50 Years of Ferrari ( Feeler ) | Page 5 | FerrariChat

50 Years of Ferrari ( Feeler )

Discussion in 'Texas' started by SAFE4NOW, Aug 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DNJS328

DNJS328 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 25, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Full Name:
    Don P.
    Mother nature continues to throw us curve balls. Depending on which forecast you believe, it looks like rain starting around 9:30 and ending by 12:00 - 1:00. The photo committee has made the decision to delay the picture until this afternoon. For anyone wanting to head down to Ronald McDonald House, please be at Boardwalk by 11:30 to join in the parade of cars headed south or you can always meet us there after the roads dry up a little. The picture is planned for around 2:00. Get to Boardwalk when you can before that time and hopefully the sun will smile on us all this afternoon. Thank you everyone for help and understanding. See you soon.

2. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    Thanks for the update. I have to bring 2 cars 60 miles one way from SW Fort Worth. The radar looks like rain here in the next hr to two. The drive home would be the problem.

3. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    We are getting a good soaking where I am now. Thanks for pushing this back a few hours!

4. DNJS328

DNJS328 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 25, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Full Name:
    Don P.
    Latest forecast shows everything West of Plano should be clearing by 12:30. Just in time for our run to Ronald McDonald House. For those that live East of Plano and want to get there before the rains hit, Boardwalk is open and can store you cars inside. We are still planning on pictures at 2:00. Again, thanks to all for your help in making this once in a lifetime event happen.

5. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    Any updates? Still raining here in SW FW.

6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Strangely enough, the rain held off till JUST now.

So, cars are all put away, we're all heading to the RMH to close out the day.

We did end up with a few over 30 cars, so we may photoshop the rest in and make a picture of it.

Thank you to everyone who braved the weather and those that helped watching the weather!

S

7. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    I thought the photo shoot got moved to 2 pm? Glad I didn't leave FW. Somewhat loosely organized affair at best. I'm 60 miles away and it takes an effort to organize driving two 45 year old cars over there. At least I don't have to clean them now.

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Glad I saw this, I was about to head to Boarwalk for the picture. Guess I'll leave it parked.

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    With all due respect...

Alot of people put alot of hard work into this weekends events. FCA BoD , FCA Members, Ferrari Chat members, Ronald McDonald House, and even a few Boardwalk employees..
    Cars were driven in as well as transported at Boardwalk Ferrari's expense all week. This option was open to you as well, you opted not to, which I respect...

The only thing that got in the way of today's photo shoot was the weather, something that no one has any control over. FCA did their best to adapt to what weather they were dealt.

With that said, WE ( the above group ) made it work and at the end of the day, we got our 50 cars photographed.

I understand that you are upset that you couldn't make it over. But I respectfully ask that you keep the negitive comments to yourself, as there are far more Ferrari owners who worked really hard to pull this together.

S

## Disclaimer: The above comments are my personal thoughs and respectful opinions. I am writing them after long, long day. Getting up at 5am after staying up working the event last night.Moving cars in and out, as well as pushing a few.. so yes I am tired and beat, but I feel I needed to reply, ##

10. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I'm sorry we missed you sir!

S

11. lilviv

lilviv Karting

Nov 9, 2011
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Vivek Gupta
    Hi Steve, sorry I couldn't stay too long . . . for the 50 cars photographed, did you get them in one shot this afternoon, or are you doing a "fill in the blanks" with some photoshopped in later?

Thanks for the hard work you, FCA, and everyone involved did to put it together. Shame the weather threw such a kink in everything.

12. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    We were able to get a total of 50 Ferrari's photographed.

Since we had all the spaces marked, we were able to put cars in the spaces that were empty during the morning shoot. That way, the cars are all in their unique spots and yes we will put both pictures together to form one.

Thank you for coming out and I still like your line through the "esses" on International!
    S

13. deeprivergarage

deeprivergarage Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 3, 2009
    S of Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Cheryl and I had a terrific evening at the 599 reception and RMH fundraiser at Boardwalk Ferrari Maserati this weekend.

Our sincere thanks to Steve and Brian, and all the Boardwalk staff and management, for making us feel welcome and appreciated. Your attention to detail, especially, the red carpet, food, drinks, cocktail tables, and the extra staff to assist with parking was great.

I know a lot of people had to work very hard to pull it all together: Don and Carolyn R., Don P., Shawn, Steve, and others that I don't know.

Just for the record the Kansas City Ferrari Club treasurer, Stewart (sp?) flew in just to attend the event.

It was also fun to see the kids and parents at the RMH have the opportunity to see, sit in, honk the horns, and open the doors, of the Ferraris at the RMH, and financially benefit from the caring and generous Ferrari enthusiasts that attended.

Unfortunately, the weather didn't fully cooperate on Sunday for the 50 model picture, but it appears that the resourceful and creative Ferrari people will prevail. I had a great day looking at the cars, pushing the cars, and hearing the Dino 206 run. I think it was great. Good job!

Best regards,
    Cheryl and Jerry
    DRG

14. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It was great to go out there today and be a part of this. It was still well put together, even if the weather spoiled it a bit. And it was good to see those kids smile at RMH. Thanks to Steve, Don, Carolyn, and everyone else who made this happen. If only the weather would have cooperated.

Pictures will come tomorrow. I'm exhausted.

15. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    I want to thank everyone involved with this project. Certainly the fine folks at Boardwalk deserve a big hand for providing us their gorgeous facility at which to hold this event.
    But a special thanks to FCA members Steve Fordham who was at the dealership for many long hours and was an immense help in locating cars and storing cars for owners when the weather did not cooperate. To Don Patty who helped do the lay out for the Photo shoot and spent many hours putting that together. To Shawn Richard who coordinated the apparel design and manufacture. All of these folks went way beyond what was required to make this event a huge success for our chapter.
    Again thanks to these people and thanks to all of you who attended the events on Saturday and Sunday. A job WELL done! :)

16. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Folks, I am so sorry to have missed this. I had every intention of attending the photo shoot but frankly got a little confused about timing. In retrospect I should have dropped my car off at Boardwalk first thing in the morning and just left the keys with you guys. What a bummer!

To all the organizers, thank you for your efforts! Special shout out to Steve and the rest of the Boardwalk team for a wonderful evening Saturday and to our FCA members who went the extra mile.

Best,
    -W

17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I had the same problem. I wanted to part of the photo shoot, but knew I couldn't do that and the RMH as I had other things to accomplish yesterday. My original plan was to go to the shoot then depart when everyone left for RMH. When that got postponed, I started my other commitment at 9:00am, planning to be done by 2:00 for the photo session.

Glad it all worked out despite of the rain.

18. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Boardwalk coordinated very nicely with us, so I am not sure I understand the confusion. They simply picked up the car

19. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I echo Jerry and Cheryl's sentiments... Julie and I had a great time Saturday night, and the run down to RMH on Sunday was a blast. It is always great to be part of anything that brings smiles like the ones we saw on those kids on Sunday.

Roll the credits: BIG THANKS to Don & Carolyn R., Don & Jeannie P., Shawn, Steve & Lilly, Boardwalk Ferrari Maserati, and crew.

My synopsis of the event on Sunday...
    The weather was unpredictable and there were pockets of rain all over the Dallas-Ft. Worth area all morning. I followed the instruction in DNJS328's post at 7:13am and made it to Boardwalk around 10:30, driving through some pockets of light rain along my route. The roads were dry, but the sky was looking progressively worse as cars arrived at Boardwalk. Our club volunteers lined the cars up in position on the lawn as photos were taken from the rooftop - just in case. So anyone who made it to Boardwalk in the morning was in the picture, but there was another session in the afternoon around 3pm.

As the front moved through at around 11:30, the temperature dropped and the rain started coming down. By noon Boardwalk was soaked and most of the cars on the lawn had been moved into the Boardwalk garages. The soaking continued until after 1pm, but the decision was made to organize a small number of cars to parade down to RMH. The club’s goal to deliver the donations collected through our collective efforts was reached right around 2pm at RMH. Fun was had by all, after which the group paraded back to Boardwalk in drying conditions for photo session #2.

By 3pm a small group gathered back at Boardwalk. We moved our cars into spaces on the damp lawn that were left open during the morning photo session so that another photo could be taken from the same location on the roof. As Steve alluded to in a post yesterday, a composite picture will be rendered in Photoshop to produce the final print.

It would have been great to have all of our cars present at one time for the picture, but in the end communicating any kind of plan accurately proved to be a daunting task. Getting us all in one place at the same time yesterday was just not possible. Regardless of the uncertainty the weather brought, FCA-DFW was able to deliver our donation to RMH with pride, and the 50th Anniversary of the FCA was celebrated with gusto.

20. akbarber

akbarber Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
  21. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #121 BlackBird007, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some pictures. These aren't edited because alot of them will increase in file size, therefore making for a slow upload time, or exceeding the size limit. That's a downside to using Photoshop. Also, credit goes to Boardwalk for the last picture.

I'll save more of the "dramatic" shots for editing and post them seperately (the dark clouds were a good setup for those). I would have loved to go on the roof and snap pictures, but I'm not good with ladders. :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Thanks for posting the photos Kevin, does anyone have any pictures from Saturday nights event?

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it looks like great event, so many challenges putting it together and then mother nature throws something into the mix too!

FYI the green #4 Challenge should be counted as a 348 C, not 355 C.

24. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you to everyone who braved the weekend / weather / etc to make this happen!

We take what we could get < wink >

S

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    of course, but you wouldn't want to be fake. I don't think you would have counted a 250 GTO replica or maybe you would have. ;)