6 Speed Conversion | Page 20 | FerrariChat

6 Speed Conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by rsmitchell10, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jordan Takeian

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jordan Takerian
    Right... So apparently if you’re the only business doing this and you talk about it personally, not representing EAG, you’re self promoting. If Art would’ve paid you guys off you wouldn’t have said anything, or banned him. Instead, he didn’t pay your pocket so, you banned him and said “We’ll unban you for $2000” basically extortion. So yeah, I’m really glad you know what you’re talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Art was selling parts and offering his tranny conversion here. He was banned and told to contact admin about sponsorship.

Enjoy your week off, next time you're told to disengage by a moderator you should listen.

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    #478 GatorFL, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    This username banned, IP match with ///Art. Upon further review, I see this account is doing the same thing Art Bartokis was doing last year when I banned him: shilling EAG for personal gain. Art, please read FerrariChat's rules regarding posting commercial content:

4. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Wow, lol, you really can't make this stuff up.

f355spider and GatorFL like this.
  5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Jordan Takeian attempted to re-register a new user ID in circumvention of his ban. New registration denied. 7-day ban term increased to 14-days.

Users are free to dispute either side of this issue, but must do so according to site rules. That means:

- there can be no flaming, personal attacks, or abuse against another user
    - 1 user ID per person
    - no sock puppets or shills
    - advertising or self-promotion in the discussion forums requires sponsorship

If a user violates the rules they are banned for violating the rules, up to a permanent ban for repeated violations.

I don't know where the number of $2,000 to "get out of jail" came from; but whatever was requested of Art/EAG was the price of sponsorship, not a "bail" or "penalty", in order to do what Art/EAG seems intent on doing, i.e. using this site to gain more customers. Sponsors pay good money for that privilege and it would be unfair to sponsors and the site to allow a company to gain the benefits of sponsorship without that user paying the sponsorship fee that every other sponsor pays.

Note that a company normally does not have to pay a sponsorship fee in order to defend themselves from a bad user review. The majority of companies that post in response to a bad review can do so freely without being sponsors and there are many threads on here like that. If Art/EAG is unable to respond at this time to this bad review, it is because of their own choices in past non-compliance of site rules that creates a situation that disadvantages them now.

Signing up for sponsorship isn't even a pre-requisite for a return from a ban for many companies; they simply have to promise to abide by the site rules and they can be allowed to return to post in a non-commercial way. However, Art/EAG has demonstrated his contempt for site rules about self-promotion by his repeated violations in the past that led to his ban and with the sock puppet account of Phil Jackson he just created. So we require something more of Art/EAG. They have only to contact [email protected] and become a sponsor, so that their account status becomes consistent with their behavior, to be allowed access again.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #481 ttforcefed, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    fwiw art did this last week...

also Phil is actually a real person - Art just sent me his photo id

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Interesting- if he uses same IP might be same building or computer though. This is turning into NCIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    If Art is in communication with Rob/Jack, then Rob/Jack will let us know of any change in Art's status.

If you can forward the photo ID via PM to GatorFL and me, we will take a look at that and reconsider Phil Jackson's ban. If you are in contact with Art, please obtain a declaration of whether Phil Jackson is a customer or employee so we understand why he is using the same IP address. If Art wants to convey that info directly, he can do so to [email protected] and I will see that GatorFL gets that.

brogenville likes this.
  9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    pic of the id emailed to you

10. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I received a picture of Phil Jackson's photo ID along with some information that he is an employee of EAG. So, the perm ban remains in effect since he was promoting his place of employment. No commercial posts unless sponsor.

Flea7, rennspeed and ylshih like this.
  11. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    All of a sudden I love my F1 transmission even more in my new to me 430. With the new price increase and reading all this mess it just sounds like a bunch of drama and I just can’t see spending $25-30k. $20k was doable for me for sure. $10,000 now, and $10,000 at pick would work for me. I get the supply and demand aspect, but for me it’s just not worth it in the end anymore.

I like what Art and my fellow Texans are doing for the 430, however there just seems to be some bad tension with several aspects of the swaps. I will for sure check back in the future, but for now I will step back, sip my cup down and continue paddling my way through my new ownership.

12. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    The drama is a bit much. I'll just continue to enjoy my perfectly converted F430 and sit out the rest of this stuff.

one4torque and Daryl Zernick like this.
  13. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    Well, they said the gates would arrive in two weeks and there has been zero communication in the last two weeks, from anyone at EAG.

I have located an oem gate and am having my own made. Funnier yet is from dropping off the gate (Monday) to completion will be less than 24 hours... Also, unlike what they claimed, it is being made on a simple 3 axis machine and will be less than an hour of run time. It will be perfectly dimensional, in every way, to the oem part (less the logo).

Anywho, since the only hang up was the gate and from the time they get it to completion is 1 day (so they said), I guess I’ll have my car back next week.

Attached Files:

kes7u likes this.
  14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    PPW - good luck man.... I know you are chomping at the bit to drive her again.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    kes7u and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  16. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    #491 PPW, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020

Interesting timing for the post. Would have been nice to have some sort of update before I went to all the lengths I went to and had my own part commissioned... It’s not like it’s been two weeks since I’ve heard from anyone regarding my car that was supposed to be done in 1-3 months from July 4th.

Also, EAG stated these had to be made on a 5 axis machine but based on the photo, are clearly made on a 3 axis (apparent by the top side not being finished, ie also an unfinished part, which is confusing as that’s half an hour of run time to make so why not post finished ones?)

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    All you do is complain

18. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    Yes, I am complaining that:

1. My car is well over the timeline.
    2. The reason for it was apparently a shift gate, which I offered to have made for EAG but they refused to give the machine shop (who would sign an NDA), the information to make it and has caused nearly a two month delay for a part that takes 30 minutes of machine time to make.
    3. Threatens me with a $5,000 unilaterally added fee for “excessive consultation” if I spoke out.
    4. But then when I don’t “bother them” doesn’t communicate in any way, shape, or form for two weeks (which is why I followed up every few days).
    5. Puts on the invoice that my top is broken, yet after I send them a photo of it up they revert their statement and remove it without explanation (happy to post text screen shots).
    6. Lied multiple times about the issues preventing my car from being finished.
    7. Threatened to not work on my car and put all others before it (illegal).
    8. Screamed and cursed at me on the phone.

So let’s just be clear here:

1. I paid them a sum of money for parts on June 15th, that they still don’t have, but could have had (4.5 months later)
    2. I sent my car
    3. I paid for a clutch and throw out bearing, trying to help as I could sense cash flow was an issue.
    4. Waited patiently for months and only started complaining after they refused to let another shop make a part that has caused nearly a 2 month delay.

I feel I have fulfilled my side of the deal.

Do you feel they have fulfilled theirs, acted ethically, and in good faith?

rennspeed and Marcoboxer like this.
  19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Have I complained at all?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    I think your comments speak for themselves as far as your level of bias but this isn’t about that, which is apparent to everyone.

I want my car back and it’s been delayed supposedly due to a part that takes 30 minutes to make when they have been paid for 4.5 months.

Not to mention all the other ethical concerns I outlined that you glossed over.

Enjoy your weekend.

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Weren’t you going to pick it up 2 weeks ago???

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Différent experience doesn’t mean bias! If ttforced is biased then what does that make u?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ive done everything i can to help, thats a fact.

Marcoboxer likes this.
  24. Felix Yuen

Felix Yuen Karting

Sep 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Felix Yuen
    I cant believe I am reading all these drama on a ferrai forum ….. oh good memories on honda-tech. lol

25. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    Well here you go...

That should help the unhappy customer here get an explanation for the delays..

rsmitchell10 likes this.