612 HGTC‘s?? | FerrariChat

612 HGTC‘s??

Discussion in '612/599' started by DKurtaz, Apr 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DKurtaz

DKurtaz Karting

Aug 12, 2019
    Hello All

i was wondering after looking through the classifieds, how many HGTC 612‘s are out there?
    Was also not clear if they carry a resale premium over a std car?

Thanks

2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    No idea on numbers, but it’s definitely a desirable option. There’s certainly a premium to pay over a like non-HGTC car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood

Attached Files:

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    David- Affirmative, and when they made CCMs standard on the OTOs, they jacked up the base price to cover that, too. Same thing they did to all the Ferraris in the 2007/2008 timeframe as CCMs became standard.

rynoshark likes this.
  5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    When I was shopping for my car, it was an option I wanted included but that said I didn't notice a marked difference in the pricing of cars with the HGTC option. It seemed to me the major price differentiations came more from mileage, year and color. I seriously doubt I paid any more for the HGTC option than if it did not have the option. Perhaps over the long term that option will become more desirable and priced more into the market?

I was surprised how much difference the year made on the price since all the OTO cars were the same from what I could tell.

6. HKS479

HKS479 Karting

Sep 23, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland
    612 HGTCs and 599 HGTEs definitely make up the higher priced cars here in Switzerland, especially the 599 which commands a hefty premium over GTB.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Wibragal

Wibragal Rookie

Sep 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    WILLIAM brand
    Gentlemen, new to the forum, and new owner of an Scaglietti 2005, please kindly explain what is HGTC and OTO , I need to start learning at least the basic.
    Thanks and my apologies for this novice question. Thanks

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi William, congrats on your new 612, and I wish you good luck with it. You are the new owner of a fabulous vehicle.

As far as your question, go to the top right of this forum and do a search for OTO and HGT, HGTC and HGT2. There are many threads with tons of info. This will enable you to come back and ask specific questions you did not see covered.

Yzerman likes this.
  9. Wibragal

Wibragal Rookie

Sep 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    WILLIAM brand
    Thanks Nospinzone

10. 328,550,360, wap

Dec 24, 2016
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    oto,hgt,hgtc,hgtc2

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Michael- Actually HGTS, HGTC, and HGT2 for the option packages. OTO features applied to all 612s built after around spring 2008. Might as well add in the Sessanta and HGT1, too. They were the prototypes for the OTO with some special features.