599 Radio Replacement | FerrariChat

599 Radio Replacement

Discussion in '612/599' started by Vito, Aug 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    I'm considering replacing the stock radio in my 2008 599 with a better unit, something that is more user friendly for example. I've been told that there's a Clarion unit that will fit perfectly but I don't know which model of Clarion that might be. Any suggestions? Also, what are your thoughts on the Clarion units as a whole and any suggestions for installers in south east NY - north of NYC? Thanks

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

All I can say is that if I paid $350K for my '08 599 when it was new with this totally SUCK radio in it, I think I would have driven the car through the dealer's front window!

3. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    In my 599 GTB, i installed a Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB by myself.

Easy job, just plug and play.
    Much much better sound quality.

USB, BT Music from my iPhone with auto connect, Phone, .....
    I have that Pioneer in my 550 also.

Daniel

4. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    On the Pioneer you installed, is the CD Player still useable from the car? Also, do the buttons on the back of the steering wheel still work with the new radio??

Thanks,
    Ken Goldman
    [email protected]

5. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Hi Ken

No, no CD player
    and
    No, no Steering wheel buttons

Check if you can get a CanBus connection for the 599.

but now you can hear music in good quality.

Daniel

6. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I replaced my OEM radio / navigation with the Porsche Classic Radio. Single DIN size so fits nicely behind the flip down door, current technology. No disco lights!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

brogenville likes this.
  7. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    old thread, but this is nuts, the Porsche classic radio will work in the Ferrari? i guess since beckers work why not this one..did you do anything to hack the start screen of the Porsche classic radio or does it still start up with the Porsche logo? Thinking about doing this to my 550, it has that Sony ferrari unit which is garbage

8. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    A highly rated shop in the Bay Area (CME - Custom Mobile Electronics) did the install. They painted over the Porsche script so you don’t see the branding. My car was equipped with the Bose system with the cd changer in the trunk. This radio does not talk to the changer but I never used if beforehand.

9. Justin Hughes

Justin Hughes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2020
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Full Name:
    Hughesie
    I replaced mine with this - its mega, needed a bit of work to customise the cage to1.5 and a bit of carbon t hide it, install was less than £500.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. IcemanWlkp

IcemanWlkp Karting

Oct 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marek Orli
    Does the installation of another radio involve the purchase of a cable adapter? What about the subwoofer, microphone, GPS antenna. Does anyone have a description of sockets and radio installation?
    I am thinking about the assembly of the Pioneer SPH-EVO93DAB 9 ", but the question is how much of the original equipment will work together, best regards