News

550 is 25 next year . . . anyone fancy a meet in Maranello?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Bluebottle, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Ferrar55whoa

Ferrar55whoa Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    YIKES -- even here in California things "feel" like they are getting better. I had hoped most of things would be back to normal by September.

I see that they did just cancel Octoberfest as of yesterday. Really unfortunate 8-( https://www.oktoberfest.de/en/magazine/oktoberfest-news/2021/oktoberfest-2021-will-not-take-place

Not having Octoberfest would not be a "deal breaker" for me (would have been amazing though).

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    I am judging at a regional Ferrari Concours on Sunday September 26th...I’d love to ship my car over there forVille d’eteste but I’d have to see all costs involved as my business is still down from Covid...I am in suburban Philly so if we could get discounted rates on shipping and accommodations AND we are allowed to travel abroad I’d seriously consider it...the “X” factor THIS year is Covid...the Ferrari National in Portland for July was just cancelled on Saturday so I’m not sure how the dynamics of Covid could impact European leisure travel for us Americans

4. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    banana republic of america
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    #53 ralfabco, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Years ago I spent time at the school library. With down time I looked at a few old automobile magazines. Some early 1970's English car rag included a classified section. A dealer had a LM listed for somewhere around 15000 pounds. Maybe less :D?

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Kirk F White had a 250 LM listed in his newsletter for around $10K in the 70s.

ralfabco likes this.
  6. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    There will be no travel without a corona vaccination. I already got the first Biontech vaccination. Life is coming back, only I had a little crash and now have to mend the front bumper again ... the broken splinter still worries me ...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    London
    Full Name:
    Darius
    This is a minor organisational point in the scheme of things, but I understand that the plan is for many breweries to hold mini Oktoberfests in their brew houses and proprietary beer gardens instead. The Oktoberfestbier meanwhile will still be served. No fairground, but perhaps actually nicer than the Theresienwiese where the Fest is usually held.

also there are some stunning beer-related locations in Bavaria to stay in on a car tour...and you won’t have to worry about Munich parking.

Ferrar55whoa likes this.
  9. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I think with the pandemic it is very difficult to commit to any dates. Combined with my extremely reluctant employer (when it comes to leave), it's not looking good for me to participate. But I would like to, so I"ll keep tabs.

10. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    At the moment we have weekly changes with open or closed shops, restaurants, garden restaurants, ...
    Changes in shopping with click an meet, then click and collect, then closed, ....
    In some areas it's forbidden to go out between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m., in others between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., in others not and as I said this changes nearly weekly.
    Bayern is different to Baden Württemberg, is different to Hessen, .......

It seems that they do not know what they do.

I think this will be better in autumn, but who knows.
    Last year they expected that this spring is better, but before XMas it changes to the bad side.

Daniel

11. Ferrar55whoa

Ferrar55whoa Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yeah that came in on the Ferrari app.
    Not a bad price for such an experience.

Are you guys stil contemplating a trip to Maranello?

I am planning to drive there this summer with either the 550 or 328.
    Have yet todo the pilgrimage with one of them.

We are about to open up the country again here in Austria on the 19th of May, so there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat