612 HDT2 OTO | FerrariChat

612 HDT2 OTO

Discussion in '612/599' started by GWB, May 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GWB

GWB Karting

Feb 18, 2007
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Gavin Britz
    Hi. I have just bought mine.
    How many of those were made
    G

2. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    There is a black one in Houston but the owner is kind of a jerk.

3. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    As far as I know, the HGT2 package is essentially included in the OTO (exhaust, superfast and ccb's). I've never seen the HGT2 package listed on at OTO sticker. What year is it? Does it have a glass roof?

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    I have a 2010 OTO, it does not have the HGT2 package. I'm not sure exactly whats included in that package, but it includes springs and sway bars. I have optional 20 inch wheels and sport exhaust and the carbon brakes which are standard on the OTO. I think the non-hgt suspension in my car fits the mission of the car perfectly as a GT car. I would not want stiffer suspension or a louder exhaust, but some do.

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if u have a 2010 OTO u mostly likely have the upgraded suspension - im almost sure

6. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    #6 MoeD, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    I just sold my '06 in favor of a 2010 OTO. It shows the HGT2 on the window sticker in the options list, so I'd say most came with it, but not all obviously. Since these were ordered on a 'One to One' basis, it seems most, but not everyone wanted it...

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    interesting - I was always under the impression the suspension was not an option - so what were options and what was standard? brakes, tranny, wheels were standard?

8. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    #8 Dave.0, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is what was possible to get. I do not have the HGT2 Package, but I have most of whats on this list except the larger anti-roll bar. I also have an option for "sport exhaust" which is not as extensive as the exhaust included in the HGT2 package.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks Dave! so basically if the car has hgtc it has everything and if it doesn't one cld have went ala carte?

10. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    Everything available in the package was available separately as an option - I'm not sure if there was a cost savings to get it as a "package", but on my car with 900 dollar cruise control and a 400 (i think) dollar Ipod connection - which is really just a cord on the glove compartment - I'm not sure it really matters.

11. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    except that in the case of the OTO's CCB's were standard.

12. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thanks - that really clarifies the exact things that come with the HGT2

13. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That's actually wrong (for the OTO). I'm pretty sure that was published in 2007, and refers to the late 2007 cars (they were making a lot of changes right around then). The OTO came with CC brakes standard.

I passed on the HGT2 package because I didn't want the louder exhaust or the wheels, and I already had the CC brakes. In hindsight, the wheels would have been nice, but I still wouldn't want the exhaust. As for the handling, that might have been nice but the standard car handles quite well as it is.

14. GWB

GWB Karting

Feb 18, 2007
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Gavin Britz
    2008 and yes. Glass roof.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    mine is an 09 with glass and I have hgtc listed on my sticker

16. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    HGT2 would be correct for an OTO. It gives you the louder exhaust and different suspension (and maybe different wheels? Or just required a specific wheel to be ordered with it?).

17. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If it says "HGTC" then that would be a mistake on someone's part. If it says HGT2, that would be correct.

The "C" in "HGTC" stood for "Carbon" as in "Carbon Ceramic Brakes." When CCBs became standard, they did away with the "HGTC" package and just included the other components in the "HGT2" package.

18. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    my OTO definitely did not have the HGT2 pack but i have since fitted the suspension components.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes sorry it says hgt2

20. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    FYI- My '06 had the HGTS package installed by me including every last wheel, suspension and ECU change, programming, ignition modules, exhaust etc., and my '10 OTO car with HGT2 drives and handles differently and markedly better. They really refined this car to everything it could've and should've been

I'm so Happy I did this, I'm ecstatic :))

-K1- likes this.
  21. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Do you think it is worth getting the suspension and ECU for my manual 05?

22. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I noticed an immediate and very slight difference when I did that to my last 612. The kit was under 2 grand and it's really just a rear sway bar and a skyhook suspension ECU

That's a very cheap upgrade for an F car

The difference is very slight, but for sure the car seems more surefooted and a tad more competent is the only way I can describe it

23. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have an 08 612 OTO car with the HGT2 package and pretty much all the accessories available in 08 except the fire extinguisher and the luggage. Is there any differences in the performance equipment for the 09 & 10 cars? In my search for my car it seemed that all the OTO cars were the same and most seemed to have been ordered with the HGT2 package. The main differences I found between the cars were interior style and color. Can anyone give me their input on the subject?

24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Randy- No, the OTOs and the HGT2 option were the same until production stopped. Very few OTOs were built and very few were imported to the US. Production numbers I have from NHTSA for the US are 29 in 2009, 26 in 2010, and 1 in 2011

Incidentally, HGTC stands for Handling Gran Turismo Competizione and the C does not stand for CCM, even though that was the package that included CCMs. Same for the 575M HGTC

25. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Tazandjan - Great information, I had suspected that the OTO's were the same from my searching but could not find anything to confirm it. You have the wealth of Fcar knowledge from my reading of this blog.

With only 56 later year’s cars in the US, I guess is the reason the 09 & 10s go for so much more than the 08s. I had heard there were not many 08s either but significantly more than 09/10/11s you mentioned. Any idea how many 08 OTOs came to the US. I have heard figures that with the early 612s models only about 3,000 were manufactured. Someone who worked for Boise said that a very limited number of units were made and all were for the Sessanta and OTO cars. But that is not is entirely correct as I have seen some gen 1 612s that are 07 and non 08 OTO cars with that unit. They may have been later dealer installed units? Just trying to get a handle on how many 08 OTO cars were made and imported to the US. More for curiosity than anything else as I doubt I will sell my car for many years. It is my first Fcar and really enjoy the car. I would get another Fcar if I had more garage space. Thanks again Randy