75 Million dollar house | FerrariChat

75 Million dollar house

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Ferrari0324, Jun 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
  2. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The garage is the most impressive part. The rest is what I think of as bland California-look organic non-architecture...not my taste.

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Can I get into that with 100% financing? :) Only $100 G's in property taxes a year.

4. Murcielago03

Murcielago03 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Shaan
    Nice home, but I dont see 75M in there.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont like that style . Looks like Cancun Bangalos .

6. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    For that money it better be a French palace reassembled block by block + antiques. This one is bland. Id rather ditch the size for quality.

7. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Asking price $75M....

OK, I'm asking $100M for my house... anyone want to buy ;)

8. Fugly, absolutly nothing interesting or even remotly worth $75 million. The garage was fancy though.

9. BOG

BOG Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 30, 2006
  10. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I agree. Somebody is anxious to attach an "art" markup to real estate.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That is a really ugly house, wow. The only thing I like about it is the view and the cliffs leading down to the beach. They didn't show much of the garage, but it didn't look so great either.

I remember seeing this on TV recently. Some British TV show where they showed homes of the rich on HGTV. Some lady hosted the show, not that other guy most think of.

They filmed when they were finishing up the place, they said it had a heated marble driveway! That gold tile they showed was real, too, and they made a few jokes about people being able to steal them. I like the amount of land it's on, which is something I think all homes of that size should have. Something which this Cali $75mm house doesn't have. They just squeezed the house over the land taking up as much space as possible.

12. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Well how about the Fl home trump bought for $40mm, did some renovations and is onw trying to sell for $125mm. I think both these dudes will be sitting on their homes for a while unless they ask significantly less.

13. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Eh. I'd rather buy the Hearse Castle. LOL

14. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    I rather turn it into a place where celebs and whoever who has money to rent it out and through parties and just spend their money... or rather buy 30 houses and rent them out, so i dont go broke in the longrun...

john

15. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Back to the thread I started asking 'If you could spend 8 million dollars total and have up to 6 different homes, where would you live ?'.

NOBODY needs a home that costs over a million dollars. Heck, nobody needs a home over about $400,000, if it's over that amount - MOVE.

A friend of mine built a home here, it assessed out at $375K, we were looking online at real estate one night - we found a home nearly identical to his in looks and sq footage around Mill Valley (CAL) - for 1.8 million.

16. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Betcha that it goes higher once it is reassessed at seventy five million. :(

I like the glass bottomed jacuzzi

17. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Ummm... Yeah. That would mean no one should live in NYC, for example (but hey, maybe you wouldn't think that's such a bad thing.) One bedroom apartments up here cost way, way more than $400K...

That said, a $75 million home is just stupid... I have no problem with big homes, but jeez... spend $15 million if you MUST and then give the rest to charity or something...

18. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

And that home is in San Francisco area, rather than 'middle of' where-ever you are. The probable benefits include nicer weather, no snow, better views etc...

19. ski_bum

ski_bum Formula 3

Dec 26, 2002
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Prop 13 sets property taxes at 1% of the selling price + any local assessments/bond issues, et al. After that, it can only increase a maximum of 2% a year.

There was a dumb movie I saw years ago where a couple went to the jacuzzi and did 'it', but didn't know there was a glass wall behind a bar looking into the jacuzzi. :)

20. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon

So that eliminates anywhere in NYC, anywhere in L.A., Scottsdale, AZ, much of Fl and anywhere else you want a luxury home.

This comment is a little ignorant to the RE market, don't you think?

Sort of like saying, no one needs a $20,000 car. Yes we can all ride in Toyotas and Hondas, but not even the SUV models, Camrys and Civics only. In which case, we can all leave f-chat now.

And actually, I think more people would agree with the $20K car than the $400K house.

21. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Wow.. that's awesome but I don't think anything is worth quite THAT much.

22. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    No, it's not ignorant, but you are missing my point:

Let's say you are 40 years old and you just inherited 4 million dollars.
    You don't have to work the rest of your life, but you kinda have to watch what you spend in order to live the next 40 years.
    Would you tie up 1.5 or 2 million dollars -half of it - in a house ? Or would you move slightly out of town for $500,000-650,000 ??

I know full well the values of real estate in all parts of the country, I'm not a total idiot (just a partial one). Also, let's assume the market crashes enough to where you are only going to make 2% interest on your money.

For the record, if it was me, I'd find a decent place in a decent, climate, Austin TX, Mobile AL or something like that, even St. Louis or Memphis.... and my car(s) would be a Scion, and.... (here goes) a 360 Spyder.
    (beat me up now) :)

I am into living well, but not totally wasting money.

But that's just my thoughts, everyone is different.

23. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I can't say i'm impressed with this either...it's kind of the ultimate McMansion.

24. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    $75 million for something that's inevitablly going to fall into the ocean? :D