550 Maranello Registry- CREATED! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

550 Maranello Registry- CREATED!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by mbyormark, May 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No need to screw with the master cylinder. HGTC and standard 575Ms used the same master cylinder. Mine still has the original master cylinder with 396 mm Mov'It 6 piston CERs front and 362 mm rear. Pads are way, way bigger than CCMs with no problems after 10 years of use.

First thing would be the SS brake lines, and then the titanium bolts. Might as well do the cheap things first. Probably easier to find a 550/575M CF shift knob than one from an F50.

2. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Here's my contribution, it's a 2001. Thanks for the registry!
    • VIN# 123565
    • Beige Interior color
    • Blu Tour De France Exterior color
    • LHD
    • Red Calipers, Quilted Headliner and Rear Shelf
    • Miami, FL
    • Ferrarichat username "rhern213"

F456M likes this.
  3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    A picture of that car cruising under the palms on McArthur Cswy is mandatory here on Fchat!!!! :)

rhern213 likes this.
  4. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    That will definitely come soon, I just purchased the car last week and am eagerly awaiting delivery!

F456M likes this.
  5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Congratulations!! I use to be in Miami for the boat show. Love running a fast powerboat along South Beach and in to Biscayne Bay. Be careful going out from some gas stations as the front overhang is long and the car will need a driver who really knows it. I had a XK8 for four years and had tons of fun with it in Miami. It is now home in Norway waiting in the garage for a new summer.

6. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Thanks! Yeah I had read the 550 has an unusually long front, I'll definitely always be aware of that.

F456M likes this.
  7. dell550

dell550 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    george c

Thanks for the reply and I understand that the master cylinder is common across the models but I had a problem with an amount of movement at the top of the pedal stroke that felt like the brakes were not bled properly. I even fitted a brand new master cylinder after exhausting all other avenues including rebuilding calipers and multiple styles of bleeding.No improvement was evident so I followed the course of action I would have taken if it was a race car and changed the master cylinder bore size and thankfully it worked . I do have braided steel brake flexi pipes all round and although the pedal effort required has increased slightly I now have a good pedal with no slack/delay when applied. Numerous Alpine road trips have given me no problems .
    The F50 gear knob came free with a bunch of parts i purchased from a dealer aged stock clearance years ago .

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    George- We have several owners with ceramic brake retrofits and no problems with the master cylinder, including me. A free F50 gearshift knob is better than a $1500 550 or 575M knob.

9. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Needed to make one addition from my previous post, just found out the correct interior color combo I have;

* VIN# 123565
    * Blu Scuro/Beige Interior color
    * Blu Tour De France Exterior color
    * LHD
    * Red Calipers, Quilted Headliner and Rear Shelf
    * Miami, FL
    * Ferrarichat username "rhern213"

bay and F456M like this.
  10. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Exceptionally tasteful color combination!! Sounds exactly like a 456M I know.....

rhern213 likes this.
  11. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    When my kids get older I might need to swap for your 4-seater! :)

12. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Don't wait too long. I laughingly refer to the rear seats as appropriate for children under 4 or double amputees. Not very kind or PC but pretty dang accurate. Putting adults in the back is only good for going out to a restaurant. Not for any appreciable length of drive. Thank heavens a 456 is an aesthetic thing of beauty!!

F456M and rhern213 like this.
  13. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    The smaller baby can go in the 550's rear shelf for now. Then I'll just gift my wife a spa day since she won't fit.

F456M likes this.
  14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    This guy fit perfectly!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

bay, Laserguru and rhern213 like this.
  15. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Hahah, that's awesome, I need to get one of those shelf beds for our guy to come along coffee runs. He'll be a bit easier to get back there and he likes tanning.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  16. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Cute!!

17. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Enzo looks very relaxed and self-satisfied!!

F456M likes this.
  18. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Many small kids are envious when they pass by and see him in stop and go traffic... It is my first dog or animal for that matter. You get very emotional and love them so much as time goes... Can’t live without. Like a Ferrari V12 :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rhern213 and Laserguru like this.
  19. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric

20. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Man Erik, they're beautiful family members! Our French Bulldog "Winston" is definitely our first child, he eats and sleeps better than we do.

Btw, that's a pretty fantastic view out of the porch, overlooking the lake and mountains, and the 550 on the corner.

F456M likes this.
  21. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #96 F456M, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Winston is a cool dog name. (in referance to Winston Churchill who made peace...). Also saying [SIC]: «In every impossibility, there is an opportunity»...

It’s his girlfriend «Luna» at her mountain cabin in Norway. I bet he is the dog with the most miles in a Maranello. And certainly the fastest too, breaking the 200 mph. barrier! Now back to topic.

rhern213 likes this.
  22. Danielgendron01

Jan 27, 2023
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Daniel Gendron
    Good Morning All. So you might think this is crazy but at 43 I have never done this chat thing first need some direction on how to use it correctly.
    Secondly, you might even think this is even more crazy. I own a 612 which I love but just bought a 2000 550 Maranello - It was a flood damage car and does not start. I am in the middle of replacing all of the electronics. I would like some advice on starting it up and some other electronics that I might be missing to replace.

The car is unbelievable clean with 5000 miles on it. Had it fully detailed and is now at my mechanics removing the underside panels for inspection which I am sure is in perfect condition.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Condor Man and F456M like this.
  23. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink

I'm curious if it's the car Samcrac talks about in this video at around 14:45:

24. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    Hello Danielgendron01, give me the VIN of the 550 Maranello , i have a register for 550 Maranello

25. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    Would love to add to the registry.

* VIN# 107246
    * Grigio Titanio exterior
    * Blu Scuro interior
    * LHD
    * Tubi exhaust, SuperAmerica wheels
    * Ferrarichat username "vantage_007"

bay and Ferrari55whoa like this.