75 Million dollar house | Page 4 | FerrariChat

75 Million dollar house

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Ferrari0324, Jun 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Brion Jeannette was the architect.

2. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    i dont think so. Dubai will always have the security issues that westerners very much need to be in mind of, that alone is reason enough to stay away. Monaco just seems to be a much more peaceful place to live. I dont think it will see the growth that Dubai is seeing but its housing values and every other value will most likely continue to climb at a steady pace for a long time..

3. BMWfreak

BMWfreak Rookie

Aug 20, 2005
    Well, since almost everyone dislikes the house, I must say that this is one of the best house designs I have seen. It pretty much reminds me of "Leisure Suit Larry 7" (video game) architecture. But I guess many people still prefer aristocratic castle look that I personalty find old.

I just wonder if it's too big for one family ? :) Because if must live with strangers, I prefer hotel.

About the money part... It's just weird that even with the average lottery win, it's hardly to afford one. But lottery is not the right channel for that kind of lifestyle anyway (except to get basic equity)... Those of you who think that's a lot of money go see PayWatch or "How much do they earn" For preview I must just say that 8-figure income (per year) is not so rare. We should be happy for such properties to exist in case we become billionaires, that has never been easy, but it's the easiest environment now than ever.

The house is for people that don't live in limitations (depreciations, savings...). It's for the leaders/creators who has the mindset of Goldfinger, Drax, Dr.No, but maybe with positive purpose for humankind.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That place has been for sale for a while I guess. It's nice, for sure, but the Florida shoreline on the Atlantic side is really wearing down from all the hurricanes. I wouldn't pay that much for it only because the land will get smaller year by year...

Edit: Palm Beach property tax appraisers say it's valued at $56 million. He bought it in '04 for $41.25 million so I guess he wants a nice chunk of profit. About $1 million a year in property taxes! :eek:

5. duc749R

duc749R Rookie

Aug 3, 2004
    San Francisco Bay Ar

Ok if you inherit $4 mill, then buy a $1.5 mill home and even buy yourself an F car which would leave you around $2.3 mil. Give the $2.3 mill to my financial advisor earning you 20%, nothing too high risk which would give you around $460,000 +/- annually to live off of. I think you will be ok. Just my 2 cents.

6. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    giving your money to a financial adviser and assuming 20% is a huge IF. Anyone doing that well consistently would go work for a hedge fund and make some huge coin.

7. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    well whatever lets get this thread back on the topic of big houses

8. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
  9. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Waste of space! :p:p:p

10. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    What would you do with a castle? :)

11. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    hey man you may be able to suffer in 10,000 sq ft but not me, I live LARGE

12. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
  13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    That IS ugly alright! :):)

Now WHAT THE F*CK would you even consider doing with this mansion? :D:D
    You would tire out walking from one side to the other! :p:p
    I honestly cannot believe that people actually live in these things. Insane! More power to them I guess! :cool::cool:

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  16. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    well with money it s possible to do everthing, so build a house near the sea
    i m agree, but is it legal when it s built around 30 m of the rivage?

inside all looks perfect very smooth and confortable, 75 M it s quite expensive..

17. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I think the problem with buying and selling mansions is...with the exception of it being located on an exclusive piece of property(oceanfront near a major city, location in city), I think most people with that kind of money would not want to sleep in the same bedroom that someone else did. They want to build their own new mansion with their own creative ideas and architecture.

If I had a few billion lying around...I most certainly would not want to sleep in the same bedroom as where Trump was. Nothing against the guy.

18. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    +1 which is exactly why the family that bought an ocean front (not intracoastal) mansion sold the rights to blow it up in the movie Bad Boys 2. The new house should be completed by now...

20. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    ****'n hell! Nice! :)

21. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Looks like a nice place to have for the weekends away:D:D

I know how hard it is to sell a $3 mil home so I can't imagine this one going anywhere for awhile....