812 Spider | Page 66 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Dear Ekki F,

Grant mentioned the color TDF.I just agreed that it looks good. We can't be sure about any color.Light conditions, cameras that have taken the photos, monitors or mobile displays where we see them etc, might give us a wrong impression.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Ekki F

Ekki F Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    Ok, thanks for info! I will try to find out from Maranello, which color it is exactly. I am in search for the perfect blue for the GTS..... the pictures from Autogespot are close....

of2worlds and TSOYBELIS like this.
  3. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You read my mind! My coupe is RossoF1-2007 but GTS is going to go Bianco Fuji! I think it would sensational with Chocolate or Blue interior :)

4. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Great minds !! I’m thinking similarly ... my 812 coupe is electricco blue , TDF is Rosso 2007f1 so looking at totally different colour for the gts incase i keep the coupe as well ...but possibly looking at a 3 layer white with dark blue interior- not sure which white so any suggestions /images would be appreciated !!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Can’t go wrong with Bianca Italia and blue sterling interior with white stitching/horse.

6. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Ciao Jag
    go with Bianco Tartan.....epic color!! much more richer and deeper than Italia or Fuji with a fantastic tridimensional pearly effect

blue carbon out and in
    blue Santorini leather or blue medio
    painted shields

just a suggestion :)

any pics can make justice to Tartan....must be seen in real....ask a sample to TM
    I’m not a fan of white but I literally fall in love with it when I saw this Tdf....never happen before when I saw same car in Italia or Fuji

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    Question:

The rear diffuser of the GTS is it possible to spec it as the same color of the body of the car like the 812 coupe or just black or carbon fiber?

thanks

8. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    from the price options list I received last week and personalization program I posted before:
    the option BEXD = black rear diffuser is not available for GTS cause is coming as standard as we saw in the blu car spotted few days ago
    the option CEXD = carbon fibre rear diffuser is available (4.700€ + vat)

but there is no option to specify in the body color.....I hope they will add or you can ask to have opening a specific ticket without going necessary trough TM or Atelier

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    White car looks very elegant with the oversized shields, I LIKE IT

10. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    Thanks a lot for the answer, I thought so since the standard is black...my personal opinion is that with the diffuser in body color will be muuuuch much better like in the standard 812.

11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I haven’t heard many people say they are planning to order the launch colour (Grigio GTS). Any particular reason?

Also, it looks very similar to Grigio Titanio to me, not convinced it’s worth the extra money... thoughts?

12. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    In today's presentation deliveries were announced as beginning H1 2020 which probably means not before the summer break for all bar very few

klinkman likes this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Love this! I would think about maybe doing the lower rocker areas in Blu Pozzi- this won't be so attention grabbing as these areas are often shaded and it will read as almost black, but you will know.... Colored CF on the exterior ends up looking too distracting to my eyes.

I would definitely want to see a sample, in pics it comes across as a bit too hard. I think for GTS you want something a little bit more gentle. I forge the differences between Italia and Fuji- is Fuji a bit warmer/ a little bit more "champagne"?

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Yes. To my eyes, Fuji is more warm / gold-toned and Italia more cool / bluish. They’re both beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Exactly how it is, I love both but for the GTS I might go Fuji :)

16. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thank you Ppg!! That’s a really fabulous colour! I’d seen that before however forgotten about it .....That is now on my radar - either for GTS or the VS!!! Beautiful !! Grazie

17. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Does anyone that has already specced their machine have an options price list ? Would help a great deal in deciding what is must have / nice to have / really don’t need or want....personally I think as much CF as possible, when looking for a second hand car the ones with carbon and the right options seem to come and go quickly on the market, others hang around long periods depreciating. Net net, may as well have the sensible options....

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    And both whites are $500 on a Fiat 500, I am a sucker for paint but prices are crazy. My new $20,000 Pista Spider colour is basically Porsche GT Silver a cheap Porsche option !

Garretto likes this.
  19. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
  20. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Hi Mark
    PM me your email and I will send the UK one over.
    Grant

mthompson2376 likes this.
  21. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hello, I was hoping someone could offer advice. I'm going in tomorrow to spec my GTS and can't decide about exterior colour. I know I want a metallic grey or silver, because I think it looks classy and hides the bulk of the car well. I think the launch colour is too similar to colours available as standard so I am not prepared to pay extra for it. Grigio Silverstone is too dark for me. So I am torn between Grigio Titanio and Argento Nurburgring. I would plan to add a satin finish paint protection film to the whole car. Importantly, the satin PPF is not a matte finish (called opaco by Ferrari), but rather gives the car a sort of sheen. Please see attached example (which I think looks great).

My question is this: does anyone have experience with these two colours (GT and AN) such that they could recommend one over the other, based on the satin PPF I am planning? Anything specific about these colours I should consider? NB. I plan a bordeaux interior with full carbon inside and out, incase relevant!

Appreciate any tips

Karl

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If that’s the finish you want, why not just get Alumnio Opaco?

But Titanio would be pretty nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    #1649 KarlA69, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Thanks. Two reasons why not Alumino Opaco: the cost (£20k+? I'm sorry but I'm not paying that for paint) plus the maintenance of matte/opaco finishes. Any OEM matte paint needs to be washed carefully to avoid flat spots and any repairs likely require an expensive respray of the whole panel. Conversely, having a 'normal' paint (incl. GT and AN) covered with a PPF avoids this issue... it can be washed normally.

Matt L likes this.
  24. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have AO paint on my TDF, with a matte PPF over the top of it. No problems at all looking after it. It’s a stunning paint that receives so many compliments.

Cost was not an issue, nor should it be at this end of the range