50 Years of Ferrari ( Feeler ) | Page 6 | FerrariChat

50 Years of Ferrari ( Feeler )

Discussion in 'Texas' started by SAFE4NOW, Aug 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Oh, you mean like, um putting a Ferrari Shield on the hood of my Red Audi S6 for a Fall FCA Rally... LoL

S

p.s. Point taken

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Steve, sounds like you did a great job making the best of the situation.... For a few years I laid out the FCA car show field and that was a big challenge WITHOUT having weather issues or competing events, and not giving much thought to the type of Ferraris to be shown.

What you were trying to accomplish was ambitious and important to the FCA club and the enthusiast community in DFW and all corners of the Ferrari world. Nice work.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I knew it was you! ;) 1% causing 99% of the Ferrari Protective Services problems. :D

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Oh yeah, I forgot to give you **** in person about thinking I was the replica thread poster :)

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    glad you forgot. ;)

6. deeprivergarage

deeprivergarage Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 3, 2009
    S of Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    AK

Those are terrific pictures. Great color, clarity, and angles.

Jerry
    DRG

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    What a great event! Despite not many people showing up due to the weather, it was still a good turnout and I'm sure everyone there had some fun. I know I did!
    Big thank you to Steve, both Dons, and everyone else who made it happen.

8. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  9. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    The few I took with my BB to taunt a friend in PA:

Dear Santa....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Chips for trading/donating
    458 racer is in the background

Don P addressing the crowd

Hiding in the garage; can never have enough of this one.

A great evening, fantastic event by both FCA and Boardwalk, for a good cause.

10. DNJS328

DNJS328 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 25, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Full Name:
    Don P.
    Thank you everyone for the kind words. This is the first time I have had enough energy to get on F-Chat since Sunday morning. It was so disheartening to have four months of planning spoiled by a few rain showers. We did our best to accommodate everyone coming from all parts of the Metroplex and thankfully with a huge effort from the Ferrari community we were able to get our photo sessions accomplished.

A huge "Thank You" to the Boardwalk Auto Group and all their employees for hosting such an incredible event Saturday night. They were so gracious in opening up their facility to all those that brought there cars Saturday night with the knowledge of the impending rain. I think we had every possible inside spot taken up with cars for the photo shoot. Then the scramble to get cars in and out between rain storms. I had the opportunity to be up on the roof for the photo's and really look forward to the completed version.

Lastly and most importantly, to the brave souls that ventured through the rain to go to Ronald McDonald House Sunday afternoon, I hope your experience was as fulfilling as mine. The smiles on the kids' faces made every bit of work and planning all worth while. I overheard one parent talking about how it was the first time she had seen her child smile in weeks and another parent tell her child about bragging rights he had over his big brother because he got to sit in a Ferrari! It was a fantastic day and I now wish I could have only done more.

Again, thank you everyone who participated and made this special event possible. Who knows... maybe we'll try it again sometime. But it won't be anytime soon.