'59 196S Fantuzzi...on Craigslist?! | FerrariChat

'59 196S Fantuzzi...on Craigslist?!

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by thecheddar, Jul 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    #1 thecheddar, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A '59 196S Fantuzzi Spyder on Craigslist?! Hmmm...

Presumably a recreation, given the absence of a serial number, "stalled-in-progress" body, Fiat Dino motor and "Cobra" rear-end. But the chassis? I wouldn't know one if it bit me so I figured I'd post. If it's a complete recreation, please move thread to appropriate "recreation" sub-thread.

1959 Ferrari 196S Fantuzzi Dino Spyder barn find

Would love to know the story on this. I'm sure it'd be a ball when completed, regardless of authenticity.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #2 miurasv, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  3. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The chassis in the last engine compartment photo is from an E-type complete with torsion bars.

Cheers Jim

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Someone spent lots of money to this point, but there is still lots to be done...

A replica for sure, not well done, but a great amount of effort into it. To replicatethisnwouldnbe an expensive proposition, I am surprised they don't show more pics of thenDino engine.....

5. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    Yep, just looked around and discovered the E-type chassis match. Doesn't look like this was a cheap endeavor but still far from correct.

Moderator, please redirect to "recreations" and apologies for posting in the main forum. Thanks!