812 GTS Allocation | Page 4 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I think deposits are technically non-refundable which is why they can go on balance sheet.
    Agree they shouldn't if dealer can't supply the goods !!
    Reputable dealers will,I think refund in practice though.

2. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That is correct. US dealers have not received their initial batch of allocations yet. So even though I just finished my TM appointment at the factory two weeks ago, and the TM people have already forwarded my build to my dealer, my dealer can't submit it officially into the CRM because allocations hasn't been released yet.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Deposits at my dealer definitely not legally binding pre specifying but they pretend they are. In addition some are taken before cars are announced.

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    In US deposit refundable until order placed in MODIS.

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Factory allocations only start once production is ready, seems the earliest USA allocations will be in July 2020 for production beginning September, if all goes well, otherwise will be even later, certainly not anytime soon.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    This is consistent with what I am hearing. Curious what other dealers are asking for a deposit. $30k here and is fully refundable until in MODIS.

7. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    £35,000 UK, used to be £20,000 for sure an indication of price increases and nervy markets

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  9. RajMan

RajMan Rookie

Oct 10, 2017
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Deposit is only 10k here

10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Trying to wrap my head around an issue. For those with an 812 who have access to an 812GTS the "tear up" is quite substantial. And depending on geo it gets worse due to additional taxes which are not really a Ferrari issue.

Wondering what peoples thresholds are in % terms. NOTE: Not wanting to start a whole depreciation thread here please, but just more - what's peoples tolerance for essentially a new roof (oh and a GPF filter :) )

of2worlds and 09Scuderia like this.
  11. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Zero, I guess, since we’ve elected to stick with our TM 812 coupe and skip the GTS. Of course, there’s the financial hit, but honestly, the GTS design and possible GPF / ADAS intrusions make this particular trade “up” feel more like a trade down.

My only slight regret is that we’ve likely killed any chance of getting the VS, but the “base” 812 is already an amazing car that will rack up tens of thousands of miles.

of2worlds, montpellier, Shack and 5 others like this.
  12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    It’s a good question this, and one I’ve been pondering. I’ve ordered a GTS, non TM, and my 812 TM is about to land. Most likely I’ll end up having some fun in it then moving the GTS along, hopefully without a massive loss (10% in 9 months, when model is still early, is ok). Pista Spider will do open-top duties and the 812 TM, which will probably be ‘inefficient’ to sell, will stay for a while. In the future there are some cars that I might need to make room for - VS, next Icona sounds interesting as does LaF replacement around 2022. Who knows how far I’ll get with all that lot but if I was ever ‘stuck’ in an 812.....not the worst thing, is it?!

13. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Couldn't agree more, Anir. Excellent post!

Bundy likes this.
  14. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    100% agree here and 812 is just brilliant so it makes for a very hard decision

Unfortunately were I reside one gets extra loss due to major taxes. 10% would be fantastic but it would be more like 20-25%. Hence why people are questioning the "upgrade"

Bundy likes this.
  15. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Since this is very likely the last iteration of a non hybrid v12 with a screaming sound, isn’t it reasonable to believe the 812, 812 GTS, the special versions will all be highly sought after in the future and may mitigate any depreciation?
    To me the sound and linear power delivery are very important.

Speaking of sound has amount heard the GTS with the GPF? (Nervous).

16. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    There is a sound clip on the Ferrari 812 GTS web page. If it is accurate, sounds pretty good.

17. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the noise of a 812 coupe.... or maybe an AMG ;-)

18. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    My GTS order is now showing on My Ferrari

ajr550, R J, Scudmsl and 1 other person like this.
  19. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Nice. What did they quote for delivery date?

20. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    UK-based order?

21. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    That is exciting and unexpected, can you see its status? Is it 10R or higher?

22. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Don't get too excited, it just says ordered on the 10th of October under car details and it has a photo of the grey GTS on the front page which says waiting list, but al least it says ordered so I guess I am getting one.
    Spec.ing the car in Italy early Jan.

ajr550, of2worlds and R J like this.
  23. francescaoscar

Jun 11, 2014
    Uk
    i love my 812 but I have put deposit/in queue for gts. Partly because would love the convertible but partly because this is my only chance of getting a later special edition. If I am “stuck” with the gts life doesn’t get much better and if they make a new v12 then I’ll be high up the list for that one too. I’ve just decided that I’ll keep on the repeat buyer train until they stop building them. . Whether this makes financial sense in long run time will tell - but it might and if it doesn’t - life’s too short to worry . I have therefore closed my eyes to % thresholds for 812 SF sale

wrs and Shack like this.
  24. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yes, from what i can gather all the UK customers orders from the first allocation are now in Modis and hence in My.Ferrari.

25. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Totally get it and congrats.