599/612: Owners Manual Trunk Straps; Real Leather Reproduction. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

599/612: Owners Manual Trunk Straps; Real Leather Reproduction.

Discussion in '612/599' started by 360modena2003, Dec 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lawteam

lawteam Karting

May 15, 2009
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Full Name:
    Evan Fetterman
    I'm glad I was able to find these. Using a string should work to route the new straps through tied to the old ones, however I had no problem removing the panel and then it was very easy. Nice to have real leather to match the rest of the car.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. BobH

BobH F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Robert H
    The removal of the panel is simple. Two 7mm screw heads and one snap connector. The strap runs between a rubber/sponge/? insulator and the panel. The straps may need a little manipulation to get it through the sponge buffer but nothing dramatic. I had no problem feeding the straps through and replacing the panel.

3. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    It's six screws and does not need to be completely removed.

4. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Installed mine and it looks great. As stated, no need to remove the panel. Remove two screws, pull trunk seal above panel and pull to center and rearward. I pulled the foam away from the panel to install the straps and used gorilla duct tape to hold in place for reinstall. Done.

5. Tschim

Tschim Rookie

Sep 26, 2021
    Hi, Are any of these straps still available? Thanks