7% of all Carrera Gt's r in the UAE | FerrariChat

7% of all Carrera Gt's r in the UAE

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by sheeesh, Jul 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    I think there is a mistake there...I couldnt find many different sources to back up the UAE stats. However, cross refrencing with other stats can also disprove this figure. If the 7% figure were true that would mean 89 CGTs were sold over the production run of 3 years. in the Fiscal year 2005/2006 55 CGTs were sold in the entire Middle Eastern Market (which is a record year)..Of those 55 sold that year, a helluva lot of them would have to have been bought in the UAE...same would hold true for 2004/2005 and 2003/2004. Considering other big guns like Saudi Kuwait and Qatar in the picture, it seems unlikely that UAE alone could nab such a lionshare of those sales.

2. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I will take mine in white, please. :)

3. sheeesh

sheeesh Rookie

Jul 6, 2006
    well romeoturk , im not sure aswell, thats y i added " According to" to tell you that this website said. These r not my words. i hope u understand
    Cheers,

4. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    I understand... just seemed odd to me.

5. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    53% to the US alone, i didnt expect those kind of numbers, really under estimated the enormous market that is the US!!!

6. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    53% (604 cars out of 1270) went to North America, not just the United States.

"A total of 604 Carrera GTs were sold in the North American market" -Speed TV
    http://www.speedtv.com/articles/automotive/automotiveindustry/23898/

7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Wow, yellow with black wheeels....sweeeet....me like! ;)

8. boost

boost Rookie

Aug 22, 2006
    are you kiddin me...have u even been to dubai once...when you get there u'll know why it says 7% in the UAE...we by far got the best cars u will ever see in ur lifetime

9. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Any hi-res of those red ones ??

10. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I don't think so, have you ever been to Monaco? or even the more wealthy part of California?

Don't get me wrong I know that Dubai has tons of high-end exotics.

11. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    I've been to Monaco, Montecarlo etc. etc and to Orange County aswell as Dubai. I have to say its boringly homogeneous. You see the same thing in all these places, the new globalized rich can be a bit boring at times...

12. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    I lived in bahrain for 13 years and been to dubai more times than i can remember even when it was just a oasis in the desert...Im giiving facts here. not making anything up here

Considering theres like %2 import tax on cars and no income tax this is normal, ....its far more impressive seeing a guy drive a F430 in a country where the import duties are 120%, plus a yearly "luxury tax" that can amount to 60,000 dirhams on top just for having the car then paying 8.3 dirhams a liter at the pump....This is just eye candy

13. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    I guess the 7% figure is for the whole Middle East market (Including Saudi, Kuwait, Iran etc) not just UAE.

14. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    I think so to....