720 New exhaust and down pipes | Page 2 | FerrariChat

720 New exhaust and down pipes

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Gh21631, Oct 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I'm not saying you can expect issues with an aftermarket exhaust - I am saying that if anything occurred to the car that can be traced back to the exhaust as having caused the issue, a warranty would be void. Anything put on a car after it has left the factory can void a warranty if the issue can be traced back to it.

Typically, an ECU would get reprogrammed to account for the difference in back pressures - you reprogram an ECU, and a back pressure related issue can easily be traced back to the exhaust and ECU. I'm not a technician, so that is about all I can add to this.

2. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Do you have any first hand experience on this?

Matt

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I guess if somehow a problem was related to an aftermarket exhaust component but that is highly unlikely. Also, we did not mess with the ECU as it is unnecessary in this case. There is no loss in back pressure as this is not a catless system and in fact gained power across the band.

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Can you imagine how Capristo, Fabspeed, Kline, Akra and many others would survive if this was the case?

Smiles likes this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    According to the Magnuson-Moss Act, a vehicle manufacturer cannot automatically cancel your warranty just because you’ve installed aftermarket car parts. This is an illegal practice. That said, if your aftermarket part somehow causes or contributes to a failure in your vehicle, the dealer may be able to deny your warranty claim—as long as they can prove the connection. In these cases, the burden of proof is entirely on the dealership.

ekovalsky and Jo Sta7 like this.
  6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thank you!!!