77th 24 HR of Le Mans *Spoiler* | Page 11 | FerrariChat

77th 24 HR of Le Mans *Spoiler*

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by yzee, Jun 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I have to admit I was kind of wishing the second Peugeot would drop out so we could have an Aston on the podium.

2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Even without serious competition, it is an accomplishment to bring the car to the finish without any drama, and Audi have managed that time and time again. There really is no downplaying their performance. Nonetheless I am very happy to see Peugeot take a brilliant win. They were brave enough to take on the Audi-challenge and not to call it quits when they didn´t succeed at once.

3. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Does anybody know if there was a rule change this year or if Porsche dropped a support program or something? I’m only used to see a couple Ferraris out there….this year I had Ferrari overload when I flipped the race on

4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Their cars are much quicker this year. They could have won Sebring but for a few drivers mistakes and are running strong in FIA GT. Quite surprisingly they suck at Le Mans this year.

5. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I was more looking at the number of entries. Normally the Porsches outnumber the Ferraris 4:1 but this year it was the other way around so I have to think something significant changed this year…..generally either the rules or the money.

6. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    #256 308luver, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    I think the Tafel racing switch could be a similar reason. They claimed Porsche was too focused on their top end teams and Ferrari was more willing to help the lesser teams. I know if I was a private team paying good money for these cars I would want similar treatment that the big teams get. Why pay money to be shoved under the carpet as grid fillers.

Porsche keeps putting bad drivers in the best cars and the best drivers in the bad cars. That and every car wolf henzler touches right now seems to self destruct. This year it was the #77 cars race to win, unfortunatly they ran out of gas(kinda).

Its wierd though the faster car keeps losing the big races. 2007 Ferrari was clearly faster but Porsche won Lemans and Petit, 2008 Porsche was back on top but Ferrari won Lemans, Now 2009 Porsche is still on top but Ferrari wins the big ones so far.

7. veloso45

veloso45 Rookie

Mar 6, 2009
    Portugal
    #257 veloso45, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009