812 GTS Allocation | Page 14 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pedro Marbella

Dec 23, 2019
    Yes, I have my GTS in order :) ! Have a wonderful sunny and healthy day.

2. 2tall4economy

2tall4economy Karting

Oct 26, 2014
    Western Suburbs of Chicago (for now)
    Full Name:
    Brett
    My dealer told me this, and "the v12 must be purchased new or as a dealer demo". Which leads me to believe it's whatever the dealer feels like telling you.

LARRYH and F2003-GA like this.
  3. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    It is what ever the dealer think sounds good. I got the message from my local dealer, Autoropa, that I just had not got enougn new Ferraris (I have only one brand new FF from Autoropa....) so I was not in the race for a GTS thru Autoropa...

4. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    As you probably know from elsewhere on this board...in the US there is no longer any previous ownership requirement at most dealers to get the 812 GTS, but it will be impossible to place an order on spec because of the dwindling number of cars available to each dealer.

maxemus likes this.
  5. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I haven't heard that elsewhere. US deliveries haven't started as far as I know. Where is the information about the dwindling number of cars from?

KenU likes this.
  6. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    I was set for Atelier in NYC prior to shutdown. At the time, my rep told me their dealership was looking at 6 allocations in total (2 each production year). IF that is the case, it definitely will be production numbered much like the Pista Spider.

7. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Regarding Pista, and a bit OT: currently there are 6 (six) Pista for sale herr in Sweden, all of them brand new or extreme low milage (considered as new?). Very odd, and way more than market de and!?

Ak3, F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  8. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I agree. I think there are a few things going on here. first, all dealerships received the total number of allocations they had for both years of production upfront. second, some people went with the sf90 instead of the 812 gts. third, some dealerships were not able to fill their full allocation numbers so these were offered to other dealers who had more interest than number of 812 gts allocations. finally, i just confirmed with 3 US dealers, the orders for the 812 GTS had to be in by June 1. Idk if this is different for other dealerships but I got the same answer x 3. and finally, i think some people canceled their orders in light of the pandemic. in terms of overall production numbers idk what that means practically...

of2worlds likes this.
  9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Just wait another 9-12 months They may change their minds

10. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So we have multiple second party dealer communications a source of rumors. okay, this is pretty normal. My dealer, I believe, has been pretty straight forward, disclosing what he knows, and admitting to what he doesn't.

I'm not sure where from or why SF90 vs GTS allocations are entering the conversation, but these are completely different products and end markets and should probably not be conflated.

And now we also have:

Where did "two years of production" come from?

Is it just me, or is there an endeavor to keep the GTS outlook as opaque as possible?

11. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    did you ask your dealer how long the production run is? mine said 2 - 2.5 years, more likely 2.

did you ask your dealer when your build has to be in by? all 3 dealers said June 1 for both SF90 and GTS (that is why SF90 is entering the picture, some buyers at my dealership opted to go for the SF90 after initially putting down a deposit for a GTS).

i'd be interested in knowing if other dealers have different dates in mind. let us know what your dealer says when you ask.

F2003-GA likes this.
  12. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I cannot understand why anyone would think the SF90 and GTS are remotely competitive. One, a great looking, old school V12 with an open top. The first in 50 years. The other, an overpowered, unemotional, Play Station generation hybrid that sounds like a kitten fart. You choose.

day355, gliazzurri, 456-boy and 2 others like this.
  13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The SF90 vs 812SF/GTS is relevant because the 812SF order queue disappeared after the SF90 reveal, the 812SF backlog (USA) went from 18+ months order placed to delivery to 4 months (demand gone) and the 812GTS will be affected the same by the SF90 Spider, that's not "conflating" that is reality.

And the 812GTS is not the first open top V12 in 50 years, you have the Superamerica, you have the 550B (for instance), and the 812GTS roof mechanism is a bit unsightly, best to order one in a darker color so all the "seams" are not as apparent....and the b-pillar window is of unusual design suggesting the 812GTS was rushed.

TMO98000, ScottS, 456-boy and 6 others like this.
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Also comparably the SF90 is something of a USA bargain. However it's styling distracted from that perception...

15. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Circumstantial evidence in favor of this, I ordered my 812 on Jan 2 and it was on a ship by early March. They probably needed to fill slots on the production line because the config went R10 on Jan 6. I had called the SA back to see about making a minor config change and it was already too late.

of2worlds, Gianfranco341 and F2003-GA like this.
  16. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Yes no deliveries yet. My dealer and lots of others have no build slots. For example, I have to wait several months because I didn't put my build in before Covid started.

17. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    yes i have a slot and the first of in my area, but it's going to be a year before the backlog it caught up to for new biuld

18. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Looks like mine locked and should be here (stateside) in August from my AD. I am an early car but looks like the flow should start soon.

19. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Me too. I was struggling to order my 812 SF in November last year and the confirmation to have delivery within June 2020 . They were asking 12-14 months in the beginning . They accepted my clause and I ordered it . They told me they have to give specs 4 months before the production of the specific allocated car . So they told me they were going to send my specs within February 2020 for a delivery within June 2020 . My specs were appearing on my ferrari app already end of December 2019 and VIN number in January . Something is happened . I don’t know if it is related to SF90 but something is happened even before Covid 19 . Car was completed by the way early March and it was staying at Maranello for lockdown period . It reached the dealer end of April and delivery mid of May

of2worlds, F2003-GA and wrs like this.
  20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Evidence that there is no real wait list for a 812 Coupe

gliazzurri likes this.
  21. epah

epah Rookie

Apr 14, 2020
  22. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Yep, there are a handful of members on here who have received them in Europe. I'm still eagerly awaiting a detailed review of the car, ideally by a 812 SF owner so s/he can compare the experience, exhaust sound, etc plus comment on wind noise/turbulence!! I can't imagine the driving dynamics being materially different from the SF...

23. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Some cars already being offered on the (off) market, so deliveries have started in Europe

24. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    My order is in as of today.
    Yes it is happening now :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

KenU, wrs, uhn2000 and 1 other person like this.
  25. 2tall4economy

2tall4economy Karting

Oct 26, 2014
    Western Suburbs of Chicago (for now)
    Full Name:
    Brett
    "It's going to be daily driven like the other cars in the collection".

Riiiiiiiiight. Daily driven around the block, at best, with 12 other cars in the garage.
    Spoken like another pretentious asshat pretending he's really using his cars (not Shmee, he's a decent sort).

KarlA69 likes this.