6 hours @ the Glen | Page 2 | FerrariChat

6 hours @ the Glen

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Anthony James, Jun 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    No just 2 drivers

I' don't know. All I know is at VIR when it was 90F I was basically heat stroked after 50 minutes.

Multimatic who builds the Mustang GT4 said they would consider it but didnt think enough people would pay ofr the option. The window has a 3" disc that angles out to give some ventilation when the car is moving. FIA rules say GT4 cars must have windows up.

Gran Drewismo likes this.
  2. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    Aston has been quite successful at the Glen in Continental. I'm so looking forward to this event. The new pavement is awsome.

3. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
  4. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    The new pavement is indeed awesome, I raced on it in April. Much more grip, no bumps. The only weird thing is some grooving/bumps on the seams on the back straight. Can be weird at 150 mph....

5. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

Happy to pass along the full files if they are interested. I also have shots from Daytona this year in addition to Mid-Ohio and will obviously be at The Glen this weekend as well.

Anthony James likes this.
  6. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    Forecast 98F on Sat for the 4 hour Conti race, 101F on Sun for the 6 Hour WeatherTech. Cars and drivers and spectators are going to be burning up!

7. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    It's hot. Surprisingly not to humid. The driver's will earn it tomorrow.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Geez, that move that the #99 car put on Montoya on the last restart was amazing. The Red Dragon is back!

9. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    That was awesome.

10. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    What an amazing and HOT weekend. According to my fitbit I walked 26 miles over the course of the weekend. I am not sure if I believe that, but it was a lot.

I am really curious to hear more about the #29 Audi. Between them parking the car yesterday, and the penalties at Daytona, I have a hard time imagining they will ever be back.

11. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    didn't see the race-my VPN wasn't working and I don't have cable, so couldn't watch. so I went to the beach instead.

good to see the P2 cars have a fair fight with the DPi's for a change.

didn't hear about the #29 penalty-what happened? from what I saw on twitter post-race, a lot of people were pissed about poor driving standards.

12. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    They were given a penalty for working on their car in a closed pit lane. They protested by not serving the penalty and were given another penalty on top of it. They then decided to park the car because there was only 15 minutes or so left in the race.

It sounds like they were screwed pretty hard in Daytona but the rules are pretty clear about working on a car in a closed pit lane. I'm curious to hear more of the story.

As far as this race goes, it was EASILY one of the best motorsports races of 2018. 100% entertainment start to finish which is quite a feat given it was a 6 hour race in nearly 100 degree weather. If IMSA doesn't **** up BoP moving forward, we are in for one hell of a season moving forward.

Anthony James and GuyIncognito like this.
  13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I still wish there were Ferraris in GTLM.....

14. #39 lorenzobandini, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  15. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    There has to be more to the story from Land. Otherwise it appears as though they threw a temper tantrum, and packed up their toys and went home.

Magnus of course had a great response.. https://www.facebook.com/RacingMagnus/photos/a.159649650821072.31140.110504152402289/1735542319898456/?type=3&theater

16. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I like Magnus, but come on, they finished 12th in class and are now in 10th place overall in GTD. At this point being TOP AUDI is like being the tallest midget.

17. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I don't think they meant that to be a serious race report.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  18. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I'm not sure Magnus Racing have ever done a serious race report. They probably wouldn't even know where to start.

19. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Lots of analysis online over the timing of the FCY and the light system for closing the pits vs. the position and timing of the various cars entering pitlane. Land were not the only ones guilty of the offense.

20. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    And that is why we love them

RWatters likes this.
  21. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Canada picked up where Watkins left off. Another awesome race!

22. Agreed. It was a pretty competitive and entertaining weekend all around...IMSA, F1, IndyCar, and NASCAR. :)

23. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ky1e likes this.