6th annual D/FW Toy Run | Page 5 | FerrariChat

6th annual D/FW Toy Run

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WDR328, Nov 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rennsport

Rennsport Karting

Nov 24, 2009
    D/FW(LAKEWOOD)
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SCHALIJ
  2. Rennsport

Rennsport Karting

Nov 24, 2009
    D/FW(LAKEWOOD)
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SCHALIJ
    #102 Rennsport, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
    And if you were the guy who held the ribbon up for my car to go under(alpine white E92 328i)at the restaurant parking, thanks very much(I believe it was the Mazda3 5 door guys, neat car).

3. Indypits

Indypits Karting

Jun 1, 2005
    TX
    Full Name:
    Carolyn
  4. dfwmz3

dfwmz3 Rookie

Dec 11, 2010
    yeah that was us

5. Ryno_Saab

Ryno_Saab Rookie

Dec 11, 2010
    #105 Ryno_Saab, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey everybody, we had a great time (black Saab 9-3 Aero in last group) and wanted to thank everyone for holding such a great event.. it was a lot of fun and i know some people worked really hard out there keeping it organized.

It was great to see all the exotics and i felt like i was in Cannon Ball run being in the last group with the VTTT (DryHole) as our fearless leader. The Saab did better than i expected and i was able to at least stay in touch behind a really spirited group. We eventually caught up to the next group and then we had a great long line of beautiful cars rolling through the countryside.

Thanks again for making us Saab'ers feel at home....

I took a ton of pics, so here goes.. if anyone wants larger versions i have them and can send them to you. Just ask..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Ryno_Saab

Ryno_Saab Rookie

Dec 11, 2010
    #106 Ryno_Saab, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  7. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Wonderful job guys!!!

I heard about this only a few days ago and unfortunately already had plans (wedding anniversary). Seeing how this came together and the success and happiness that it undoubtedly brought to the kids makes me very proud to be a part of this community. Nice job by all!!!

Wish I had been there.

PDG

8. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Thnx for the pics guys. That was a great event Don & Carolyn!

Ritesh - Blue GT3.

9. loochy

loochy Rookie

Dec 13, 2010
    Hey guys, I owned the white Saab 9-3. I had a great time and I look forward to the event next year! I was very impressed with the amount of toys that everyone brought...good job guys!

Who was the gentleman that was taking pictures/video at the start? He had a tripod set up and I bet he got some great photos that I'm very interested in seeing.

10. pattymelt3605

pattymelt3605 Rookie

Sep 13, 2010
    It was nice to meet you guys, I was in the yellow Lamborghini Gallardo. Our group was led by the Ferrari F40, and we had some fun driving for sure!

11. Rennsport

Rennsport Karting

Nov 24, 2009
    D/FW(LAKEWOOD)
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SCHALIJ
    #111 Rennsport, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
    So many awesome cars on the D/FW Toy Run again this year !! And nice people.

I'd like to own a 328GTB, or 993/930 eventually(I had a couple of 951s, great cars, so well balanced),I need to sell more houses ;) I love the E92 328iSPORT, so fun to drive, great motor(N52 - one of BMW's most advance motors to date and the lightest 6 cylinder motor in a production car I believe)that just sings all the way to redline and pulls nicely in all gears, wonderfully communicative steering, strong brakes, etc., it will certainly do for now. We have great supportive groups and clubs here in D/FW from Ferrari to Porsche to BMW to SAAB, etc. I know that D/FW SAABers are working on having an official SAAB club, Houston is too far away.

Events like the D/FW TOY Run are great and they show that car enthusiasts, of no matter which marque, can do great things together !

12. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    #112 greg512tr, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks to Don and Carolyn for all the hardwork for another great event. We made a stop at this little market for veggies, salsa, and to lift the hood and open the heater valve all the way.

13. slapshot36227

slapshot36227 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Zach K
    That was me.. I was taking HD video of the cars leaving. Unfortunately it was quite windy so the quality isn't as good as I had hoped for. Standing in front of the camera blocking the lens helped a little bit. Quite a few people had some spectacular... "exits."

I took lots of pictures as well, I'd be willing to upload some highlights to photobucket or something if you're interested.

14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Post the pics of the white 328! You know the car. ;)

15. loochy

loochy Rookie

Dec 13, 2010
    I definitely am interested in seeing some pictures from a quality camera and photographer.

16. Rennsport

Rennsport Karting

Nov 24, 2009
    D/FW(LAKEWOOD)
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SCHALIJ
    I have a White 328.

Hehe, bimmer (Alpine White E92 SPORT PKG./PREMIUM PKG. 6 speed manual).

I love the 328s of the Ferrari variety, was either one(I think there were two present)a GTB ? There was so much going on, I wish I could have taken a closer look. I would like to own one eventually, I hear they are great, even could be a daily driver, although it would only be on nice sunny days. I need to drive one sometime.

17. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    There were 4 that I saw. All were GTS models. 2 red, 1 white, & mine.

18. Rennsport

Rennsport Karting

Nov 24, 2009
    D/FW(LAKEWOOD)
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SCHALIJ
    Thanks, I did not realize there were 4 Ferrari 328s there, I was chatting with people quite a bit and had BMW friends, SAAB friends, and new Ferrari friends gathered in one place, so cool.

19. Rennsport

Rennsport Karting

Nov 24, 2009
    D/FW(LAKEWOOD)
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SCHALIJ
    #119 Rennsport, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  20. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I think both Tillmans and my car could be mistaken for GTB's, we sort of planned it that way. :)

We've both got painted tops and modified window louvers.

21. pattymelt3605

pattymelt3605 Rookie

Sep 13, 2010
    When I pulled out I did get squirly for sure, would love to see the video if you caught it. Yellow Gallardo. Thanks.

22. BB84

BB84 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2010
    My brother and I had a wonderful time! Thank you for organizing the event and thank you to Boardwalk for having us all.

The closest my brother had been to a Ferrari or Lamborghini in the past was driving by the showrooms (he is still in high school back in Iowa) so thank you for the opportunity for him to be part of this. I'm not sure I've ever seen him as excited as he was on Saturday.

You know it's a good day when your face hurts from smiling so much :)

Black/Black '02 911

23. westrock

westrock Rookie

Dec 11, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    David
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSXqYsoXoAw

This was my 4th one to attend (grey crazy looking Exige). My only critique for the event would be to consider making it a "cruise" where we purposefully stay below the speed limit. It seems like every year I have gone that some people get left behind due to red lights or slow moving vehicles. When we are traveling 100 MPH down the highway and back roads it makes it very very hard for the others to catch up, thus making it not enjoyable for them.

So if we made it a point to drive ~60 MPH down the highway or ~50 MPH down back roads, this would give ppl the opportunity to catch up easily, plus it would give passerbye's something really fun to look at. I mean when you see the convoys of bikers, its not the individual bikes zooming past thats make it cool, its the enormity of the group that makes it look really cool.

Just a suggestion.

24. Rennsport

Rennsport Karting

Nov 24, 2009
    D/FW(LAKEWOOD)
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SCHALIJ
    #124 Rennsport, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
    With so many cars, traffic lights will tend to cause a split in formations at times. This happened to my group as well, but was no big deal, we should all have maps and know where we are going. And I did not have any issues catching up/staying up, and my car is no 500HP exotic. Or we could just drive on busy city streets and under 30MPH ?

JK

I think that for a lot of folks this is an opportunity to enjoy their cars on beautiful roads with other enthusiasts, with safety and consideration for other drivers in mind of course at all times.

Your video is great. Thank you for posting it.

R.S.

25. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    As one of the group leaders, thank you for you comments, it's something to shoot for in the future for sure.

S