

Ferrari for sure has new engines already on the bench - blocks and all. The F140 has been around since 2002 (over 18 years) with the Ferrari Enzo. With each iteration the knowledgeable public said it could get no stronger. I always find it funny to watch enthusiasts doubt Ferrari's ability to craft an engine. To me its the last true piece of the company.

I of course do not know but I feel that they will do an NA V12 with high RPM and no forced induction for the 812 VS. Kind of a middle ground before the tiny motor version with hybrid just to end out the series and fulfill the promise uttered by its last great chairman. It will have many enhancements and lighter weight, different materials, fancy engine components, etc., but unfortunately the body design will likely hold it back for me. I'm in the US. Best.

4. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I have to agree with you, William. I don't drive a lot of my toys and have approx. 150 miles on my '19 SF. Took her out yesterday for over an hour in gorgeous 80 degree weather here in the NE and the exhaust note above 5K+ revs is simply intoxicating, where that is so prominently lacking in the GTS, which I've personally seen and heard. Even the gradual increase in revs from a standstill is just plain noticeable in comparison. One might argue that with the top down it may not be so significant. But for those of us who have driven the SF for any length of time and lucky enough to hear a GTS in person, will be disappointed - enough to perhaps cancel their GTS order, regardless of an uncertain economic future. It may not matter at all to some and want the open-top experience. It's all very personal, after all. Some may not place sonority as a deciding factor. I believe it's what has always been THE hallmark of Ferrari for many decades. Unfortunately, society and the political powers-that-be have largely sought to alter that DNA in the foreseeable future. After yesterday's drive I just can't imagine ever trading this car for a GTS, at any price quite frankly! The "monetary loss" in value of the current 812 is FAR more valuable to me versus the "emotional loss" I would suffer giving up the total 812SF experience. Hard, if not impossible, to put a price on that.

Again, it's all in the eyes and ears of the beholder - never a right or wrong decision. Just my 2 cents worth...

of2worlds, daflk, italiafan and 6 others like this.
  5. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The way the UK contract it written it says you can't cancel the order unless it is not delivered on time, are you thinking of using the late delivery clause?

6. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Really? I understood the order could be cancelled and deposit returned up until the order is closed (Status 'Red 10') and specification locked as the specification could then be changed to the next order in the dealers book.

If that applies,I assume it is OK as long as there is a waiting list, which in the current climate may no longer be the case for some models.

7. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Wise decision. Having had an F12 and an 812SF ( i recently bought a nice TM which I ‘m truly in love with) I had an opportunity to get a slot for the GTS and I didn’t take it . For me the lines of the coupe and the sound not only make me feel better but i also can’t justify the extra money to buy the gts with gpf. 812SF have taken a hit now surely they can go down a bit more but not much and if they turn out to be the last of a family of cars I can see them being more desirable and wanted sooner than what people think. Yes they may release the VS if they ever do but it will cost a fortune and most people wont justify the gap in pricing from the 812SF which is already an extraordinary car and will stick to it. Those who cant get the VS may have no choice but shop for a non gpf 812... personally having lost quite some money on an f12 the emotional experince with the 812 is so immense I’m happy to lise a bit more and keep it long term ( fortunately i bought mine used very low mileage TM so a quite unite spec and with future more limited financial damage)

of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  8. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    That was @Wheels1

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  9. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #1734 Wheels1, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    What Contract? My dealer works on trust, I did not or never have had a contract. The dealer says they will refund my deposit. I do not want to cancel the order but if I can't sell my SF then I will have to. I have tried many dealers without any luck. My car went to a dealer to seĺl on sale or return 4 days before lock down, I had to rush to get it back. I then have advertised privately, I have 2 people that want it, one with a 458 spec. with a dealer for sale, and the other a V12 2019 Lusso but no dealers wanted the Lusso that I spoke to, so I am trying to sell the SF, but if nothing happens soon I will have to cancel the GTS sadly.

of2worlds and deltona like this.
  10. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Pre
    pretty sure you would have signed some paperwork? Unusual dealer if not

11. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    so your dealer prefers to cancel a new car sale + refund your deposits rather than taking on the SF? Wow!!

btw have you considered collecting cars online auction?

12. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Your dealer is better then mine then, mine wanted a deposit for the orders I placed with them and made me sign a contract saying if I do not take delivery I have to pay any amount of money they lose on the car selling it to someone else. Good luck with selling the SF but, either way I suppose you have an out which, is more then can be said for others that had to sign contracts

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

13. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    I have one slot

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

14. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Congratulations. Specced already, or?

Gr. Martin

15. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I have a slot as well.

TSOYBELIS likes this.
  16. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Me as well now, just saw it appear on my Ferrari profile. Spec goes in next week.

TSOYBELIS, Bundy and gliazzurri like this.
  17. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I have one and it’s locked....we will see what the timing looks like w the factory.

18. Corvus

Corvus Rookie

May 10, 2007
    Me too. I'll have the white one with gold wheels in L.A. But it's a long way off.

uhn2000 likes this.
  19. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    Hi Martin , I have a TM Slot which I guess will be postponed, so no not yet specced

Best
    Philippe

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

20. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Please keep us updated. Take care.

Gr. Martin

21. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    My 812GTS arrive Wednesday at the dealer. Can’t wait to drive it back to back with my 812 superfast!

uhn2000, LMH, KarlA69 and 1 other person like this.
  22. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Post some videos with engine sound for comparison please.

LMH likes this.
  23. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Confirmed and in MyFerrari

Tailor Made in Sept / Oct for 2021 delivery

LMH likes this.
  24. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Confirmed and Taylor made appointment completed. Delivery date still unknown.

ar1040 likes this.
  25. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Confirmed and in MyFerrari. Tailor Made completed. Delivery unknown.