812 Spider | Page 69 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Good point. What do you think the chances are of capristo x pipe and novitec rear boxes from the 812 fitting on??

I spent £10k on those and would be keen to swap them over when mine arrives...

2. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    812 SF startup & revving under similar conditions in a showroom

Please turn up the volume on your device and listen - big difference imho!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Probably the absolute worst audio quality of any of these types of videos I have ever watched and I’ve watched hundreds.

4. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yes, start-up similar but a little higher tone mid-rev and not as "throaty" as the 812SF. There IS a noticeable difference that I've witnessed personally, as I've posted previously. I think (hope) the open top aural experience will/should certainly compensate for the new modified exhaust system.

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    if regulators have made it so a na v12 ferrari doesnt even sound good anymore, its over for the ice. might as well just go all electric right now.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  6. ar1040

ar1040 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew Reade
    WHO HAS A CONFIRMED 812GTS ORDER

7. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Is it limited edition? Not like Superfast?

8. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No it's the same as SF

9. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Me. Is not limited edition BUT at least in Spain you must have 3 Ferraris to be able to get a GTS allocation. At least that was before virus...

10. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I don't think they will relax that requirement given lost productivity but, I suppose it all depends on how many orders are cancelled

SpeedExceed likes this.
  11. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Just a point of clarification Andrew, you are referring to a confirmed spec submitted and accepted by the factory opposed to a deposit accepted by your dealer, correct?

KenU likes this.
  12. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    My spec was added to my Ferrari in January, I was told in January my delivery would be July this year but things have changed in the world since then.
    I am not sure if I will cancel the order, it depends if I can sell my SF, my dealer does not want it as they have enough and I have ended up advertising it myself, either way I will loose big on it, so I may just keep it and enjoy it, and cancel the GTS sadly.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    Imho I think you will be much happier when you will keep your 812 SF instead if swapping to the 812 GTS for the time being.
    Rather wait and see how the 812 GTS effectively sounds and if OK get a decent aftermarket spec at a nice discount. There are currently way too many 812 SF in the aftermarket making it unattractive to sell into the abyss.
    At least this is exactly what I am doing as I have canceled my 812 GTS allocation because of this big GPF impact uncertainty as well as new dB regulation rules kicking in in Europe. I am very very happy with my 812 SF so far.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

wrs and deltona like this.
  14. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hi Grant, i'm in a similar position and i suspect others are too. The irony of it is that if there are many GTS order cancellations they will likely be sold to those who didn't previously meet the ownership criteria. Luckily my 812 is a non GPF car which i think may be a blessing based on what i've read and heard so far about GPF cars which all GTS will be.

Maloja likes this.
  15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Smart to cancel GTS

pcht5 and Maloja like this.
  16. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Why?

17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I was asked if I wanted one already and I said I would like it but not now. I wouldn't put the order in for at least a year if I do. I don't know what the economy is going to be like and so I don't want to commit to a Ferrari I may not be able to afford. I am very happy with my non-gpf 812 that I spec'd. Probably just leave it at that especially given the GPF on the GTS. I know it's the reason the sound is so much lower on that video. The F8 is the same way, very muted. I like the sound on this car and I really like this car even though the top doesn't drop. If I want to drive top down, there is the Portofino for that.

18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Well its Spring and if you were going to sell your SF anyway the prices are never going to go up from here. If you like your SF and its a great spec then owning one is not such a bad thing!

deltona and KenU like this.
  19. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Again similar position, proceed or cancel, really want the GTS, and another irony, given the current lockdown and loss of production, likely there will be cancellations and Ferrari may not pursue backfilling those orders...simply make less cars, potentially making the GTS a reasonably rare beast on the road, they certainly won’t make them if they can’t fill the orders due to a financial crisis looming, perhaps those that stick with it will eventually have the one to have...

Really on the edge here...not sure which move to make.

3rd World problems....

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

PTG1, deltona and LMH like this.
  20. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    Let’s wait about the evolution of pricing in 6-18 months time.

There is a fair chance that the new V12 GPF cars will not meet consumer expecations first and foremost in case when the new V12 GPF sound indeed should disappoint many Ferrari enthusiasts besides the ones that have already sold / advertised their 812 SF for the upcoming 812 GTS allocation.

As a consequence, 2017 - March 2020 812 SF builts could suddenly become the „soup du jour“ again i.e. get the real stuff as long as it is around?

For me, the pure V12 sound has always been THE integral decision part to spend top dollar on a Ferrari. I would certainly never spend that much money for a Dyson and I think I am not alone with this.....

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

deltona likes this.
  21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Sorry but not a chance. Once a production car universally drops in price it hits the event horizon of perceived value. Buyers are cheap and always want a better deal. We know this going into it. Just read the posts about asking if a $400K+ MSRP car with low miles is worth 30% off. COVID pricing? Are we at the bottom? Pretty sad actually. Convinced the vast majority can't really afford these cars - at least not a new one.

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I think the thinking here will be more reasoned if the the term is extended to 2030 and beyond.

At that point, based on current understandings, the 812 family will be the final version to provide the ultimate V12 experience.

I suspect the follow on V12, if ever used again in regular production, will be included in a lower powered, gentleman GT type car, 3.x liter motor, hybrid.

Now, as for a production car that "universally drops"...well, on a longer view that is not always true. For instance, Lamborghini Diablos dropped and dropped so much so that in 2011 you could pick up a fantastic example for under 100K, now it is at least double that and more.

The point being, if the 812 family is the final V12 production Ferrari, in the longer term, prices will return to MSRP and beyond.

And, in the USA 812SF production was half (from introduction to mid-2019) and then after the SF90 reveal, 812SF USA production is a trickle, I suspect 812SF production for USA will be half or less than half that of the F12 (which was about 2200 units over its USA production)

Remember, the above is in the situation where Ferrari V12s are no longer used in regular "supercar" production.

This type of situation has not ever occurred before, but is apparently on the horizon...

of2worlds and Maloja like this.
  23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The 812s did not get a glowing introduction review like the prior model. It's far from the last NA V12. IMO it will not hit MSRP again or at least not in my lifetime or the period that a typical owner keeps this kind of car. That is not a bad thing if you bought the car for the right reasons to begin with. Its not collectible but it is a damn fine Ferrari and that's good enough.

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Let's revisit this in 2 years, remember, the SF90 was proclaimed as the first top-of-the-range in hybrid...that means 2 things to me:

a) top-of-the-range cars will now be hybrids

b) top-of-the-range cars will now be V8s

this, I think, is critical to understand why the V12 will be no longer used in top-of-the-range production Ferraris

Any V12 to follow in a production vehicle will no longer be top-of-the-range and may be relegated to "Roma" style GT cruiser (like the Ferrari 250 GT) and/or the FUV

25. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    812s is already far from last NA V12. Add the GTS, Monza SP1, Monza Sp2, and then the awaited 812VS. I'm a huge fan of the NA V12 but I see no reason why the 812s will sell higher compared to its MSRP than any other recent non-LE mid-front Ferrari GT.