6 Speed Conversion | Page 11 | FerrariChat

6 Speed Conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by rsmitchell10, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Probably because i told him he’s priced the aftermarket kit too low lol

2. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Id be pissed - how was the money stolen?

3. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    To each their own. I’m assuming he is giving you some type of special deal to hype his business so much?

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Zero. Want to see my amex? Art has been straight with me. Ive been a customer of many shops for 20 yrs.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Im sympathetic towards freddan. Art said he has wired freddan a chunk of the money owed back, as there are international max wire amounts. If anyone here feels like they’ve been slighted by Art im happy to help fix things. As a consumer and a capitalist, I have given art some advice:
    1) over communicate
    2) charge 50% when order is placed and charge the balance upon delivery
    3) raise prices

I have no skin in the game other than the set i ordered.

6. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    I plan on ordering the kit end of year and doing DIY. Anyone else do the same yet?

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    The best scenario-/ these guys build up complete sets. You pay and you get your parts same day.

it takes yrs to build a solid rep. And just 1 bad exp to screw it allup.

The gated drive should be worth the effort.

good luck gents

mathewr likes this.
  8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Same day isnt really necessary- cant even order parts from ferrari like that.

9. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Build up inventory— visit shop and buy a kit.

You bring $$ and you walk out the door w parts

for the non trusting types

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yep thats fair. I like giving people shots. Did it with Dan at bradan when he first came on the scene. 11 yrs later we have had a great relationship. Same with p1. The world is a big place. Plenty of room for everyone. Seems like a cple peeps wanna see Art crucified. He has been straight with me and i think this community is better off having him in it rather than out of it.

11. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    So if you speak well of an experience and delivered product you're somehow being compensated to hype the business? No compensation here...I got the parts price advertised on his site and the labor quote in my initial invoice. If I had had a crappy result then my story on here might be different...but that's not the case. If you had a different experience feel free to share some detail. Proof for me is the outcome not someone else's conjecture. Image Unavailable, Please Login

brogenville likes this.
  12. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I personally like the looks and sounds of this operation. I would likely never convert my car to a standard, but if something really weird happened and the economics made some sense, I sure might consider using these guys to do the operation!

13. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Seems that, unless you drop your car off to EAG, is the only way you'll possibly get a good experience, or even remotely good.

Freddan + I both sent him money, for a kit, but never got anything out of it.

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Did you get a refund?

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Which kit dod you order, oem or aftermarket? If oem how can anyone ***** and moan? We all know what its like ordering low production parts from ferrari.

16. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    No, don’t need to see your Amex. If I’m reading right you haven’t received your parts yet so it just struck me as a bit odd.

I hope everything works out for everyone, but reading that a few people had to do chargebacks is a bit unsettling. I’m semi-local to this operation and interested, but if the price is already going up before parts are produced, then I’ll wait and see what other options come available.

Toonfosi likes this.
  17. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    It´s been around 4 weeks for me and @ttforcefed. Art @ EAG mentioned 4-6 weeks delivery time. These two cases with the charge backs have both been about the OEM parts. The aftermarket parts have not been an issue.

18. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Pretty sure the only way oem parts are avail are from wrecks.

no way I would collect money from customers on parts that I don’t have in hand ... just leads to trouble.

gl all in your gated quests

mathewr likes this.
  19. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Appears from the pics above that it won’t be long until I have a rare F1 430. ;)

Having said that, I’ll be following the DIY folks to see how it goes. Might be interested in a year or two.

Marcoboxer likes this.
  20. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I ordered an OEM one. The last kit in stock. The kit that Art said was 100% ready to ship, the moment I paid. The Kit I waited 1-Year for, and then had countless "reasons" as to why it didn't ship yet, was always "going to ship very soon", and suddenly "improving my parts", which sure, was a welcome addition, but don't lie to me and tell me it's ready to ship, when it's not, just to get me to pay first.

There were no parts he had to order from Ferrari, because he said it was already IN STOCK.

21. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    My best friend have a F430 spider and he ordered the OEM kit. Art told him it was the last kit available and everything. Ever heard that story before?

My friend payed the asking price, this was back in January 2020 and here we are now - Private detectives, lawyer etc later...

Me and my friend talk on daily basis, first question when we talk on the phone is Always "any news about Art" or "heard from the lawyer"
    This has been a painful and an emotional hard journey and process during the whole year.

The cost of private detectives and lawyers does not come cheap but well worth it to try get anything back.

Just like becausephilchow says, a variation of lies all the time and nothing happens.

Last we heard from the lawyer was that he had 9 lawsuits only in one state (not sure if I've got that right but you get the point)
    Meaning that my friend is (in best cenario) placed 10:th place in getting his money back.. = not gonna happen.

Art is a criminal, that is 100% pure fact. what's irritate me the most is people like normal guy supercar and other forum members that teams up with this guy and by that - promote and support his ongoing criminal activity.

Phil is located in Hong Kong and we are in Sweden... you do the math, there is no chance we can come by visit this guy. Art know this, of course his not gonna rip he's neighbour of that rolls by the shop every day to se the progress with he's car.

22. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik

Thats true, (beside it was my friend) 7000 USD is recently wired back (about 10-14 days ago)

Should also mention that this wire was done after my friend was in contact with normal guy supercar in wich stated that he did not want to have anything to do with this matter, So we don´t know what has happened if Dan talked to Art etc... but 7000 is refund to my friend.

nothing more is received yet.

TTforced: if you can help out in any way, me and my friend is more than happy. Thank you.

23. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    Correction: 7500 USD was sent (not 7000)

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Sure i will chat with him later today.

brogenville likes this.
  25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hey guys - been a busy day but just spent an hour talking to Art.

@becausephilchow - Art owned up to having made mistakes and he feels terrible about how things went down. He asked me to apologize to you. According to Art, you successfully issued a chargeback and have been fully reimbursed, pls let me know if that is in fact accurate.

@Freddan - Art fully intends on reimbursing your friend back. I will DM you my phone number so we can correspond if in case you find it helpful.

Fwiw, Art has shown me nothing but humility and transparency. Like many small business owners launching a business and growing it is a struggle. Art has not pointed the finger once and takes full responsibility for everything from ultra poor communication to poor inventory management. Also like many small business who end up with a hot product that explodes, Art said he didnt not have adequate infrastructure to efficiently manage the process. He is 100% working his ass off (literally 24 hours a day) trying to clear the existing pipeline and he has added the necessary systems to accurately manage the inventory production and management sides. I have told Art he can postpone by personal kit as i dont need it anytime soon and i'm happy to allow him some air and help clear the existing pipeline for you guys that are "stuck". I genuinely trust that Art is being sincere with me. I asked him some very hard/emotional questions and he answered all of them to my satisfaction.