599 pre purchase inspection shows need for new ceramics | Page 2 | FerrariChat

599 pre purchase inspection shows need for new ceramics

Discussion in '612/599' started by SE16, Jun 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Another plausible theory for the CCB's being worn that much with only 26k kms on them - the electronic / digital odometer could have been fraudulently digitally reflashed to indicate a lower mileage!

Might sound like a fool's theory but it has happened at least a few times at a Ferrari Palm Beach dealership in Florida. It was a huge scandal where folks were suing and countersuing each other according to newspaper report plus there was a huge state court and federal investigation conducted to determine who was the guilty party: the car owner (it was a 2015 LaFerrari) who allegedly requested it (to sell his car for a higher price?), the Ferrari salesperson (who got fired!), the Service Manager who authorized the change, or the technician who performed the change, or all or none of the above.

Florida Lawsuit Alleges Ferrari Dealer Rolled Back Mileage ...https://www.caranddriver.com › news › florida-lawsuit-all...

Ferrari does have an electronic tool that can be used to reset the odometer's mileage when an occasion / failure requires a car's TFT instrument panel to be fully replaced by a new one! To meet DOT rules, the new instrument panel must be reset to the damaged/failed last reported mileage.

Ferrari Admits To Knowingly Allowing Dealers To Change ...https://jalopnik.com › ferrari-admits-to-knowingly-allowi...

2. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    Ferrari checks and if they see a need for your CCM DISC REPLACEMENT is a problem you can't avoid get a solution wich is NEW CARBO CERAMIC ROTORS INTALLED AND CODES CLEARED...
    IF that is needed the average mileage where it shows up for Ferrari computer evaluating that is at 50/60 000 Kilometers max 70 000 Kilometers the algorithm who checks that only cames out at that mileage independent of what mileages shows on your dashboard/ or are is programed in your dashboard ... :)

3. Justin Hughes

Justin Hughes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2020
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Full Name:
    Hughesie

Attached Files:

• FW.jpg
      FW.jpg
      File size:
      119.4 KB
      Views:
    Immo, 246 and 599_GTO like this.
  4. Justin Hughes

Justin Hughes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2020
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Full Name:
    Hughesie
    Mine was on 66k miles, & were originals.

5. Justin Hughes

Justin Hughes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2020
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Full Name:
    Hughesie
    As an aside, mine were worn, but not to the point they needed immediate replacement, i replaced mine as the rear left exploded due to the bolts failing that hold the floating discs to the hub - the bolts are made of mild steel, and so corrode from inside out. So on a track session they heated up to the point they catastrophically failed.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what do new rotors cost these days? it's not $10k each like 10 years ago right?

7. Justin Hughes

Justin Hughes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2020
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Full Name:
    Hughesie
    £2.6k + VAT in the UK per corner

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thanks. oem or aftermarket?

9. Justin Hughes

Justin Hughes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2020
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Full Name:
    Hughesie
    OEM, Carbodisk were 12k euro's and you cant get ST's in 599 size unless you use the 430 challenge kit

ttforcefed likes this.
  10. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Gents,

Would anyone know of a source to purchase just the hex head nuts that retain the Brembo CCB rotors on 599's?

Last year, I entered my '11 599HGTE for judging at a Ferrari Concours and car was only awarded Gold. Majority of the hex head nuts on my CCB exhibited some corrosion / rust. :eek: Arrggh! :(

Apparently, this phenomenon is more common than I previously thought because I had read earlier posts of similar complaints on the 430/360 forum, yet no follow through solutions were offered then.

Brembo should've used stainless steel material for those nuts but instead used 'cheap' carbon steel base material painted with ineffective corrosion-resistant paint. Typical skimping on cost as dictated by accountants!

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks mates.