$75K Mondial for Sale on eBay | FerrariChat

$75K Mondial for Sale on eBay

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Burch1, Feb 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's actually a discount. They wanted $89.5K back in November.

ZFFRK33A1M0090306

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142744697-post21.html

Still very optimistic, I'd say.

Oh, and if anyone is bold enough to ask double the market value the least they should do is advertise with lots of professional photographs.

3. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Which he did off course, after a big write-up.
    A trustworthy seller with lots of positive transactions. ;)

But you can give him a call

4. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's right! So many that it's off the charts... :D

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

6. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    4 cell phone pics.

Zero feedback.

>2x the market $.

Yeah, that'll work.

7. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    If not any recent miles, it will need a lot of work. Why buy if not to drive. Then the value of a low mileage garage queen disappears.

8. driveitdaily

driveitdaily Formula 3

Jul 20, 2013
    lake ariel pennsylva
    Full Name:
    john
    i was just going to post the same thing , only 4 photos ? if i was asking that amount of money i'd put 100 photos to try to show maybe it is nicer than others

besides , i think i'd rather have the one listed on ebay with 67 k , for 26.000 ,

9. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  10. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I need to say it's a beauty!
    I wonder though who did the taxation...! I am willing to pay him a flight ticket to do the taxation on mine :D

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Who the hell took the pictures? Stevie Wonder?? How hard is it to take a picture that shows the whole car???

12. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    While playing tennis on SNL!

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Seller probably got inspiration for the 89.5 (75K) from the recent RM Auction sale for $85K

RM Auctions | Ferrari Mondial t

The problem with this car is the lack of information/details - if it was pristine and everything in tip/top shape - it *should* find a buyer - but if it has lots of unseen problems (lack of info usually points to this)

the low ball numbers people have been throwing around is appropriate....

14. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    If one wants a mint 88 last of transverse breed Mondial cab for example, how many would actually be out there? With attrition and accidents, maybe the total in service worldwide is a few hundred? Of those, maybe half are lower mileage? Maybe half again have new hoses, and other age related items properly sorted? So we have perhaps 100 cars or so that are of top condition rank. With say 10 percent for sale at a point in time as a wildcard guess, maybe 10 cars in the world are available? Add in some colour choice preferences, and some geographic considerations, maybe someone would have a practical choice of a handful of cars. So for a classic Ferrari experience, reasonable parts and maintenance prospects, with a unique convertible choice that often appeals to classic buyers, these cars could easily bring $75k and be rational value. Sure there are other year models available, which would expand the choice, but the t buyers need to deal with the engine out service which probably thins out the market for those models, otherwise the t should rightly trade for a much higher premium than it does.

So while I agree that Mondial's getting these types of prices has been unusual, I wouldn't be surprised if a discerning buyer paid up for a special car.

I guess my main point is the usable cars are getting scarce, and in a thin market of both buyers and sellers, I would expect a bigger range of values out there than may have prevailed in the past.

Once the supply of top condition cars is gone, the value reflects recreation cost. For any luxury car to put into mint condition, that $100,000 plus unless you are a diy. Mondials will get there, but only for top condition, usable show car quality and time capsule examples. Til then, some great bargains still to be had for circumstances based situations, and flawed but fixable cars and a patient buyer, but that era is ending.

15. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan

As a Mondial T buyer/owner, I believe the benefits of increased horsepower, abs brakes, power assist steering, adjustable suspension, improved handling and updated styling far outweigh the added cost of the engine-out service.

Norseman likes this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    well said - I completely agree with all your comments

I think the seller here is doing such a poor job marketing the vehicle (with practically no info and pictures)....people will rightly judge it accordingly

17. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Yes, the T engineering advances are notable, although styling is just a different flavour. Used to carry more of a price premium than currently over the 3.2, hard to say why, and other threads attribute to the engine out, but a premium for technical capability alone would make sense. Differences are probably becoming more condition dependant, maybe on average T's just have more deferred maintenance at time of sale. Either that or the 3.2 chrome alpha door handles just look better and attract a premium that narrows the gap :).

18. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Perfectly put, TELO T. I'm sure you would agree: we love them all, 3.2s and before, but - - the slight difference in cost between a major service with the engine in, and that same service with the engine out, could never begin to pay for the huge performance (ride control, etc) differences that the T's upgrades gave us.

Now if this car were a Valeo car ........... look out, numbers !!

Cheers, Hank

19. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I've spoken with folks at several competent shops and all said that it's easier to do the full service on most Mondials with the motor out. Especially now, as time has accrued.

Norseman likes this.
  20. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    +1...... Not only easier, but a better job overall.

Norseman likes this.
  21. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    The ad says the owner is a "non smoker"..... hmmmmm..... clearly this must only be referring to tobacco though ;)

22. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Agreed :)

Norseman likes this.
  23. twestby

twestby Rookie

Jan 20, 2007
    Pa, Fl
    Full Name:
    todd
    #23 twestby, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    t was my first.... had others but kept the t. the engine out is is $2500 +/-
    besides having some of the most fun i have ever had on 4 wheels!! was the value... and versatility.
    in the early spring Carobu in new mexico will install a single ecu with modern fuel/ign. the 2.5 is functionally obsolete.

DeltaVee blue spring/shock re-valve, 348 transmission. race gate. removable roll bar. sand bent exhaust (light/loud) 348 wheels.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    The only Mondial I would consider forking up such sums for is the Mondial that is currently being fitted with a 430 Challenge engine and gearbox lol...

DadsFerrari likes this.
  25. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    As they say here on FerrariChat (and elsewhere), "Pictures or it ain't happening". :D

It would be a cool new thread, that's for sure!