612 Ownership? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

612 Ownership?

Discussion in '612/599' started by colandreo, Oct 25, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    The adjustment doesn't last long when the car is used on a steep driveway. Same with my QP and my E46 M3s. Let's see how the 550 handbrake fares once she arrives from PA.

2. magnumjpi

magnumjpi Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    I thought this was just mine. Parked in a supermarket car park, went to get out...and thought...Maybe I’ll move to a different space...wife not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    Do u have specific procedure? With pics. Is possible .. The dealers tried twice , and still need to pull handbrake all the way up, and i feel not holding the car.. ( they said it’s heavy car and the hand brake not for stopping the car)
    is it possible with adjustment to make it hold the car halfway pulled.

I have feeling some dealer don’t have experience techs familiar with these cars.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Matt- The procedure is in the WSM, page 804 and fully illustrated. Are you going to do it yourself? The handbrake should lock the rear wheels solidly with 4-5 clicks upwards on the lever after adjusting the starwheel to lock up the disc, and then backing off one click. If not, the cable needs to be adjusted to get to 4-5 clicks. If it cannot be adjusted, she may need new brake shoes (doubtful) or the cables have stretched and need to be replaced. That replacement procedure is a pain in the neck looking at the WSM.

5. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    Not doing my self .,, need to find competent mechanic and show him the procedure.

the car has power 15 warranty will expire soon.. not sure if this covered under warranty ,

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It seems the the cables stretch almost right away. So I guess you could replace the cable every six months or so and it would work okay? Personally, I just make sure to leave it in gear when I park it.

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    In regard to the thread topic, I just got back from a 500+ mile trip in my 612 today-- what a great touring car!