6 Speed Conversion | Page 9 | FerrariChat

6 Speed Conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by rsmitchell10, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Asked the eag guys about that 360 shift ball.... said it was pre-build swag. 599 ball forthcoming........ does the 599 ball have the R in the UP position?

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you think 13k for everything you need plus cluster and ECU reprogramming is alot?

3. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Having done a similar conversion on two different cars in the past, yes; however, parts for those cars were readily available. If they're producing parts that are NLA, then there is certainly some R&D costs to pay back, which would be reflected in the price.

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Assuming you cld find all the parts from a dealer what wld the total cost be?

5. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    This video shows a place making all parts for conversion in Austin, Texas

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

6. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    I haven't broken out the prices on the 360/430 since my understanding is that most parts have to be sourced used.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ok. Im considering buying a bunch of kits and keeping them in a closet for a few years. I think 13k is dirt cheap.

8. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    I thought the price was reasonable since, as I understand it, some/much can't be purchased new any longer. Assuming you can track them down I'm not sure they'd be much cheaper. But if you enjoy the search...search on.

9. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    My parts are finally in production. Can´t wait for the parts to arrive and the work to begin. Concerning the instructions i´m sure EAG will be eager to help my shop if the written instructions are not included.

10. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I was told that when I placed my order too. Never got any written instructions, never received my parts. Always told it was ready, and then something else needed to be done. Hope your experience turns out different.

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    are you saying you never received your parts after you fully paid them?

12. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I was told May 2019 that everything was in stock, and ready to ship. Paid instantly, for an OEM Kit. Kept hearing excuse after excuse. No photos, asked for some install PDFs, nothing.

Finally had to get a chargeback, which was I only got back in like May 2020 also.

I understand things come up, and that shops are busy. But, I fully paid, waited very patiently, and kept getting excuse after excuse for everything. Everything was ready, but suddenly, doing me a huge favor to redo this piece, or that piece. And then suddenly waiting for this, and that. Got tired of waiting.

Yet, he had time to pump out MT Swaps for other people, and also develop for a Supra and stuff.

13. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    P Chow - I would be pissed. Suggest having a local rep buy part in-person if you decide to do this again.
    Nothing like inspecting the parts in person before handing over the cash.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i suspect the OEM parts became the issue and from there it sounds like it was poorly managed/poor communication to you. i ordered an aftermarket kit about 5 weeks ago. I did suggest to them they shld take a 50% deposit and then collect the balance upon shipment.

15. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    That's interesting, not that I'd be a customer since I have a gated car but if you're ordering an OEM kit there shouldn't be any reason for him to be redoing anything.

Isn't the point of the OEM kit to provide all factory parts only? If he had those in stock, ready to ship, why would he be modifying any of those parts before shipping? I suspect he never had those parts to begin with and was stalling with excuses to try to source them.

brogenville likes this.
  16. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    One of my best friends bought a oem kit for his f430... this was in January this year. he has not recieved any kit or a refund. Countless of emails and trying to contact him to solve this but Art don't answer anymore...

My friend also contacted normal guy super car Dan but did not helped anything... Police and private agency are involved now..

Art is highly criminal and I'm surprised Dan is getting involved with people like this...

Art has 9 lawsuits on him at the moment..

Flea7 likes this.
  17. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    He's a convicted felon. Many warnings have been posted here about Art and EAS.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i used amex - im not worried!

JAM1 likes this.
  19. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Yes. I was really patient, as I usually am. I don't mind waiting, and I know things come up. Hell, I run businesses myself, and sometimes things juat aren't in control, especially if you outsource or order things from factories and stuff. But, I just wanted updates, and I hate being told something just to give me an answer, without it being the truth. I wouldn't have minded if he told me, hey man, sorry, we're waiting for this, ETA is now, but, he just kept telling me everything was finished, and just awaiting packaging, and shipping, and then he disappears, and then suddenly, he's sick, or this has happened, tha'ts happened, but he's had time to do other cars locally, develop other things, etc etc.

Best of luck to you to be honest. He told me everything was in stock, which is why I paid so quickly.

That's what I thought, which is why I paid that full amount of the OEM Kit. I don't mind aftermarket kits to be honest, but, I figured why not, I dont mind shelling out for the OEM Kit.

I suspect that too. I've heard stories where he was waiting for Gated MT Cars to come in, so he could remove parts and copy them.

I had to go through a Chargeback to be honest to get my money back. And even that was a HUGE hassle. Kept giving me excuses, he can't refund it, etc etc, have to do this, have to do that.

Best of luck to your friend to be honest.

I used VISA also. Luckily I did, or else I wouldn't have gotten my money back I suspect.

20. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Oh man.. key parts are REALLY getting slim. Almost getting to the point where you HAVE to make your parts. The shift assembly on the actual transmission.. looks like Ricambi is listing it as NLA. When I looked last summer price was $1100.. now Algar has it listed as $3500. WOW.
    OUTR CNTRL 184022
    $3,523.89

21. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin

If your crafty, there is a workaround for this part (basically adapting another part from the Fiat group that does the same job). But the turret and the clutch pedal are a different matter. They have been NLA for well over a year now, and there's clearly enough people looking for them that they're sold before they come onto the open market.

This is all a real shame, as clearly Art has a great business on his hands. There is real demand for this stuff, and real money to be made. It just needs to be done by someone who can deliver the goods more effectively. With that said, I would love to hear Art come on here and give his side, or even one of his advocates chip in to give some balance to the discussion.

22. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #222 vrsurgeon, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    If you mean the Maserati Part 190667.. its close and can be adapted... but how long will the stock of those parts last at $600? Used to be half price there. ;)

The turret is the pickle though. Iv'e even thought of adapting one of the billet shifter boxes on eBay for less than $200. One of the honda ones looks promising. It just needs to move the shift cables at the same distance for gear shifted.

If he 3D prints the part or machines a report I'd be tempted to acquire that.. it's funny that all these people NOW want a 3-pedal car when 10 years ago when I bought mine for pennies on the dollar nobody gave a rats ...

ScottS and one4torque like this.
  23. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I'm in the process of deigning reproductions for the equivalent parts for V12 conversions. Gear gate and clutch pedal are done, and gearbox control plate is underway. The turret however is clearly the most complex part. Plan is to scan the originals (LHD and RHD), get them drawn in CAD, and have the main pieces CNC cut. Its an expensive way to do it, but at least it keeps the option open to anyone who wants to convert.

Look- photos of actual parts that exist!!!! :eek:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy, vrsurgeon and S F like this.
  24. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I'm happy to revisit an MT Swap if somebody reputable can actually make a full kit for it :)

25. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    There is so much demand.

I still believe a low cost welded steel parts option would have a place in this space.

A good fabricator can pump out welded fabricated powder coated steel parts on a competitive basis.

the aftermarket m3 clutch pedals are steel and they work great.

My main message to anyone in this space - "under promise and OVER deliver"...... word will get out and people will line up for these parts kits, or the full servcie.

You screw over people in this tight knit community and you bear the consequences.

brogenville and S F like this.