812 GTS driver feedback please. | Page 9 | FerrariChat

812 GTS driver feedback please.

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by khal360, Jul 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Someone observed that the old Verde Zeltweg was originally a solid color but is now a metallic?
    One of the nicer shades in the green family of colors!

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I have, sorta... Zeltweg is not in the configurator and neither is the gold wheels. So pics are basically of a Verde British car with silver wheels. All the little interior details are missing too lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Indeed it is metallic. Has been for quite some time. Have seen a 550 with metallic Zeltweg.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Haha, true:D
    No worries:)

sampelligrino likes this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Let me try and give a run-down of it all.

Exterior:
    Verde Zeltweg w. gold pinstriping
    Black calipers
    Gold forged wheels
    Ti wheel bolts
    Ti exhaust tips
    Satin black painted outer trim and diffuser
    Shields
    Black center caps with raised chrome cavalinos

Interior
    The following will be Ciocolatto leather.
    Upper dash
    A-pillars and roof rails
    Carpet
    Wall behind seats
    Seatbacks

The following will be Cuoio leather
    Seats
    Lower dash
    Upper tunnel
    Roof liner

The following will be Cuoio alcantara.
    Seat centers
    Door jnserts
    Armrests

Stripe on dash and seat centre stripe in Ciocolatto alcantara
    Tone on tone extra wide stitching
    Tone on tone cavalinos in headrests
    Black steeringwheel with CF drivers zone
    Satin black bridge w. gold pinstriping
    Gold stripe on steering wheel
    Dark alu upper trim in areas with cuoio
    Black rev counter

Electronics:
    Hifi
    AFS
    Apple rip-off

That's about it.

The reason why I went with satin black for the bridge instead of CF, is because it ties in with an adjacent trim piece which is satin black, and which cannot be changed. So rather than trying to match it half way, I chose to match it with what was there. I chose CF for the zone as it works well with the black steering wheel. I can't stand coloured steering wheels.
    So basically satin black trim in areas with dark brown, CF with black, and dark grey in the lighter cuoio areas. Then use the thin gold stripes along the sides ofcthe bridge and lower part of the steering wheel to tie in with the exterior.

I decided on electric seats, so wanted alcantara centres for added grip. Chose dark brown seatbacks against the dark brown wall as it makes the seats look much lighter and slimmer compared to cuoio seatbacks.

All in all it should work well and albeit not a TM build, still be pretty special.

bearmdjd, Thecadster, RamsHmb and 3 others like this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    By the way, something interesting I saw at the dealer. Looking at a GTS vs. SF, it was stanced somewhat lower. Going by fingers width between arch and tyre, I'd say the GTS seems to sit about 15 mm or so lower than the SF.

RamsHmb, of2worlds and KenU like this.
  7. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    My initial reaction: "GOT DAMN!! WHAT A SPEC :D"
    My secondary reaction: "**** that looks so good"
    My tertiary reaction: "Where's my phone, I need to call my dealer"

Me after writing this post: "I should probably wipe the drool off the keyboard"

IloveGT, ForeverCar and of2worlds like this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Thank you so much for the kind words:)

SeattleStew likes this.
  9. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    My Lusso is Verde Zeltweg, my 575 was Verde Zeltweg, and I first saw it on a 550, in all cases metallic.

of2worlds and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  10. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hi all

A few of you asked, so here are my impressions of the GTS with Novitec rear boxes and an X pipe fitted (note these were moved over from my 812 SF and had plenty of miles on them, around 4,000). I have not touched the stock cats or GPF. The car has 1700 miles on it.

- The sound is certainly different to stock. There is less of a rumble and it's more high pitched, closer to the 812 SF, which is good. What's less good - I swear it's quieter than stock. Maybe it's just because the pitch is higher and the rumble of the stock exhaust sounds louder? It all depends what your definition of loud is I guess, but to me it could do with more volume. Lowering the roof obviously helps but it could do with MORE! Haha
    - The remote controller works fine
    - No check engine light or other issues

Thanks

Karl

Avia11, Gh21631, LMH and 3 others like this.
  11. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks!

12. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Thank you for letting us know. Interesting to hear it sound quieter than stock. The x pipe must be causing that difference.

Good to hear the capristo remote does not cause issues. I wonder why some have said pinning the valves open will cause check engine lights but the remote valve opener apparently will not? My dealer isnt sure either and I may end up being a guinea pig for pinning the valves. If that doesnt work Il go with the remote.

13. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Thanks for the quick report Karl. Good work on the research as always on this topic!!

Avia11 likes this.
  14. MVP_rf

MVP_rf Rookie

Jun 22, 2019
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I had the opportunity to see and hear Karl’s car with the Novitec rear boxes and x-pipe and would say it sounds bloody fantastic! When I got back into my F12 (stock with valves always open) I would say the GTS is a little less ‘raspy’ - but in terms of volume I’d say it’s louder than the F12. Also, with the roof down or rear window dropped you get more pure V12 howl in the GTS. I can’t wait for mine!

15. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Back on this topic, which I think will be of interest for anyone thinking about tweaks to their GTS exhaust:

I got them to change the X pipe back to the stock mid section (H pipe). The reason being that I was convinced the X pipe had 'thinned' out the sound and made the car too quiet overall. I was right! As soon as I started it with the X pipe removed, the exhaust note is instantly more full and bassy. The volume is higher at all revs, too. Overall, much better! Also, downshifts now result in a proper 'oomph' / bang whereas this was lost once X pipe fitted...

You might also ask - is it worth buying the Novitec rear boxes on their own (i.e. with stock cats and stock mid section)? This is the set up of my GTS now. I would say... save your money. It might sound slightly better than stock (and having the remote is useful) but definitely not worth the £5k or so for the back boxes

Hope that helps

Karl

Gh21631, RamsHmb, KenU and 3 others like this.
  16. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Very helpful. Il just get the controller based on your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. MVP_rf

MVP_rf Rookie

Jun 22, 2019
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I think I’ll just have the valves permanently opened on mine like the F12. I never find that too loud. I have a controller but I never fitted it because I thought “why would I now want it quieter”! Luckily the car is parked underground away from neighbours because otherwise it would wake up half the street!

18. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Haha true. Agree, if the cold start is no problem, then no need for a controller

I don’t think you really need the ability to close the valves once going... if noise is a concern, just drive at slightly lower revs / higher gear... I find that in auto for example the car is so quick to move into 7th gear that it’s very quiet. Obviously I never drive like that :)

19. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    That would be my first choice I think but there is some question about check engine lights on the GTS with the valves pinned open. Apparently some have heard there are new sensors due to GPF but no one seems to be sure since its relatively new.

However if the controller works I dont see why pinning the valves open wouldn't work. Since my service guys aren't sure until they get the car Il have to wait and see.

Avia11 likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

Does this look like verde zeltweg? Gold wheels are present to though ignore the yellow livery...:)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I drove the GTS today with the top down and IMO it sounded incredible as is. I doubt I would change anything other than a valve controller. Also, I thought the build quality and drive were both very good. It felt very solid and no vibrations in race mode. This car could definitely serve as a semi daily. I am taking my golf bag to the dealer tomorrow to see if it fits. I'm thinking I can possibly get 1 but unlikely to get 2 in there. This is a requirement for me.

LMH, of2worlds, junc and 2 others like this.
  22. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    I had no idea that it was possible to order the exterior trim painted in satin black. Same for the center bridge. I LOVE satin black and hate what a rip off carbon fiber is. Mind blown .

23. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Glad to hear that you find the sound incredible!

24. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    that is what I noticed too.