812 leaking fluid | FerrariChat

812 leaking fluid

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by jc0526, Jan 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jc0526

jc0526 Rookie

May 24, 2019
    I just got time to drive my 812. After I drove it, I found a yellow/orange fluid leak under the car today. Car was sitting in the garage and I didn’t drove agressive at all. Anyone here have any idea where the fluid canes from?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. jaapio

jaapio Karting

Feb 19, 2016
    Bruinisse, the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jaap
    Do you know it is leaking from the rear or the front of the car ? that might point you in the right direction.

Maybe have a look underneath to see if you can see where it drips from.

My car was leaking from the gearbox in stationary mode only, causing small yellowish puddles.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Jaap, your 812 was leaking? You have it repaired? What was the exact problem?

of2worlds likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It 's basic car knowledge to know how to identify a car's liquids. If it 's yellow-black and oily, well it's oil of some sort (engine, transmission, differential). If it 's red/blue/green and evaporates, it 's coolant. If it smells like petrol/diesel, and evaporates even quicker, it 's fuel.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. mgmoore

mgmoore Rookie

Jul 16, 2010
    SoCal
    To my eye that certainly looks like oil. It would be goodness to get the car up on a rack and have a visual inspection completed. By doing this the source of the leak should be easily identified. In advance of an inspection and with the car parked it would be helpful to note the approximate location of the drippings. Is it at the very front of the car or under the engine or under the center or center rear or on one side of the rear. Noting the location of the dripping relative to the car will assist in the visual inspection. If the 812 is new then this will be addressed under warranty.

6. jaapio

jaapio Karting

Feb 19, 2016
    Bruinisse, the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jaap
    No this was an F12, so the layout of the drivertrain and therefore fluid are roughly the same,

The leak was coming from the back of the gearbox, it was coming from the black plug at the rear (price EUR 28 ).