812 Homelink | FerrariChat

812 Homelink

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jul 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Anyone have success pairing your garage(s) to the Homelink in the 812? I must just be a complete knucklehead. I could never make it work with my F12 either, but was optimistic on the 812. Complicating the process is that I can find no mention of Homelink in the owners manual (unless I just missed it). So I push button 1 and 3 to try and get the system to blink, and it never does... I’m hoping it’s merely operator error.

Curiously enough, I had my Huracan Performante paired in about 10 seconds. I actually shocked myself by how fast I was able to get it working.

2. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Needed to get a repeater to make it work with all my F cars. It comes with a different remote which teaches the car a signal. Easy to install too, just need an outlet. You then need to put your garage motor in learning mode, and push the button from step 1 in the car within 30 secs...

RamsHmb likes this.
  3. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    LOL....on my third F car and have never successfully set up home link....info on the repeater is useful, I'll try it for sure!

4. jamiew

jamiew Rookie

Dec 30, 2009
    There’s nothing particularly unique about Ferrari’s implementation of Homelink. They buy the integrated rear view mirror with Homelink from a third party manufacturer (maybe Gentex who owns the underlying IP for Homelink after buying it from Johnson Controls). It works exactly the same as in other auto manufacturers’ products.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I have a lift master opener with remote codes. I have found the following to work on my F12, 812 and Portofino

1. Clear all old codes by holing button 1 and 3 on the mirror and hold until light flashes then release.

2. Push home link button and your hand held garage door remote at the same time (push homelink button that would be the same as your remote) until the home link button flashes slowly then rapidly. Then release both buttons at the same time.

3. Push the home link button (same one as step 2) and hold it until it flashes rapidly and then turns solid.

4. Go to your garage door opener that is mounted in the ceiling and find the learn button (usually on top right of lift master openers) and press the learn button just once.

5. Go back to your car, push the home link button from step 2 above and press for 2 seconds then release and repeat this and your garage door should open/close.

Let me know if this worked.

Good luck.

Patricia2020 and Thecadster like this.
  6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Wow! Thanks for taking the time to put the together. I am sure many others will be grateful too. I can’t wait to give that process a shot. I am concerned though that when I previously tried Step 1, I wasn’t able to get the light to blink. I wonder now if the car has to be on. I just hit the start button to get the dash lit up, but I didn’t turn the car over.

7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    WTH? I easily programmed my California, 458, GT3 and AMG GTS' Homelink but no luck with the Huracan after multiple attempts and yes I did read the manual.

Can you PM your 10 second protocol please? Did you have to run outside and point the garage opener at the front bumper as the manual recommends?

8. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    You do have to have the car running. It does take a minute or two for the light to flash.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Thecadster likes this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    So...I followed the manual and being 20 months ago, I haven’t the foggiest memory of the specifics. I do vividly recall how surprised I was that it worked. I also remember thinking how could Lamborghini make it so effortless, and at the same time, how could Ferrari make it so finicky. I truly wish I could be more helpful.

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    No worries brother. I have a small remote clipped to the sun visor that works fine. I asked my service technician at the Lambo dealership for help during my annual and even he couldnt get Homelink to work.

11. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I just programmed my 812 home link. I only needed to do hand remote & rear view mirror buttons. I did not need to do second step.

I think the same thig on my new Mercedes.

12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Hey Cadster was able to program the Huracan but had to push button #1 on the rear view mirror after clearing the codes, then point the garage door remote at the passenger side headlight, then push the learn button on the ceiling mounted garage door opener, go back to pushing button #1 on the rear view mirror, then pointing the garage door remote at the passanger side headlight for a 2nd time.

The blinkers flashed and Homelink was programmed.

Glad it wasn't this tedious for you LOL.

Thecadster likes this.
  13. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Here is how I successfully programmed my 812 to my Liftmaster 8500 openers and the MyQ remote. I could NOT get the homelink in the car to accept the codes from the wireless push button remotes. So here is what I did and it works. To be honest, I'm not sure ho wit works but it does:

1. First I bought the compatibility repeater from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Liftmaster-855lm-Chamberlain-Homelink-Compatibility/dp/B00IPQY3GS/ref=sr_1_2?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjrvpBRC0ARIsAFrFuV-bkIdpOOQCsRl8OyrAH5WgWkHQ_Hpqjptl_2efWOBEd8Ak6moOi_gaAquHEALw_wcB&hvadid=177792677209&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9011494&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13655739234813020843&hvtargid=kwd-142971825919&hydadcr=8026_9883637&keywords=homelink%20compatibility%20bridge&qid=1563375525&s=gateway&sr=8-2&tag=vglnk-c31-20

2. Turn ignition on in the car and press and hold the first and third buttons until the light rapidly flashes. This clears the codes and sets up programming. It can take longer than you think it should.

3. Plug the repeater into a wall outlet in the garage. The repeater comes with a single button remote.

4. Hold in the homelink button you want to program at the same time you are hold the single button remote near the homelink. When the homelink accepts the code, it will blink rapidly. I pushed and released the one button remote several times while holding in the homelink button.

5. Next go to your opener and press the learn button. In the case of the MyQ opener, you have to press it twice and a red light will light up. It is now in learn mode.

6. Go back to the car and press the homelink button you just programmed for a second or two and release, press again, release, etc until the garage door opens.

7. Now repeat these steps for the other two buttons using the same one button remote that came with the repeater listed in step one.

So this worked on my 812 and will try it on my 458 shortly. I'm not sure of the logic of using the same one button remote for all three homelink buttons, but it works.

Again, the remotes that came with the Liftmaster openers would not transfer to the homelink. Only the remote that came with the repeater.

Hope this helps.

Thecadster likes this.
  14. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    This is how I made my 812 homelink work with a Chamberlain PR433-4 universal receiver:

1. Park the car next to the receiver with ingnition on

2. Press and hold all 3(!) buttons at the same time.
    - homelink light in the mirror blinks fast/slowly/fast and goes out
    - release all buttons

3. Open the receiver box and press "learn A" button.
    - Within the next 30 seconds press but not hold the desired homelink button.
    - when the homelink light in the mirror goes out press but not hold the same button again

4. For the next homelink button press "learn B" button in the receiver or "learn A" in a different receiver and press the next homelink button twice within 30 seconds as described before

Don`t press and hold all 3 buttons at the same time again.

Thecadster likes this.
  15. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan Karting

Jul 3, 2020
    Lincoln, California
    Full Name:
    Tim Ryan
    Hi Thecadster,
    Go to the Homelink website find the auto manufacture and try both ways.
    I had to do both ways rolling codes and remote program.
    On my 2017 488 Spider I used the remote pointing near my mirror while holding the mirror button.
    On my 2020 812 I pushed the program button on the garage door button and held the mirror button until it flashed. Boom done!.
    Much easier than I expected.
    Feel free to contact me and I'll walk you thru it!

Best of luck,
    Tim

Thecadster likes this.
  16. Bigdolan

Bigdolan Rookie

Jan 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mike dolan
    Worked perfectly in my 2018 800sf

thanks

17. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I already had the repeater from before because I have an older car. I tried both using the original remote (2016 build) and the repeater with my 2018 Lusso. I couldn't get the original remote to work but the repeater worked the first time. I had to hold down the Lusso's button while I pushed the remote's button a few times over a 10-second period before the Lusso's flashing light indicated it took the programming.

18. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I got the instructions for my 2019 GTC4 Lusso off of the homelink website. First I tried option one, which is holding the homelink button down at the same time as the garage door remote control, which did not work. Then I tried option two, pushing the program button on the wall keypad, followed by repeated two-second pushes of the home link button, which also did not work. Then I went to option three, which was pushing the purple learn button on the garage door motor itself, followed by two-second pushes of the homelink button, which worked on the second push. Success!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Moopz and Thecadster like this.
  19. Brett458

Brett458 Rookie

Apr 20, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Brett Hartzell
    I agree on the repeater, after spending countless hours trying to get it to pair on my 812. Still had to call customer service to have them walk me through a couple extra steps. Here’s the SECRET phone number for customer service 1 (800) 355-3515
    You will have to go through the menu and try the steps, but if unsuccessful (like I was), you can get to a customer service person who will walk you through it. Good luck!

Thecadster likes this.
  20. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I just want to thank JasonN, once again, for offering the solution to this problem. I had my garage programmed in a matter of minutes using his suggestions.

21. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You’re welcome!

22. hnoor

hnoor Rookie

Jul 19, 2020

Your garage door opener looks just like mine. Option 3 by itself didn't work, but the combination of your option 1 and option 3 worked for me. So to recap, here's what I did.

1) Hold down the outer two Ferrari HomeLink buttons on the rearview mirror for 30 seconds to clear all codes.

2) Now hold down the button you want to program on the Ferrari HomeLink while holding down the button on your remote garage door opener (handheld remote not the one on the wall in your garage)

3) Then I pressed the Learn button on my garage door opener

4) Went back into the car and kept repeatedly pressing (2 second intervals) the same button on the Ferrari HomeLink until my garage door light flashed a couple of times (indicating it picked up a new receiver)

Hope that helps someone

RossoF8 and Oz-ATL like this.
  23. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    You have 30 seconds to complete steps 3-4 above.

hnoor likes this.
  24. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I had no problems with either my F12 or 812. But I just bought a second Gen Vanquish and was able to program my garage door opener. Straight forward as per the owners manual/YouTube videos.

But for the life of me I was unable to program my gate opener (a Liftmaster). I noticed the car would not “learn” the remote. Called up & Homelink did a test (how many seconds it took to “clear” the settings). This tells which generation Homelink one has and told me what generation I have (mirror vs visor are different) and that I needed a different receiver for the gate motor, not a repeater.

But for me I knew pretty much immediately that I’d have issues as the mirror Homelink in the Vanquish wouldn’t take the code as quickly as usual. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat