512 TR values - Another leg up | Page 5 | FerrariChat

512 TR values - Another leg up

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ASK328, May 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    "Out the door"

Are u a used car salesman also?

I call BS on that, are u an employee @ a used car shop with a few 512tr's in stock?

2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #102 msdesignltd, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    I see you prefer to shoot first , ask questions later...are you Russian?
    Chill and watch this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyEqkaB8a0E

Ferrari of Long Island really does not play the Marshall Goldman Game..They always advertize real prices...
    I think they are spot on with these 2 asking prices..
    A 94' would be at the price Mytoys has suggested if it were at FOLI.
    Authorized F car dealers cannot play games as big brother is watching.
    $455,000.00 is what an F car dealer will ask at this juncture.

http://www.ferrarili.com/all-inventory/index.htm?listingConfigId=auto-all&make=FERRARI&model=512+TR&compositeType=&year=&start=0&sort=&facetbrowse=true&quick=true&searchLinkText=SEARCH&showInvTotals=false&showRadius=false&showReset=false&showSubmit=true&facetbrowseGridUnit=BLANK&showSelections=true&dependencies=model%3Amake%2Ccity%3Aprovince%2Ccity%3Astate&suppressAllConditions=false

3. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I think I am missing the dry humor here, you are kidding right?

4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Another leg up?

here around My home, in Italy, there is a fantatsic Red with cream TR 512 (1992) with 20 k miles (32000 km) fully Ferrari serviced, service book and everything at 165 K euro: If someone wants it, please write me a PM... ;)

ciao

5. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think that's BS.

Long Island just bought that car at Pebble Beach for 275K ish all in - now they list it for that. The prices are crazy and I stand by my statement that the guy that posted for his 2nd post is with high likelihood a dealer talking up prices.

F car dealers play games all the time Did you pay attention to Ferrari of New England for the last 3 years?? are you kidding? Big Brother is more corrupt then any dealer also.

6. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Is there a way you can verify this sale??
    Do you think you overpaid or did you look for Comps and find any..

There was a 94 in Colorado that sold 6 months ago..I believe it was $360,000 +
    ???

7. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Being new here, It's interesting that there's an inherent distrust here. I also didn't expect this chat community to have hostile members like Ask328. I don't feel like I need to justify or explain anything to anyone but for the record, I'm not in the car business. I'm a car enthusiast and have been buying Ferrari since 1999 til the present day. With respect to the 1994 512 TR I just bought, the story is simple... I was offered a 1992 Red/black with 6000 miles for $140k about 18 months ago and didn't take it because I wanted a Red/Tan and preferably a 1994. Since then the price started climbing and I couldn't find a 94' lower than 15k miles. I was offered this red/tan 94 car with 2700 miles late August and decided to take it on the spot for the $455k asking price because there weren't any other 1994 with similar mileage red/tan car I can compare this to. I can careless if I paid $50k or 100k too much for the car because this was exactly what I was looking for and I intend to keep this car for a long time. btw "out the door" is a term dealers often use when they tell me the total price including tax license etc. If someone can advise as to how to post pictures here I would be happy to take some and share them here.

8. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Welcome to the community mytoys. Don't worrry - there will always be some sort of debate of the value depending if you are selling or buying. I think there are some skepticism due to "high" price that is quoted. But it doesn't look like you are are hurting one way or another - so it only takes one buyer & seller to agree on a price to conclude a sale.

Well, it speaks volume on the scarcity of a 1994 512TR that you are willing to pay almost 1/2 million considering there other options available(ie. Speciale, 458, F12, etc..) - assuming that you would have some of these in your collection already.

I think you have to subscribe to be a Silver membership($15/5 year) to be able to post some pictures. When you click reply, there will be a "Manage attachment" button.

Best

9. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #109 msdesignltd, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    You have sucessfully survived your hazing!
    Welcome to the " rough " community!

This sale will reverberate through the Ferrari Dealer community,Quickly... and have an effect on pricing..
    You are right...even more so than the 512M...The 94TR is rarist of them all!!!
    BTW.. What state are you in?

10. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    If I'm wrong I apologize, I was only being "hostile" towards a possible impersonator - if u are not I will offer u my sincerest congrats.

I can't imagine someone buying a 512 TR for that much "out the door". I bought my last 94 512 for 100k abiet 7 years ago.

Again congrats on buying what must be the most expensive 512 tr ever.

Times are really crazy.

11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    this would indicate that mils driven on a 512tr are now worth about $10/mile.....kind of crazy.

as i have said multiple times before, i sure am glad that i have driven my cars A LOT before the valuations went nuts. the mileage obsessed will never have the pleasure of a nice roadtrip across the continent, or a track day, or just using it as a daily driver. sad.

12. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #112 msdesignltd, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Check your Math
    if you are calcu like this?
    I get $168.00 per mile
    455,000 divided by 2700

This is all subjective non sense anyway..

13. Jezter70

Jezter70 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2013
    Surry (from UK)
    Full Name:
    Jez
    Personally I think $10 devaluation per mile driven sounds too steep...... where does your number of $168 per mile come from, Michael?
    BR,
    Jez

14. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    yes I also currently own a 458 Speciale and a 16M Scud. Im in California.

Thanks for the tip on posting pictures. I believe my car was once for sale by Motorcars International when it had 2333 miles on it , see below link to some pictures

1994 Ferrari 512TR

The car is nearly brand new except a broken handbrake boot and the driverside lap belt doesn't retract. It is going to the dealership today getting the lap belt replaced.

15. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I remember that car...NICE...I hope they saved you the original exhaust...
    That add was only about 18 months ago???

16. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Mytoys, all I can tell you is congratulations. Don't worry about what others are saying on this thread. You paid what you felt like was a fair price for your dream car (and a highly desirable one at that, a red/tan 94 512TR), and you now own the car.

They are wonderful cars, as you know, so go drive it, enjoy it, and don't worry about what others are saying on here.

17. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1 Congratulations on a beautiful 94
    I bought my 92 512TR about 6 months ago for almost triple what I could have a couple years ago. Don't care as I have it now and would have paid more. Its a keeper. Dream fulfilled. Enjoying the drive over 800 miles in 6 months. It is so hard keeping the miles low but I have to partake in the adventure behind the wheel and makes those special occasions complete!

18. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #118 msdesignltd, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes , Congrats..
    Heres My 94..#96901..3100 miles
    Best 20th century Supercar at Greenwich Concours 2015
    Parked next to Best 21st century Supercar...pagani..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Thanks for the kind words. I've always loved the 512TR when I was young but for some reason have always bought new Ferraris until now. Will slowly start building up a collection of keepers. Still getting used to the clutch pedal and the non power steering on the TR, what a workout! No, they didn't give me the original exhaust. It comes with a Tubi.

Michael your black 94' is gorgeous!!!

20. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Why, did they replace all hoses, bearings and bushings throughout the entire car? For 450K you would think the boot would be perfect and the seat belt would work and it wold have an original exhaust.

Hope you enjoy it as the other 2 you have have will make it feel like a dinosaur. BTW, that's a load of cars you have been in and out of in a very short period of time, didn't like them?

21. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    You're right, they should have fixed the problems for the price. isn't Tubi better than the stock exhaust? Dealer here tells me you can't order another handbrake boot, needs to custom make one. FOW did an engine out service, classiche cert and asked my local dealer replaced the seat belt. Yes I went through some cars but over the last 18-20 years. For a while, I felt the urge to trade for the newest model out, partially due to lack of garage space. I will have a lot more garage space in a few months so will start keeping cars.

22. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Yes tubi is nicer than OE, but oddly at a certain age point (20yrs +) show collectors want and revert back to OE; not the case for newer cars like 360, 430, F12, etc - where after market is king in this case. I personally don't care and think a good kreissieg, capristo, or tubi (in that order) are better and make the car more enjoyable...so don't change it.

On a side note, odd that FOW got the car classiched without an OE exhaust. I was under the impression the car had to have all OE parts (minus wear items i.e. Brakes) to be certified under the program.

23. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    1994 512TR for sale at Lamborghini of Houston 275K

Very early 94, no ABS, possibly miss advertised year?

Needs an engine out service.
    Has the early differential in it.....and it's broken. being sold AS-IS and they will only sell it allegedly to a dealer they said they don't want the liability for repairs.

No affiliation, just saw the add and called them.

24. 1997spider

1997spider Karting

Nov 18, 2014
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Alex
    in the process of locking down that '94 at Houston, they are firm on the price, sounds like 3rd gear is the issue, will know more this week after a PPI.... any thoughts from the forum on this issue? Will likely need trans rebuild and perhaps new rear diff. Will do an engine out while this is getting done. Probably total of at least $30k++ worth of work to fix. +275 initial investment. Any thoughts? It is black on black with 15k miles, US spec car, not sure about ABS, but no radio. No paint, leather and body are straight, looks like aftermarket exhaust, no books or tools. I'm a dealer, might just keep it or re-sell.

25. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The only added value of a 94 is its rarity in its ABS
    If its a 93 and has issues
    I would think twice at that price