575 Manual auction | FerrariChat

575 Manual auction

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Skippr1999, Dec 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Pale blue would not be my first choice, but it's a lovey looking car. It will be interesting to see if they get their price.

2. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    An American 575 that lived in the UK, unusual. Looks nice. No mention of FHP, or in fact of any options.

Anyone want to take a guess at whether it will sell next Saturday and at what price? I'll go for $260k hammer.

3. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I think it's a lovely colour combination for the 575 it really suits the car.

4. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    Lovely colour but red calipers....why?

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Would not be top choice of my color combinations although they go well together. I just don't care for light colored interiors. They only look real good if you don't use the car. Silver calipers might have been a better choice as well. IMO

6. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Azzuro California?
    I like the exterior colour, but think its needs a stronger interior colour.
    The dark blue above the instruments and around the stick helps.
    Leather bubbled on the airbag cover, an easy fix.
    Calliper colour can also be changed relatively easily.

$200 K hammer

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    $245K hammer.

8. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
  9. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
  10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That's my dream modern GT Fcar. I've had it listed in my profile for a while as my wanted car.

I still have the photos of it for sale at Bentley of Long Island from around January 2006. 7,477 miles and was for sale for $169,000.

11. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Maranellos look better in darker colors, but the color combo in this one makes it work. The Dino (Lot 239) looks great in grey. The RadioShack head unit makes it even more special :)

12. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Now may be your best chance!

I really like the colour combo, but I suspect it's harder to sell than a more traditional combo. My 550 has a 'generic' black interior, which has that kind of old-fashioned raciness, maybe suits the 550 more than the 575.

My manual 575 is 'beige' inside which sounds like the colour of a 1990s PC but is actually very classy, and I have always liked Sabbia. If I were specifying from scratch I'd have a TdF exterior and maybe Sabbia with blue piping and Sabbia rear shelf. My rear shelf is blue to match the TdF paint, I'd have preferred it in 'beige'.

13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #15 F456M, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    My dark blue 550 had dark blue carpet on the shelf when I bought it. Nothing wrong with that and quite «cosy» inside. But when I got a Crema quilted shelf, the car changed completely to «Louis Vuitton» and it became the icing on the cake! Get Ferrari to make a new original shelf for you! I use my old carpet a snap in carpet when I need to transport stuff there for some reason or when we are two in the car and Enzo also need to join.

(Sorry for the bragging! :)

View attachment 2635983

Attached Files:

Merlin Auto Group and 635CSI like this.
  15. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Enzo has grown !

F456M likes this.
  16. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I'd love to but I feel the market is overpriced at the moment and in particular manual cars (not just 575).

17. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Manhattan; California; Italy; Shanghai
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    That is actually a very interesting point regarding the manuals. I have been a manual guy (probably like all of us) all my life (including F40, Maranellos,
    GT3RS's, etc) and I love them all, but after many miles with an F1 transmission I have to say it has some very cool and unique "feelings' that are as unique to it as a manual to drive. I love my F1.

Many are buying the "old memories" and pleasures of a manual and paying a premium price, but it is very likely that eventually they will both become 'old memories' and some of us in the future will be longing for the F1 as well. It feels almost a manual transmission (hearing the gears engaging in the back) to me compared to some super smooth, almost "auto feel" of current DTC transmissions, and eventually I will not be surprised if they will both even out in terms of emotional value, for the same Ferrari model (except for the rarity factor, meaning the manuals where produced in lower amount). Having had both a "Manual Maranello" and a "F1 Maranello" I have to say the own the same exact place in my heart: both beautiful, special and with a 'future iconic classic style' like the best of the front engined Ferrari v12s, i.e. 275 GTBs, 330GTC,Daytonas, Maranellos, F12, etc.

The same applies to me as it regards to a great range of "Options and Color Combinations' like the 575 shown and discussed here in this thread.

We are lucky to own each and everyone of these cars, regardless of color and options combinations : ).

Love to hear what you think....

ScottS and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  18. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Beautiful dog.

My 575 has a dark blue (blu scuro) factory leather shelf and while I agree a "beige" to match the Daytonas would be nice, it's a bit of an indulgence and I'd rather spend it on tyres and what have you..

F456M likes this.
  19. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    So you're saying one can have Ferrari make a new quilted leather shelf? Please explain how I'd go about doing this. Very nice, btw....thanks!

20. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Themaven and F456M like this.
  21. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #22 F456M, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Yes, Ferrari from what I have heared, have a department for restoring old cars and will make most about anything. But I doubt it is free. Then at least you can say your car is all original, which I can’t as I had it made locally but to factory spec. The thing is that leather shrinks with time and temperature and to make it perfect the very first time is not as easy as one could wish even for the most skilled upholstry shop. The color should also match perfectly, which is not possible in most cases. Another way to do it is to just spray paint it. I have seen it be done and it usually turns out perfect. Just make sure they apply clear coat on top so the color don’t go off when you use some strong cleaner.

Bluebottle: I really like your two tone interior!!

22. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dog not included!

F456M likes this.
  23. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Thankyou.:)

24. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm not opposed to F1 entirely. I grew up as a fan of Ferrari before the introduction of the F1 transmission like most on these forums. The gated Ferrari shifter to me is iconic. My daily driver is a manual and it is a pain in stop and go traffic, but when the road clears up I do enjoy rowing the gears and rev matching (as best as I can).

I think the paddle shifting experience in this Pagani would be amazing. I love the sound of backfiring it has and the quick shifts. I watched this video nearly a decade ago and it really made me look at paddle shifters in a different way (for the better).