812 infotainment system help | FerrariChat

812 infotainment system help

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 812 GTS, Jan 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 812 GTS

812 GTS Rookie

Nov 1, 2019
    Hello,

Thank you all in advance for your knowledge on this subject. I have an 812 superfast that just got delivered yesterday. It does not have apple car play. Is there a way to get my spotify to play through the infotainment system. The manual is not every helpful on this matter.

2. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Yes, just link your phone via Bluetooth and player via Spotify app on your phone

enjoy the beast...! I had mine out today, blasting through a tunnel... love this car!!

3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Good thing Karl was able to address that question. I’m clueless, as the only music I listen to in the 812 is the wail of the V12 symphony.

430jm, Napoli and klinkman like this.
  4. Hex

Hex Karting

May 1, 2009
    Yes, and it sure is glorious isn’t it?

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    V12 is great to hear,,
    but pare it with the Top Gun track and you really be feeling on the edge...

Quick1 and Jordan68 like this.
  6. 812 GTS

812 GTS Rookie

Nov 1, 2019
    hahaha, love this comment. Thanks guys much appreciated

7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I notice a number of times when Bluetooth connected to my music playlist that the song info doesn’t appear and I can’t scroll through songs...anyone else?
    I advance song by using the phone.

8. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Should be able to see the song on the right screen (think you have to pull up audio setting first). Once on the song you should be able to toggle to the right to move to next song.

9. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I paid for the carplay and the upgraded stereo and I regret nothing. The system is good enough to cut through the noise even when I'm driving hard and I can still hear the engine too. I'm a big fan of blasting music while driving fast.

SecretSquirrari, R J and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I guess the blasting music helps you ignore the sirens of the police cars in pursuit!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I have a similar question on the Lusso. When playing off of Bluetooth how do you pause the song using controls in the car? Infotainment screen doesn't seem to have a pause button.

Also, if we're mainly used to using bluetooth for media control, is there amy way to have it default to that without having to hit "source" on the screen? It appears to default to HD player instead.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

12. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    In my 812, playing music via Bluetooth from my iPhone, I can pause play back with a quick press on the volume button (press again to resume) or on the volume wheel mounted on the back of the left hand steering wheel spoke.

Moopz likes this.
  13. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks, I'll try that. Is there any way to have it default to the Bluetooth connection on entry?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

14. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    I haven't had my car that long, but it seems to be working right for me (>90% of the time). Do you buckle up before hitting the start/stop button? I always do. And I think usually my phone is unlocked. I don't know if either of those helps the car get connected before the media player fires up, but it seems to me that if the media player is looking for the phone and it's not connected, it would fall back to the other option.

Moopz likes this.
  15. fd8

fd8 Rookie

Oct 17, 2013
    Bay Area, California
    Using this thread to ask a related questions:
    my contacts finally synched up but not my favorites
    do you know how to force that?
    Thanks!

16. Elijahu Shapira

Jul 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Elijahu Shapira
    Got the call today that they are starting to build my 812 GTS. Rosso Fuoco and Apple car play. Really the only two options (out of dozens I added) that I really care about.

I currently have an 812 superfast and it doesn’t have Apple car play, it’s fine, but my GTS will be purrrrrfect.

SeattleStew and Jordan68 like this.
  17. TerpFan

TerpFan Rookie

Apr 1, 2021
    princeton
    Full Name:
    mike jerome shaw

you will love the color , see mine Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. TerpFan

TerpFan Rookie

Apr 1, 2021
    princeton
    Full Name:
    mike jerome shaw
  19. Elijahu Shapira

Jul 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Elijahu Shapira
    Looks amazing... I cant wait

20. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    CarPlay makes the infotainment a lot better. Plus it will always be ‘up to dates’ whereas the ferrari system has been outdated since 2012. Sure it’s not a touch screen, but the scrolling isn’t too bad.

21. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Had Apple CarPlay in my SF- used it twice in 2 years. Didn’t bother getting it for the GTS. It is a neutered version without the touchscreen and need to plug the phone in to use it. Who has time for that when I start up the car as my startup procedure already includes( in addition to the standard car start and gear selection, seatbelt etc) shutting off the start/stop function, press the bumpy road mode, ensure the front lift is on so as not to scrape at the bottom of the driveway, and put the hardtop down followed by then having to lower the side and rear windows all over again.
    I’m pooped.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Dubaicity likes this.
  22. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    If you wait for fast idle to drop, you should have plenty of time to do all of the above. Would be nice if there was a way to set defaults though, and perma turn off start stop.