612 HGTS and GTC packages | FerrariChat

612 HGTS and GTC packages

Discussion in '612/599' started by kevboaster, Mar 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevboaster

kevboaster Rookie

Feb 20, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    What's the difference between the HGTS and HGTC packages for the 612 Scaglietti?

2. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    i was wondering the same thing

3. 007700

007700 Rookie

Apr 13, 2005
    Having a Good Time Speeding: Having a Good Time Crashing!!

4. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    Shoot my a PM with a fax number and I'll fax you Ferrari NA "official" information on the GTC/GTS packages.

5. kevboaster

kevboaster Rookie

Feb 20, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    sorry, I don't have a fax #, but thanks for the offer

6. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

LMAO.

Forza,

Cavallini

7. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

I've never heard of the GTS. Could you give us the general changes and upgrades. It seems that Ferrari would only have the GTC as the upgrade option given it's huge success with the 575.

Many thanks,

Cavallini

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Isn't the gtc package on a 612 a bit silly. It's like getting a maybach and then swapping out for a sports-suspension on it.

--Dan

9. alin13

alin13 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    well they have the Maybach 57S, a sporty model of Maybach

10. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    Transcribed from FNA Product Communicaiont dated Nov. 22 2005

HGTS Package ($12.877)
    19" Modular Wheels
    Sport Exhaust
    Suspension with sport tuning
    Transmission with sport tuning
    Chrome exhaust grills on the rear bumper

HGTC Package ($27,273)
    Includes all of the HGTS package
    19" modular wheels with BALL POLISHED FINISH
    CCM(Carbon Ceramic) brakes with 6piston calipers front, 4 piston rear.
    Colored brake calipers(Rossa Corsa is default color)

In addition to these packages, run flat tires are available on 19" modular wheels. Code FLA2

Changes for 2006 vs 2005

Reduction of black leather for the interior, Black WILL STILL be used for A-Pillar, Windshild Frame, Top of Dashboard, Rear Shelf. But these are available for personalization with option codes DSH4, SHF3, STW 1

Leather Headliner is standard for 2006, Code RUF1 will be canceled.

Titanium colored door sill plates to match aluminum on dash.

New GPS system will be standard. Features include Nav, Bluetooth, MP3, Voice Recognition, Compact flash drive, OLED Display and an addition display in the instrument cluster.

Rear Park Sensors are standard.

F1a Transmission(Software improvement.)

Hope this info is helpful

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    the 57S is actually supposed to be a more "mobile executive office" than a sportier version

--Dan

12. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    I thought it was the worlds fastest pimpmobile/parade float?
    Still not as fast as it's depreciation though :D

And the F car still has the ball polisher...

13. Bab

Bab Formula 3

Dec 4, 2004
    Moncton/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Does anyone have a picture of the park sensors on the 612? Do they look the same as every other car?

14. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Interesting and very informative. Many thanks,

Cavallini

15. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    It's a sportier version indeed,Black piano finish,and S65 AMG powertrain.

16. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Everyone I know that has driven the 612, including magazine reporters, say the car is a super performance car that just happens to have a back seat. Not one bad word about it after the drive.

A Maybach would not be a fair comparison.

17. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    Having driven the 612 several times now, it's really an amazing car. On the track with the GTS or GTC packages it would be a close runner with a F430.

The thing about the 612 is that it looks like it's the size of the CL500/600 Benz, but when you drive it, it's actually very light and nimble. We have a 612 with a 6speed manual coming in, which should be a great car. I don't know of any 500+ hp NA V12's that you can get with a stick shift, so in that sense it's very unique car.

The 612 is the not he 456 all over again...fortunately.

My only complaint about the 612 is the stock wheels, you need to order the modular wheels, or the GTS/GTC packages.

18. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Very old thread but useful since I do not have the booklets on hand.

Now, I wonder why on my sticker the option package is called HGT2?

The car I have has the HGTC configuration. Could it be because the "C" package is the second package (a more inclusive package) than the first package (HGTS) or is it something else? The book btw does not refer to HGT2, or at least from my perusal of it.

Just a thought from a "new to me" owner. Curious if anyone knows...

19. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I believe there are threads that are newer than this one that go into the HGT2 equipment package. I believe the HGT2 package came out in 07 or 08 and after this thread had run its life. I think Taz explained this package. Perhaps adjust your search to find the newer thread.

20. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Thx,,, my bad.
    I didn't even think to do an F-chat search, it was a google search that brought me here and I was like , geesh why didn't I do that to begin with.. At that point I stopped searching and just asked the question. You are correct, I will/should search through this section.
    :)

21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Al - There is truely a wealth of information on this site on Fcars and many other brands as well. I love this site some of the blogs are very entertaining - jewelry, cars, taxes, F1 and some just ridiculous stuff lol.

This site is largely responsible for helping to decide what Fcar, years and model I ultimately selected to buy. The dealers really knew very little about the 612s. One dealer sales person once told me the OTO cars had chains rather than belts which through research here I knew to be wrong. Just a great source of information.

22. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    When the 612 went to Motronic 7.3.2 from 7.1.1, it required new TCUs, shock ECUs, and other electronic componentry. The old HGTS and HGTC TCUs and shock ECUs would not work with the new Motronic DMEs. So when the first 612s, the Sessantas, went to 7.3.2, Ferrari introduced the HGT1 kit that included the same things as the HGTS (CCMs were standard on Sessantas) option. For the interim 2007 and 2008 models with 7.3.2 before the OTO, the handling kit was called HGT2 (some early interims showed HGTC which was HGT2 and CCMs combined) with CCMs as a separate option. For the OTO, HGT2 was retained and CCMs were standard.

Simple, no? Complicated by the fact that CCMs became standard in Fall 2007 on all other Ferraris, but not until the Spring 08 OTO introduction for the 612. If anybody is interested, I have Monroneys that show the progression.

23. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    My head is spinning,,, truly the wonder of behind the scenes Operations Meetings,, who else could make it this complicated, lol

24. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yea almost more than anyone but a rocket scientist can fathom. Not being one it is way over my head.

25. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The standard steel brakes on the 612 are excellent. The carbon brakes shine on the track, where I doubt many 612s will be found.