599 HGTE or F12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

599 HGTE or F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by stan996turbo, Nov 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gpa2345

gpa2345 Rookie

Mar 6, 2017
    Geneva
    Full Name:
    George Psarianos
    I own a '09 black 'factory' HGTE and have driven many F12s. The HGTE is the last and best of the 'old school' v12s whereas the F12 is the first of the 'new gen' of v12s. HGTE feels 'classic' and the F12 'modern'. Depends on what you enjoy the most: the 599 HGTE feels 'classically special' and offers a bigger sense of occasion for weekend drives. The HGTE alcantara interior with the logo on the seats is a great place to be.

of2worlds and ScottS like this.
  2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    What he said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    F12 ... I am an 599 HGTE owner

ffanl and of2worlds like this.
  4. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I put over 20,000 Kms on both and the F12 was far more accomplished, the gearbox is light years ahead, the traction control is more modern and sophisticated and it had a heap more mechanical grip.

Also the 599 is a big car.... very big.

I had a couple of very dangerous moments in the 599 when it literally tried to kill me and to get all of that extra weight back was a monumental feat.

Interesting point. My 599 had F12 license plates before the F12 was even announced!

Would I buy another 599 yes 100%. I think they are gorgeous and an amazing GT car. Plus they are cheap.

Would I buy another F12. 100%.... I will have another for sure and it will be a long, long termer!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

May the Horse be with you

5. ffanl

ffanl Rookie

Apr 22, 2017
    poland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    So, today a month has passed since I picked up my f12. I have a few more things to say in this thread. I hadn't seen it before when I was driving the rental sometimes. i'm 191cm/6.26 ft. Main disadvantage is that In f12 you have less space for the legs in comfort seats than a hgte seats in 599. I was wondering to change them to race seats but 63k usd operation is unworth it. Other is crappy audio, bose from 599 was amazing comparing to this. Of course indicator on the steering wheel :/. But it's only three cons. Front lift, bumpy road mode, screaming stock exhaust, moving sideways body when you rev it on neutral, damn this it was what i want. Honestly, I can drive it daily with smile. Especially looking at full carbon exterior package ;p Suspension is much more gentle.
    I think this trade was worth the money.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LVP488 and Bobby_P like this.