5th Annual Mason Dixon Rally | FerrariChat

5th Annual Mason Dixon Rally

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, May 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I just wanted everyone to mark the date. The 5th Annual Mason Dixon rally date is set. This year will be a different theme as is every year. This year we will hold the event on September 11th...that date should ring a bell
    We are going to have the event benefit the Heros helping Hero's foundation. Appropriate considering the date dont you think?
    Another twist is the rally as is typical with this event will be ending with a Concourse. However it will be unlike any Concourse you have attended. This concourse is called the
    "Driven to Excellence" Concourse. To qualify for the Rally and Concourse your car must have a verified odometer reading of 1500 miles per year the car has been on this earth. Yes that is right you must have or someone must have driven your car 1500 miles per year. You also must also successfully complete the Rally in this same car. So...its a Concourse for Non-Garage Queens. Not to disregard the importants of other Concourse rules just that I feel there needs to be a Concourse for the drivers among us. The rally will end here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qeO9YbyFHM

Since this event is rather exclusive and I plan to add much more in the way of "special features" to this rally it is by invitation only. You can submit your request to me by PM. I will select the cars that can attend. I can assure you if you drove in one of the previous four Mason Dixon rallies and you meet the mileage requirement your request will be granted. More to come but stay tuned this is going to be special!!! Jon in Delaware

2. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Uggh, I guess I am out. When I got my car almost three years ago she only had a verified 14k on the clock. She now Has almost 21k, but I can't make up for the sins of the last owners :(

3. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #3 turbos7903, May 7, 2010
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
    You are doing your best I hear!! There is always a need for a Navigator!! Jon in Delaware
    PS if I dont drive my car another 1500 miles before the event I wont qualify to be in my own Rally!! Previous owners and their Garage Queen attitudes :(

Uggh, I guess I am out. When I got my car almost three years ago she only had a verified 14k on the clock. She now Has almost 21k, but I can't make up for the sins of the last owners

4. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Woo Hoo! I am in! Well, at least my mileage qualifies @ 1636/year.

Jon - I realize that you are very busy and planning this event will only add to it. Therefore I am willing to sacrifice some of my time to put a few miles on the Scud for you. I only offer this as my car has met the requirement and it would be a shame that you miss your own rally. :)

Hmmm - a business trip to Boston is upcoming. The Scud would probably get me there faster than a plane. Imagine the sound of that car in the tunnels under the city...

CC

5. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'm around 7 to 8 thousand per year, per car. Besides being fun as I rack them up, these miles also get me into cool events, like the Mason Dixon Rally. Yes!

6. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Curtis what I have always loved about you is like me Altruism is your number one character trait. Your the man....

7. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    48,XXX/15 = 3,200 whoohooo! I qualify! That said, unfortunately, I expect to be traveling that weekend. Doh!

8. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Wait, which car are we talking about? 21K miles?

9. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Jon, Maybe you can make some exceptions , but we will all get to ridicule them and they will have to drive the whole day with a special Garage Queen crown.
    Hell the Joe's might do that anyway.
    Or they could just get bonus points or something if the mileage qualifies.

Bob

10. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    OK rule change!!! The car must have clocked 1500 miles per year since you bought it. Honesty is the best policy!!! Be ready to prove it at the event in case your asked :)
    Jon in Delaware

11. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ha. No problem. Just pm'd you, I have kept a diary of every mile driven, where and when. Never mess with OCD!

12. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    Is the event open to non-Ferrari? In the alternative, can us non-Ferrari folks come for the Rally but not be judged for the concours?

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    The event is open to all Marques. The catch is you have to submit by PM for an invitation. There has always been a fine representation of BMW autos in the Rally. Jon in Delaware

14. Gofastgirl

Gofastgirl Rookie

May 3, 2010
    Glad you revised the rules...it didn't seem right to punish the REAL drivers for the sins of earlier owners. It's great there's finally a concours for cars that are used to living free in their natural, road-based habitat.

Can't wait to see what new features develop on this event.

GO FAST!

15. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
    Is Acura considered a Marques? Probably not. Although I do have 211,000 miles on the TL so it would qualify on that front. I'm with Curtis - if anyone needs miles put on their cars to qualify for the event, I will generously donate my time and suffer thru driving the chosen exotic to the office.

16. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Dave - I don't know, those Acurrari TLs are pretty hot cars, we have one. And yours is the right color, White!

CC

17. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I have no problem meeting the requirements for this...hummm

18. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Yes....now lets bring out the drivers among us!

19. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    You two should just get a room.

20. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

guess i will need to drive the Model A???

21. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #21 JoeZaff, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
    You are probably joking, but its an awesome idea! I would love to be your navigator! Please seriously consider it.

22. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Lets all help Joe Macchione put 1000 miles in the next five months on the Scud!!! He wants to do it I know he does! Jon in the Scud chasing Joe M.

23. DaveFizer

DaveFizer Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    Landenberg, PA
    Full Name:
    Dave Fizer
    Jon in the Scud chasing Joe M......chasing the two white hot TLs!

24. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Can I ask how this will be to the benefit of the Heroes Helping Heroes foundation or is that a secret only to be revealed at the end of the rally?

25. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I would love to see Zaff in period costume for this. Picture him with the overalls and pitchfork.

You're assuming that he's going to own the Scud in five months!