812 GTS Allocation | Page 18 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    That’s a very different car and a very different situation.

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Seems like allocation has loosened up significantly from when the GTS was first announced
    No need to purchase additional vehicles or have an ownership history longer that 3 Ferrari's

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There is a long tradition of discounted four seat Ferraris - not for two seaters

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Bought my first two brand new F355's with a discount but No discount since

of2worlds likes this.
  5. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Italy, Canada, the Cayman Islands
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    I think there was a very narrow window to buy these halo Production series cars during Covid… Then later, as the pandemic wore on, people got bored or realized they too could die from Covid .. or that life was slipping them by in lockdown, and sometime over the summer they decided “oh just **** it” and started spending money like the plane was going down. That sort of thing happened in every Country so now we’re seeing very full order books again. The best way to get a GTS now may well be to wait nine months until the financial repercussions of Covid really take hold and people start flipping those early cars that get delivered.

I agree that the 812 GTS is going to go down as the better, badder, more beautiful 550 Superamerica of its time. Unlike that era, Ferrari is it’s own company now, they are making many more cars than they used to. That’s good in a way because the World has grown (Consider how many Ferraris were delivered to China in the early 90s versus now). Slightly more production in this era actually helps build the legend that follows and allows for a broader spectrum of collectors worldwide without flooding the market with so many cars that it cheapens the brand.

The car to get in all of this is going to be the 812 GTS with special emphasis on the final GTO/TDF version. The final version produced in slightly higher numbers is going to be the unicorn of its time. It would be nice if they made enough of them that we see them on the road regularly, rather than exclusively at Pebble or the Cavalino.

RamsHmb, of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  6. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    My dealer is pretending that GTS demand is massive but I think they're playing games. Am hearing that they're seeing real resistance from their regular high end buyers who have deposits on GTS and SF-90, especially because both price out in same league. Many of these buyers will get GTO invites as well.

Getting a build allocation may take time, but I think you can walk in on most US dealers with minimal history and buy a GTS.

wrs and F2003-GA like this.
  7. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    I bought mine in FL (jan delivery, being built now) .. I wanted one for my summer house in Canada.. That dealer (one of the biggest Canadian dealers) are only working on on 2022 allocation now. 2021 is sold out. I don't think they are holding out on me.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Getting the build allocation is the hold up. Factory disruptions and all. I wonder why the insiders on this board don't post more on this.

The bottom line is if someone wants a GTS, and dealer wants to get them as a customer, they don't need any history to get the car. None.

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I believe this is true unless you wanted an early allocation.

BarryK and F2003-GA like this.
  10. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Are any GTS allocations still available?

11. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    Nope. Not this year.

12. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    They are done for the production run... unless there are cancellations.

13. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    True?

The entire 812 gts production is sold out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I was looking for another allocation. No luck. A very nice forum member offered me their spot if they got a VS aperta allocation. Otherwise no luck...

456-boy likes this.
  15. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    I heard the same, that allocations are all spoken for, but I bet some dealerships still have late spots open.

16. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    I’m pretty sure they are done.

17. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    My dealer also confirmed that FNA notified them earlier this month that all GTS allocations are done.

18. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I know one dealer have an allocation available but require to buy a brand new Rosso Corsa 812SF in the showroom at retail.

19. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Will be interesting to see what the resale market will look like. Did ok getting out of SF but seems to be flooded now. Honestly, my GTS will be my kiddos car one day so not concerned but I am curious

20. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    I know USA dealers are not taking GTS orders but if FNA has said no more allocations then what does that mean for customers with status P (approved by dealer) but no allocation eg my current status. Should I expect a call soon saying sorry no car and here is your deposit back? Is that the right way to interpret this?

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    What do you mean by "no allocation" on your side? my guess is that an allocation is different from a production slot, and as a buyer you never get an allocation as such - you are informed when the production slot is allocated, but the dealer may have before a number of allocations waiting for being transferred (gradually) into production slots. Your case then depends on how the dealer did manage the allocations (whether they "oversubscribed" or not).

maxemus likes this.
  22. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    To be honest I have been buying F cars since 2006 and I still have no idea about how the black box works. I have seen my orders progress the same way each time from placing a deposit - status W (waitlist) to status P (approved by dealer) to status 10G (approved by hq). The mystery to me is when in this process are you assured a car? I have understood from discussions with my dealer in the past that allocations (of production slots) are given out to dealers on a rolling basis who in turn assign them to clients with firm orders but that the total number of cars in a particular series the dealer will eventually receive is uncertain. Thus there is a degree of judgment on how many orders a dealer takes on based and a lot of back and forth with the factory to compete for allocations with other dealers or get extra slots from the factory. When XrayV8 says no more allocations from FNA I presume that to mean if your car isn’t in build then no car even if your status W or P but I would like to know if this is correct? As I said before I know the order book is closed eg no more new orders but what about those with orders in?

23. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I have been told that 10G or approved by HQ means you have a car coming. Once a car is in 10G status it will fill a production slot.

When that production slot opens up depends on a few things: i) your status with the dealer compared to other clients ii) the dealership's relationship with Maranello iii) production slots per month assigned to your dealer.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    Thx for that. I guess the question I should ask is has anyone on this board placed a deposit, gone to status W and P and then told sorry no car eg, never progress to 10G? In other words is it a matter of if you get a car or when you get a car in my case? I ask all of this because the GTS is the only F car I have ordered where I am experiencing a very slow production slot allocation and I am getting concerned based on posts on the board that I am getting setup for a big disappointment.

25. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    It was my understanding that when they said no more allocations, I took that to mean that if one is on the dealer's waiting list and they have not gotten the slot allocated to them by their dealer then they likely will not be getting a car. Remember, dealer will gladly takes deposits to put you on the list and then work their way down the list as slots are allocated to them by FNA. I'm sure in the end they will have more deposits then slots. This happened with the Pista and Pista spiders and in the end, they simply returned their deposits or transferred them to the F8.

Avia11 is absolutely correct that an allocation to a customer depends on all 3 items he listed above. I can't recall if it was in this thread or perhaps the 812 VS thread but Ferrari is extremely interested in how much a client devotes to the brand. Buying new models obviously helps but they also want participation in Ferrari events including Corsa Pilota courses which they value greatly. I know for a fact that certain individuals have been offered cars such as the monza even though they have only purchased one new car but have participated many times in Ferrari driving courses.

In the end, you will have to circle back with your sales advisor or manager to get the real answer.

Caeruleus11 and maxemus like this.