812 parking sensor failure | FerrariChat

812 parking sensor failure

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by JasonN, Mar 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have a new 812 that developed a parking sensor failure warning. A restart of the car usually resets it but it comes back. With the key on, I walked around the front of the car and it worked as it should. I was by myself and didn’t want to get out of the car while checking the rear sensor while in reverse. So I put a piece of cardboard behind and backed up towards it and it all worked.

I then left it N with the key on that disables the rear sensors from pinging. However if I put my finger on the inner 2 sensors, the fault comes up on the dash.

My dealer is far and it won’t be going until it’s first annual service is due.

Has anyone had this issue and if so, did the dealer have to fix it or are there other tricks?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I had this issue looked at during it's last service visit. They calibrated the sensors and it went away for a while and now it's back. Just checking again to see if anyone has had issues with their parking sensors failing.

3. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Same issue. Dealer “fixed” it. It is back with a vengeance. Like last time, I will wait until I need to take the car in for something else as service tends to keep my car for 5-7 days (including weekends!) for the most minor of issues.

4. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Oh boy. I hope this isn't a re-occurring issue.

5. JesseRohr

JesseRohr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2020
    Birmingham AL
    Full Name:
    Jesse Rohr
    What year cars do you guys have?

6. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name: