812 Cpmpetizione Performance | FerrariChat

812 Cpmpetizione Performance

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by GSL, May 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GSL

GSL Rookie

May 2, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Graham Lucking
    Am I the only one out there thinking that the F12 TDF running on the 812 Competizione Rims and Tyres would be quicker than the new Competizione , despite being 6 years older and not having all the aero that looks so strange to “traditionalists” , where even the TDF was “aggressive” ? The TDF has higher torque at lower revs ( 705nm to 690nm ) and is a huge 160 ibs lighter ( 3280 to 3120 dry weight ) before all the advantages of getting onto the carbon rims (and new tyres) by way of turn in and acceleration as well as a bit more weight saving . Fiorano 2015 TDF was 1.21 and a lot of us thought that with a tyre change it would have been quicker; it ought to be on the carbon fibre rims and new tyres ... Competizione is , I believe 1.20 in 2021 with all that aero ..... perhaps it was slowed down to come in behind the SF90 .....

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I don't think the approx 100 812C owners in the UK even know what you are talking about let alone how to achieve it !

3. GSL

GSL Rookie

May 2, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Graham Lucking
    Moot point , I guess , but It is the way the Competizione is being promoted as the ultimate fast Ferrari naturally aspirated road car by Maranello and all the pundits and reviewers that was beginning to puzzle me ..... I’d put my TDF up against one of the “100 Club” as you refer to , if the rims fit ....same driver , any track.