575 manual watch, Europe | Page 25 | FerrariChat

575 manual watch, Europe

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Aug 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    This perspective is the scaremongery on which the entire remain campaign was based. It also forms much of the basic political line that the BBC tows. Fear of change, fear that everything is going to increase in cost, fear that we won't be able to get goods we've enjoyed for years. It's tosh.

The main damage being done by Brexit has already been done, we've been living it since the vote to leave, it is indecision that has caused the mess we're currently in. Get us out and we will continue as though nothing happened, the sky won't fall in as many expert economists suggested would happen if we didn't join the Euro.

I import (more accurately the business I own) mainly from China, but also from Germany, sometimes Japan and occasionally Italy. It's easy and straightforward no matter if your imports are in our outside the EU. Sure there's extra cashflow for duties and VAT from non EU imports, but that's normal and as we're vat registered entity it's not an issue. I also used to import from Portugal and Spain, really, it's just as simple if we're out as if we're in the EU.

The LHD car market in the UK is miniscule, so it will likely simply cease unless addressed specifically with it's own tariffs.

2. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Leaving the politics aside for a second, isn't it true that as an individual, importing a car from EU post-Brexit will cost approximately 30% of the car's value in taxes (20% VAT + 10% import duty)?

That is a major impact unless I am not understanding this properly: we are talking individuals not companies so VAT impact matters?

3. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    The reality is, we genuinely don't know at present. Anything assumed now is pure speculation.

That's what's so damaging. We're almost in a Donald Rumsfeld "known unknowns" and "unknown unknowns" situation.

Business and economies simply cannot prepare or deal with indecision and unknowns, hence the current mess.

Themaven likes this.
  4. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Very well put and agree 100% (+ VAT).

On the off topic topic, many of the rarest whiskies are sold by single bottle. Also (I have been invited to a few tastings) they taste worse than less aged whiskies. But I'll stop there lest I incur my own wrath

Bluebottle likes this.
  5. Vilhuer

Vilhuer Karting

Aug 3, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    It is small but do you want to own LHD car now in UK which you plan to sell later on? If answer is yes good luck trying to sell it after Brexit. Used cars coming and going are probably least of the worries in Brexit negotiations. Therefore its very unlikely they will get any special treatment. So welcome to customs and VAT to their pricing once again. EU is s club which gives its members benefits it does not give to outsiders. Especially when UK do not want to follow all the same rules as member countries.

Even if customs and VAT do not increase end product price its extra hassle to handle them. Therefore I for example wait what Amazon will do after Brexit and look on what EU country it will offer similar product range as it has in .co.uk now. One thing is for sure. UK will stop to be first option from where to look for stuff. Where same items are available inside EU that's where it makes sense to buy them. Millions of people have bought boatloads of stuff from UK online every day simply because it has been in EU and sites are in English language. Much of this business will be gone simply because of extra time and steps needed to handle such purchase. On average paying customs and VAT takes extra two days of parcel transfer time even though it can be done online.

Themaven likes this.
  6. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I guess we'll know when we leave, until then no one knows what's going to happen. Right now though exports are booming due to a weak pound, something that seems to determine sale exports more than any other factor.

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    And if we bomb out in October, pound may be even weaker, so if you sell your car to a euro purchaser, you will get more pounds. :)

8. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  9. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Yes. When I went there to look at a 430 spider manual, I briefly chatted about it. Seems to be on finance which is why they can't show the real ask. The buyer is hoping to get paid for the low-ish miles, but a real bid probably starts not far off half the ask.

21ATS likes this.
  10. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    They also appear to be asking around £135/40K* for a 26K mile 550, which is in line with their "ambitious" pricing policy.:rolleyes:

*Says POA, but the financing calculation gives it away.

BarryK likes this.
  11. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    Check post #106. The CDF car has been for sale since 2016. Photos are unchanged but the recorded mileage is up by 25% and the asking price down by a third.

21ATS likes this.
  12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
  13. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
  14. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Scraggy's car was Nero with (I think) cuoio or beige, FHP and had around 19k miles, so this is not it.

I will try and find out what the Furlonger car sold for.

15. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    That one has been for sale for some time. It was on at Speedmasters for £185K.

My gut feeling is it's been pulled from the market but marked as "sold" be interesting to see if it pops up somewhere else in the near future or if it's actually sold.

16. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Scraggy’s car was actually nero/crema.

This one may be the car that was on sale at a main dealer in the Republic of Ireland for £145k in late 2014.

17. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Correct - not mine actually wish had kept it ;-)

18. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Neil is not a HFM mainly boring retail equities, no relevance to world at large. Style drift to illiquid stocks basically.

19. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Scraggy can you please buy your car back and rejoin the forum?

20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    ..or rejoin the forum without buying your car!

21. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I am cruising around the forums have had a few cars and tend to follow those streams but been off the boil a bit, sold my 812 and currently sans Ferrari, though one inbound

Hope everyone well.

Themaven likes this.
  22. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Still keeping an eye on this thread too...
    There just feels to be a gap between the ‘61 GTE and the ‘18 Lusso...

Themaven likes this.
  23. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  24. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Alan, an ex-Japan, LHD car is, rightly or wrongly, the most discounted type of Ferrari you can buy in the UK, with the double whammy of Japan (almost guaranteed no documented service history or documentable mileage) and LHD, I think the £160k price for this is very high, given the not low mileage of 20k and the fact that, for me, the seats suggest a lot more usage than that (and how would you ever verify that or get reassurance).

A good 20k RHD manual 575 with FHP (as this one has) should now sell for (not ask) somewhere around 170-180k with all documentation and warranty. Maybe more or less depending on colour.

LHD, take 25% off that.

LHD Japan, another 10%.

So, this car is way overpriced.

By the way, Japan cars are often very well looked after so nothing to balk at, at the right price and condition, but this one appears to be neither.

25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The way STG is going south i can imagine quite a few LHD cars will find new owners in mainland Europe. Not to mention the $ ,must start to be tempting to take cars back across the pond.