5th Annual Mason Dixon Rally | Page 12 | FerrariChat

5th Annual Mason Dixon Rally

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, May 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #276 rcraig, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The mysterious duo from north slink thru the pits exuding confidence and bravado, but prepared to do anything (including running an unsuspecting opponent into a swamp. never to be heard from again) for the victory and to take home that much sought after clock.
    There were rumors quietly circulating the pits that a spot had been cleared over the mantle.
    Also overheard in hushed tones was talk of a recently suffered shoulder injury, possibly putting it all at risk. Bravely shaking off the injury ( and flying in his private masseuse from Thailand on his private jet to work on the shoulder ) the brave warrior took to the saddle.
    With a steely look of determination , spinning wheels and a Kiss tape bellowing from the custom installed 8 track thru the large living room wooden cabinet speakers hidden in the boot the White Knight persevered to bring home the victory.
    Overheard from the crowd as he strutted up to receive the elegant award for first place, " Thank God for the survival of this Brave, Brave lad."
    And so a legend is born.
    He was seen later nervously scampering around the grounds of the mansion talking on his I-phone lining up a new beautiful steed for next years eagerly awaited competition.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    A photographer AND a story teller!!! WOW what a talent. This thread is so telling of the special privilege that is to know you knuckle heads. Jon in Delaware

3. djblu

djblu Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2007
    philthy
    Full Name:
    sean-michael
    It was awesome to have such great weather for an equally great day! Despite being behind the pick up truck and mini van slowing us down to be in the pack with the symphony of sound was just awesome. The one thing that sticks out in my memory about the rally this year is the people who without this rally would just not be as fun. You are a super bunch and the cars are top notch! thanks everyone for coming out and sharing. Jon u have done it again!

ps... my car lost its ezl on the way home :( BUT it has happened before and i got an extra one a year ago so she is going to be fixed today! THANK heavens for the rain.

4. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Jon, thanks for a great event. Don't know how you do it year after year!! Thanks to Bob, Sean and everyone else who helped organize.

Loved the mile long driveway at the end -- maybe we could organized our own little mid-Atlantic Goodwood.

- Eric (Ferrari 348)

5. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    #280 SATedeschi, Sep 12, 2010
    Another wonderful event with the most excellent of friends. I can't thank everyone enough for contributing Jon, Bob, Sean, the owners of the mansion, the charity and of course all those that made the rally fun our friends, cars and roads.

I decided to add a pic not of one of our cars but what really made the event special our friends. It's great to see everyone at least once a year. These two knuckle heads represent all of you. Thank you for letting me be a part of this event.

By the way I really like the work Nathan did with his gorgeous 360. There is real competition for the best car photo. Bob what a great idea.

6. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Great picture of Bob and Jon - great people, great friends, great event. Thanks, guys.

7. 2002 Silver-V

2002 Silver-V Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve N.
    #282 2002 Silver-V, Sep 12, 2010
  8. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
    You're vey welcome Ryan- I can't believe it's actually considered a 4 seater- wheelbase is only ~3.5" more than a Maranello- but somehow you fit. I won't mention that the driver was supported by 2 navigators AND 2 GPS but we still got lost TWICE getting back to Jon's starting point.

Cheers!

9. Mike550M

Mike550M Karting

May 9, 2007
    Westchester,PA
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    Jon,as always "top notch".Thanks again everyone for a terrific event.The pictures are awesome.

10. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Nice touches...Pops shot or yours?

11. 2002 Silver-V

2002 Silver-V Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve N.
    Mine actually :). You and pops are rubbing off on me.

12. 2002 Silver-V

2002 Silver-V Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve N.
  13. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Nice shots! Just wait till we get you an SLR camera!

14. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks for a great event Jon, and drive Bob. Estella and I had an excellent time yesterday. It was great to see everyone again.

15. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
    Hello All

I wanted to thank everyone to making the trip down to Bracebridge Hall and supporting the Heroes Helping Heroes charity. From the first time I signed on to FerrariChat I have been blown away by the generosity of the good folks in this community. To get to meet everyone in person yesterday and getting to see all those tremendous cars in one spot (not a bad spot on the water by the way) was really special.

Thank you to Jon and Bob for welcoming me into the community and helping organize yesterday's event. It exceeded my expectations 100,000% percent.

I also wanted to pass on a big "thank you" from the two property owners. This is only the second event ever hosted at the house and it was good for them to see people actually enjoying the estate and surrounding property. (I agree the driveway itself could be a good time trial event). I spoke to them after the event and they said they are definitely open to hosting future events. Just PM me and I can put you in touch with them.

Thank you again to everyone!!!

Dave

Dave Fizer
    [email protected]
    302-521-2933

16. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    We missed the turn to the Mansion and went down to the next plantation that had welcoming Balloons. After we drove down a little ways and got The Beast filthy dirty we realized we were in the wrong place. When we got to the Mansion the BBQ guy said he did the same thing :) But we think the pictures were worth a wrong turn!
    Thanks for taking our picture it did turn out great! Jennifer says she looks forward to attending more events and she really enjoyed the event.

17. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
  18. tasty348

tasty348 Karting

Jan 13, 2006
    Ocean City, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Christopher and Amy
    #293 tasty348, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    Sorry we missed everyone. The 512 decided to misbehave this week and we have not determined the cause yet. We were hoping to get the longest distance driven award. Looks like another great event Jon. Amy and I were just talking about how cold it was for the first Mason Dixon Run. You guys had probably the best weather yet this year.

19. FerrariGator

FerrariGator Rookie

Mar 20, 2010
    #294 FerrariGator, Sep 12, 2010
    Here's my 2 pics for entry from the drive...view is from my car (black Gallardo). Seeing those planes land while following the Scuderia was so cool!

And the shot with the 'old school' horse/buggy transportation right next to the 'new school' horse/buggy transportation ( ;) ) was just too good a moment to pass up!

Michael (black Gallardo)

20. Monto

Monto Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2009
    Love this picture. Everything is black and white, except my car.

21. Kevinw23

Kevinw23 Karting

Aug 18, 2007
    #296 Kevinw23, Sep 12, 2010
  22. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    There are some really nice shots being posted people. Keep them coming. I love the One of Bob and Myself. How can i get that on sent to me via email? [email protected]
    Jon in Delaware

23. idrive_MD

idrive_MD Rookie

Sep 13, 2010
    Belcamp, MD
    Full Name:
    Lester
    I had an amazing time with you all, it was a pleasure to be apart of this. I am the driver of the Infiniti G35 that was there, the only Japan Import. This was my first MDR, so I hope to join along with the future events and I definitely am open to other gatherings as well.

I am working on the pictures I took, so expect to see them by the end of the day hopefully (I have a lot of license plates to elminate).

Here's at least one of my G35:
    [​IMG]

24. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    What a great pic of Jon very cleaver

25. Pearlcoupeg35

Pearlcoupeg35 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007