£5800 Zymol wax used on Murcie today!! - Pics | Page 2 | FerrariChat

£5800 Zymol wax used on Murcie today!! - Pics

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by simon355, Aug 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    James no matter how much doh I had I would always do my own polishing:D

2. G7RYE

G7RYE Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    Ackworth
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah, but £5800? thats almost a service for 12 cylinders....

3. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    :) Not where I take it :)

4. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Ray

It was lent to him by Zymol specifically for the Evo piece, but I know he is so impressed Im sure there will be some in the back of his car before long.

5. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    It sure looks great on your car Simon Bye the way well done for useing it so much even though its a Lambo i do enjoy following it progress in the mags hahahahahaahah Enzo next maybe ??

RAY360M

6. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    I reckon somewhere between 60 - 80 coverings , but we're trying to get them to agree to one top up.

7. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    I have been offered the chance to be the first Zymol detailer in the UK to get the wax
    But if I can get some of this , It will only be offered to existing customers as top ups or to new customers as a 12 month package i.e initial application + 3 top ups or initial application plus 11 top ups.
    Being completely honest with everyone on F-chat , I would need some help with it.I haven't got the £6k lying around and the man from HSBC, he said no! but he did turn up in an H reg fiesta , so I knew he wouldn't get it :D.
    So I would be relying on advance orders to get it in the first place.
    I am, as we speak though,putting together some ideas on how best to go about it , I think that I should maybe include maintaining the leather seats /interior as part of a deal as they often get overlooked,

If any one has any opinions/ advice on maintenance packages/contracts and marketing ideas please add them , I would appreciate any feedback,because if I do go for this ,I have to make sure that I get it right first time.
    I think from a customers point of view , apart from the cars looking amazing there is a big arguement that it would seriously protect the value of the car, how many of you would or indeed have paid over the odds for a car because it was in good condition ? Plus I think what would be saved in depreciation would more than pay for a 12 month maintenance programme any way.
    I would of course offer a good discount to existing customers and F-chat members who would be willing to help get this up and running.
    Let me know your thoughts guys !!!
    Cheers
    Davie B

8. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    So about 70 quid plus per application is the cost. Assuming you don't drop any :)

I think you first step should be to list the advantages of using it (in an honest way, showing your experiences. Not the miracle claims manufacturers usually list). I.E. Does it make it easier to clean? How long does the aesthetic affect last? Does it provide any protection for the paint work? etc.

I'll be honest my expertise about washing and cleaning products extends about as far as a sponge and water :) Think you could make it work if you could sell the virtues to lazy people like me.

9. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Dave I'm definetly interested in the yearly maintenance programme with that wax.

Can you get the Royale wax in time for my car in two weeks?

10. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    It seems the 1 important bit about cleaning the car is to get the wax from the tin and onto the car! Your maths assumes that Dave loves his job so much that he doesn't actually charge anything for the 12 hours he spends applying the stuff!

PS if I'm wrong....will you do all my cars for 70 quid a go please Dave?:D

11. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    #

dave how far north are you prepared to travel

12. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    On a more serious note - would you do any cars?
    Putting mine on the market to upgrade and want it looking better than new.

I know its nothing special - but hey, its my car!

13. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    LOL. By cost I meant cost to him, not what he would charge.

14. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    Steve, I have clients in East Fife, how far north are you ?

15. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    OK Sy thats great news, providing I can get enough support there will be a four week period , while they produce it and ship it, but I can always do it first in vintage then come over and apply the Royale on delivery

16. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Excellent!!!

17. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B

Zymol (for those who don't know) forms a shell over the paintwork, protecting it from bird droppings , salt , tar , acid rain , road grime etc. it also greatly enhances the cars colour and leaves a shine which is awesome, I'm sure the regular Zymol users will back me up on that.
    I apply the Zymol Vintage (£1500 a tub) which on an every day car, unmaintained , the shine should last about 3 months (unless you get Dave Jones senior to wash it :D:D:D), the protection about 12.
    It is designed as a long term system so the more top ups you apply, the better the shine/protection you get.
    it without a doubt makes the car easier to wash and once the initial application is done , its very easy to maintain and improve.
    Zymol vintage up untill lately was the best one you could use, and I honestly didn't think you'd ever improve on it.
    But the difference with the royal wax is unbelievable , not just in shine and protection but in how it enhances the colour/finish of the car,I'm genuinely stuck for words on how to describe it.
    As I said before I'm relying on advance orders to get the whole thing up and running , I've had some excellent feedback and I'm already half way there with advance orders.
    So If I can get it going I'll be charging around £450 for an initiall application and £200 for one off top ups, but I think the best way to go with it will be to do the 12 month/quarterly programmes which will be £2000 for initial app + 11 top ups or £850 for app + 3.
    Regular customers will be entitled to a 25% discount.
    For anyone willing to help me get it started , I have reduced the price even more but I won't go into too much detail because I dont want to P*** the moderators off , so if your interested give me a bell 07970 713062 or PM me,
    Cheers
    Davie B
    P.S. Lee , I do other cars , not just ferrari's , in fact I'm doing a ford fiesta next week, not the kind man from HSBC's though he can take his down the car wash :D

18. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    There is only one problem with the Royale wax Dave..because it looks so fantastic I have'nt had the Murcie out since you did it cos (very unlike me) I can't bring myself to get it dirty. I just like looking at it now.

At least thats one way to stop me driving it :)

19. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Or alternatively you could lock the keys in a 360 :D

20. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Yes this is true! :)

21. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B

Well if you like Si, when you get the keys out of the 360 (you donut) I'm more than happy to come over there and get it dirty for you and I promise I'll clean it after, I'll even leave you the Rover to play in (if you can handle the power that is ) :D

22. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    #47 barabus, Aug 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Ok...my cheap genes are showing again...

6000 pounds for wax...aw, come on now...lets be realistic...

1 container of wax costs as much as a full respray of your car??!!! No one else see's this as just a wee bit misguided??? Really???!!!

24. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Hello fellow Testa man that's

5,800.00 GBP
    United Kingdom Pounds = 10,309.00 USD
    United States Dollars

Just a bit OTT eh:D

25. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    This past weekend I put 3 coats of was on the testarossa...Meguires gold class. I think I spent 17$. Not including labor, but my right arm was sore for 3 days :).

So, at 10,000$ a jar, is this stuf 588x better?!!

I could use that 10,000$ to hire some young babe who works for 10$/hour, to stroke my ego for 1000 hours...!!!!

How many times can you say, "Gee that car is shiny" per hour??? figure 2000 times... Now, I pay the gal for 1000 hours...

So, instead of 1 can of wax, I can have a babe follow me around screaming out "Gee your car is shiney" for 1000 hours...

You decide....