812 Spider | Page 63 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Ask the man in the street what colour are Ferraris, he will say red....Get the feeling and possibly agree with the sentiment that most are looking for a metallic colour, oddly it seems it may be the brave who choose basic Rosso Corsa (red to man in the street), or maybe the wise, as it could be rare (ish), and in any usual market, a red Ferrari is usually worth more than any other colour on resale....people buying their first Ferrari, usually want a red one, so the demand is always higher on these red cars....but in the case of this car I neither know anyone or have heard anyone say I want Rosso Corsa, personally I want to go Rosso Fouco....but now thinking save a chunk of cash go Rosso Corsa and load up on Carbon and options....a really high spec Red car usually is a quick re-sale car....is Rosso Corsa really a non starter on this car ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    If I remember correctly it’s under special color.

There’s also no bronze wheels and stripe options. Maybe reserved for TM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Rosso 70th Anni - spend the extra :)

Actualizer, KenU and tickerhound like this.
  4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I'm having Rosso Corsa but Metallic , this was 10k extra on my superfast.its darker than Rosso Corsa.
    Here is the difference, click on the pic for larger version.

stavura, of2worlds and tickerhound like this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

I wouldn’t’t say it is a non-starter.
    I just think a car like this is better with less bold colors, but that is just me.
    You’re probably right about resale red.

6. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Re-sale wise red, black and grey are the colours to stick with.

7. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I'd encourage you to see an 812 in Rosso Corsa in person before ordering this for the GTS (maybe you have already?), since the cars are obviously similar shapes and sizes. I saw the GTS in Maranello in Rosso Corsa and wasn't a fan - because it's solid, fairly matte colour it makes the car look very large and also doesn't show off the curves well. To my mind it's much more impressive in the launch colour (or similar grey/silver also). Obviously a highly subjective choice and I wouldn't say it's a non-starter but that's my $0.02!

Also, consider Rosso Portofino - I have it on my car. Looks great and costs less than Rosso Fucoco. Not sure if you can order for the 812 GTS but worth asking?!

8. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    My 812 is Rossa Corsa and I’m a fan obviously since I specced it . On the GTS I think I’m going to go a blue of some sort to go a different route. Debating which blue . Wonder how long production would be delayed by an extra cost blue like electrico?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    If you want something in the red spectrum I think Rosso Fiorano likely will be stunning....I am toying with that idea myself.

10. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I currently have mine set as blue corsa with all carbon inside. I still have time to debate and I’m going to do a TM meeting in a few weeks to add some other details like a strip. Wish me luck as this is my first TM.
    Any and all advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds and JagShergill like this.
  11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    What have people been quoted for delivery dates??

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    ONLY ROSSA CORSA!

REALZEUS likes this.
  13. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I had the exact same feeling when I saw the two cars in the flesh in Maranello
    Rossi corsa does not seem to be the best option for the GTS... very subjective of course !

JagShergill likes this.
  14. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You will love the TM experience. I suggest you do it at the factory for your first time. That's what I did and it was a fantastic experience!

of2worlds, Ltfor3 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Dare I say color is geo-dependent and age-dependent. For example, a Rosso or Giallo variant may work well in (sunny) Miami or LA, whereas Grigio or Blu variant work better across a wider range of (less sunny) locations. And a more jubilant young guy more apt to go Rosso than more mature "less young" guy going Grigio.

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  16. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I don’t wish to disrespect owners who like Rosso {Anything}, but I didn’t buy a Ferrari just to conform to a stereotype that suits the man in the street

Philipnz, F2003-GA, Garretto and 3 others like this.
  17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  18. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    All of my three Fcars have been rosso corsa. Driving a red Fcar is more fun IMVHO. Color is color and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

But l must say on the GTS light silver shows off the lines much better. That would be my choice on this car. I would still get tan or cuio seats with red stitching and piping. Black dash. Maybe red brake calipers with perhaps cf shields. Ciao bella!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yes I agree! I got a non red FF though, some reasons didn’t like red for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Each to their own of course but historically red was not popular in early V12s, I always feel it’s a mid engined colour choice.

deltona and Philipnz like this.
  21. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Side profile is very nice IMO. That big flank though looks like it either needs the larger painted shields or no shields depending on the color of the car. Again IMO...T

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Caeruleus11, maxemus and tomc like this.
  23. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  24. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    The car w/o shields is confirmed to be Silverstone. Have not been able to confirm color of car with painted shields. All Grigios unfortunately are so light-dependent on how they show, so almost impossible to identify which shade just from photo.

BaronM69, tomc and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks for the picture! What shade of grigio is the 812 GTS? Grigio GTS?