599 primary cat converters location | FerrariChat

599 primary cat converters location

Discussion in '612/599' started by odf911, Aug 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Can someone help me locate the primary cat converter on the 599 exhaust diagram. Also does anyone know if the Tubi test pipes for the 599 are in replacement of the secondary cat pipes (same as Fabspeed)? Thank you for answering.

2. Luigient

Luigient Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Lloyd
    Yes the Tubi Test Pipes do the same as the Fabspeed Secondary Cat Bypass. They simply bolt in place of the cats shown as items 22 and 23 in the Front Exhaust System diagram for the 599 GTB.

3. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Hi Luigient thank you for the answer. For some reason Tubi is a lot cheaper than the competition ... not sure why, maybe steel or build quality? Though Tubi is literally next door to Ferrari in Fiorano so they should be top notch ... Anyone knows?

4. Luigient

Luigient Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Lloyd
    I got and fitted the Tubi pipes to my 599 last year. The steel and build quality is excellent.

5. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Are you happy with the sound and did you notice any power / torque increase?

6. Luigient

Luigient Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Lloyd
    The car sounds great. Not sure the neighbours would say that when I go for early morning runs though;) When the exhaust valves are closed you don't notice much difference but with them open there's plenty of the go fast sound. I've bypassed the valves and leave them open all the time.
    There is meant to be some power increase but I can't say it's noticeable.

7. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    thanks for sharing, I think I will do the same in a few weeks. I was considering Fabspeed but no one does it in Europe and Tubi is half the price ... not sure I will bypass yhe exhaust valves though ...

8. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    When installing the replacement pipes is there anything else to do or hook up? Are all the O2 sensors upstream?

9. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    No, nothing other to do.
    All sensors are before the pipes.

Daniel

10. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    So technically, they replace the primary cats even though they call them a secondary cat bypass. Having said that, it won't throw any CELs so it isn't an issue.

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- Affirmative, those are the primary cats. "Secondary Cats" is marketing lingo. Precats and secondary cats? No.

Skidkid likes this.